NFL 2020: Please Don't Be Fetch

Mr. Chatywin et al.

2 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

I didn’t see the 3rd next year. That’s makes it much better for Washington.

Yeah, sounds like a fair deal.  Bye bye Joe Staley :(, but at least they got a damn good replacement.

What I'm hoping for today?  The Niners draft Lamar Jackson.

3 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

I didn’t see the 3rd next year. That’s makes it much better for Washington. 

If it's true that Minnesota offered a 2, a 3 and 5 is probably near equal. It definitely is a win for the Niners since it seems like Joe Staley is retiring.

3 minutes ago, DMC said:

I'm just shocked Snyder agreed to deal him to a Shanahan.  When I saw the rumors last night I was like "yeah, right."

If Williams had a no-trade clause than he could nix any trade. Danny Boy might have had no choice but either trade him to the Niners or get nothing. 

11 minutes ago, Trebla said:

If Williams had a no-trade clause than he could nix any trade. Danny Boy might have had no choice but either trade him to the Niners or get nothing. 

Yeah there's conflicting reports on if Williams killed the Vikings deal or not.  Who knows.  Regardless, looks like the Niners offer was the best they were going to get.  Even then, I wouldn't of put it past Snyder to refuse anyway.

I was reading the ESPN write up on the CB Dallas just took, part of it said one of his draw backs was lack of speed, then I looked at the number from the combine, 4.44 in the 40.... since when is that a "lack of speed"? Sloppy editing or an old write up I assume.

Question on draft history... I know they used to have a ton more rounds, but they just mentioned a pick from “the tenth round in 1988.”  Didn’t realize it was that recent.

Since 88, the league has added four teams (? Am I missing anyone?).  Why lose three rounds when there are 220 more roster slots needed to fill in the league?

14 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I was reading the ESPN write up on the CB Dallas just took, part of it said one of his draw backs was lack of speed, then I looked at the number from the combine, 4.44 in the 40.... since when is that a "lack of speed"? Sloppy editing or an old write up I assume.

Yeah, looks like they didn't edit it after the combine. I have draft magazine that had him as 7th rounder or UFA. That 4.4 40 probably shot him up the board. Kiper and DJ seemed to like him. 

3 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Question on draft history... I know they used to have a ton more rounds, but they just mentioned a pick from “the tenth round in 1988.”  Didn’t realize it was that recent.

Since 88, the league has added four teams (? Am I missing anyone?).  Why lose three rounds when there are 220 more roster slots needed to fill in the league?

TV? That's the only thing I can think of.

One of my favorite useless trivia tidbits is that the Cowboys drafted Pat Riley in 1967. Yes, THAT Pat Riley. With so many rounds, teams would pick just about anyone. Every once in a while, it worked out. They picked an Olympic sprinter in 1964. That was Hall of Famer Bullet Bob Hayes  whose speed made teams develop zone and bump and run coverages. 

17 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Looking forward to @Jace, Basilissa waking up from her coke hangover, wiping the vomit off her face and finding out that the Colts took Eason.

I don't do that anymore, gone completely sober. Just weed and whiskey.

14 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Because practically no 7th or even 6th rounders make the roster, and UDFAs are mostly camp followers. The extra rounds were superfluous,

13 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I'll have to remind my girlfriend that "weed and whiskey" = "completely sober."

9 minutes ago, DMC said:

I'll have to remind my girlfriend that "weed and whiskey" = "completely sober."

That reminds me of a bit from "Community".

Jeff and his friend on going to a bar:

Jeff: "Whoa, you just got out of rehab, can you do that?"

Friend: "What? I stopped doing coke, not being RAD!"

:rofl:

1 minute ago, Trebla said:

That reminds me of a bit from "Community".

LOL, yeah, pretty sure that was Rob Corddry playing his douche lawyer friend that turned him in.  Just about finishing up rewatching (and for seasons 4-6 watching for the first time) Community right now.  Another one this reminds me of is in a Season 5 ep John Oliver is trying to hit on Britta, but then Jeff decides he'll stay for a drink.  Oliver eyes him suspiciously and Jeff is like "what, I have a horrible drinking problem."  Then Oliver's like, "You better!"

8 minutes ago, dbunting said:

So Dallas moved up to get the center from Wisconsin I mentioned earlier, and did it by trading with....Philly? I feel dirty and confused. Philly and Dallas worked together on something. 

I hope Biadasz is a total bust! It will serve you right for trading with a division rival, and jumping in front of the Bengals and taking the guy we wanted. :P

3 hours ago, Rhom said:

1988 was about when the median poster was in diapers. (Unless I'm even older than I think).  But yeah, more UDFAs now. 

3 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Those are the staunchest standards, I'm sure.

Archived