NFL 2020: Please Don't Be Fetch

Mr. Chatywin et al.

24 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Not bad for a guy who got fired from Texas Tech!

Hey!  You leave Lubbock alone!  I went there each summer from the ages 12-18.  Then spent 40-50 minutes in a car getting to where my uncle owned a dairy outside of Lubbock.  It was special and showed me that those people are just as stupid as the rest of us!

30 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

If you asked 1000 people to match the two photos, one being the best NFL coach in history and the other being your cousin's friend who coaches part time at the local junior high.........  

I  have to say, I don't see anything at all about that photo that says "I'm rich" it barely gives off an "I'm middle class" vibe.  

It's the fact that that understated room is in a compound on Nantucket that makes the difference.

3 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

It's the fact that that understated room is on Nantucket that makes the difference.

And the map!  It's so every Cape Cod timeshare ever.  Well, the one I grew up with also had a fake swordfish.  For some reason.

1 minute ago, DMC said:

And the map!  It's so every Cape Cod timeshare ever.  Well, the one I grew up with also had a fake swordfish.  For some reason.

Yes.  The fact that it's Nantucket is a slight compensation for the 'no designer ever set foot in this house' look, but not by much.

19 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I actually liked Belichick's setup quite a lot. It bespoke of affluence without losing a utilitarian's touch.

Best part of the draft was when they showed his kitchen and had his name on the screen but his dog was sitting in front of the computer.

2 hours ago, briantw said:

Best part of the draft was when they showed his kitchen and had his name on the screen but his dog was sitting in front of the computer.

If Gettleman had done that, we'd all be calling for his job. 

Documentary to feature Alex Smith's leg injury.

The article I linked to didn't include the actual picture, but there's a link to an image of his leg four days post surgery.  :stillsick:  I had read that he was dangerously close to losing his leg, but seeing that image really drove home how lucky the man is to have both feet right now.  I've always really liked Alex Smith, he's the consummate "good soldier" on the team and has just really had a star crossed career in some ways.  I will likely want to make time to watch the documentary.

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

Documentary to feature Alex Smith's leg injury.

The article I linked to didn't include the actual picture, but there's a link to an image of his leg four days post surgery.  :stillsick:  I had read that he was dangerously close to losing his leg, but seeing that image really drove home how lucky the man is to have both feet right now.  I've always really liked Alex Smith, he's the consummate "good soldier" on the team and has just really had a star crossed career in some ways.  I will likely want to make time to watch the documentary.

That is horrifying.  His injury was bad enough, but the sort of infections that he picked up in the hospital are truly terrifying.

3 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Bengals are releasing Andy Dalton per Adam Schefter. Wish we could have got something for him, but I guess the market just wasn’t there. Oh well. Bet he ends up in JAX with Jay Gruden. 

And somewhere on Nantucket, in a shabbily apportioned room, a dog climbs back into a chair in front of a laptop.

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

And somewhere on Nantucket, in a shabbily apportioned room, a dog climbs back into a chair in front of a laptop.

Andy Dalton is gonna get the Patriots to the AFC Championship game, isn't he? :bang::bawl:

1 minute ago, Nictarion said:

Pats don’t have the cap room for Dalton without cutting someone, or restructuring some deals. Unless he plays for Jameis Winston money...

Now Dalton and Cam have to out limbo each other for a starting gig. How low can your salary go?

Hoodie's got 'em right were he wants 'em.

1 hour ago, Trebla said:

Andy Dalton is gonna get the Patriots to the AFC Championship game, isn't he? :bang::bawl:

The AFC East is not out of reach for the Brady-less Pats, but KC and Baltimore are definitely better bets for the top two seeds. Maybe Indy, Pittsburgh, and Tennessee too.

Anyone saying that NE will even win 10 games this year is placing all of their faith in Belichick.  That roster is average at best.  The defense is good, but not particularly young and lost some talent.  Easy to imagine regression there.  The offense is one of the least talented in the league and nobody knows who the quarterback will be.  Sure the AFC East is weak, so maybe they could sneak into the WC round with some luck, but it is hard to see how this team beats anybody in the playoffs. 

Watched Alex Smith Project 11 this morning.  Jt was fantastic.  Takes a bit of a look at his career and a long look at his recovery.  It is not for those with a weak stomach.  Fantastic piece and just absolutely amazing that people are talking the possibility of him returning with a straight face.  When it shows a picture of what was left of his leg post infection and 7 debridement surgeries, it’s incredible that he even has a leg.

I highly recommend it.

Archived