NFL 2020: Please Don't Be Fetch

Mr. Chatywin et al.

10 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Passing on Burrow would be insanely stupid. We just spent a ton of money upgrading the defense, we’re a QB and a couple o-linemen away from competing again. 

Man, your team sucks. Imagine flipping that pick for a ton of draft value. I know we've joked around about this before, but I really think this QB class is going to be random as fuck. Why not drop back a few spots to get two more firsts, then flip those into a lot of second and third round picks? 

Like this is the perfect year to try something like that. If it's not there take Burrow, or be wild and take Young, but I mean if the offer is there, you have to really consider it. If Miami offers you the 5th, an additional first rounder this year and next, plus like a second this year, maybe some more late picks, you've got to strongly think about it. If you can get a haul, take it. 

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Man, your team sucks. Imagine flipping that pick for a ton of draft value. I know we've joked around about this before, but I really think this QB class is going to be random as fuck. Why not drop back a few spots to get two more firsts, then flip those into a lot of second and third round picks? 

Like this is the perfect year to try something like that. If it's not there take Burrow, or be wild and take Young, but I mean if the offer is there, you have to really consider it. If Miami offers you the 5th, an additional first rounder this year and next, plus like a second this year, maybe some more late picks, you've got to strongly think about it. If you can get a haul, take it. 

The 9ers went from 4-12 to the Super Bowl. Partly because of Jimmy G. Things can change very quickly in the NFL. Especially when you add (or get back) a good QB. And the Bengals are not nearly as far off as you think. They had really bad luck with injuries last season. First AJ Green went down in camp, then our 1st round LT missed the entire season, resulting in us starting 5 different guys at the position. Some of it was on Zac Taylor, who was not good at all in his first year as HC, especially as a play caller, but one of the main reasons we were so bad was the run defense. The addition of a top NT in DJ Reader is going to be a huge help in that regard. Geno Atkins will be seeing a lot less double teams now with Reader next to him. We also pretty much revamped our secondary with 3 new DB’s.

I’m not passing on the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck for a couple extra picks. Especially after we had such a big FA. There is nothing more valuable in the NFL right now than a good young QB on a rookie contract. 

18 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

The 9ers went from 4-12 to the Super Bowl. Partly because of Jimmy G. Things can change very quickly in the NFL. Especially when you add (or get back) a good QB. And the Bengals are not nearly as far off as you think. They had really bad luck with injuries last season. First AJ Green went down in camp, then our 1st round LT missed the entire season, resulting in us starting 5 different guys at the position. Some of it was on Zac Taylor, who was not good at all in his first year as HC, especially as a play caller, but one of the main reasons we were so bad was the run defense. The addition of a top NT in DJ Reader is going to be a huge help in that regard. Geno Atkins will be seeing a lot less double teams now with Reader next to him. We also pretty much revamped our secondary with 3 new DB’s.

I’m not passing on the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck for a couple extra picks. Especially after we had such a big FA. There is nothing more valuable in the NFL right now than a good young QB on a rookie contract. 

1. You don't have an amazing d-line that masked some other problems.

2. You do not have possibly the most innovative running attack in the game, talent be damned.

3. Burrow probably isn't even the number one pick if Tua is healthy.

4. Florence Pugh is not walking through that door.

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

1. You don't have an amazing d-line that masked some other problems.

2. You do not have possibly the most innovative running attack in the game, talent be damned.

3. Burrow probably isn't even the number one pick if Tua is healthy.

4. Florence Pugh is not walking through that door.

I disagree with #3. It would at the very least be a really tough choice. Burrow just had the best season a college QB has ever had. He beat 7 top 10 teams, 60 TD to only 6 INT, 5671 yds, completed 76.3% of his passes, and absolutely destroyed the #1 defense in the country during the NCG. He’s also got the prototypical NFL QB size that Tua lacks. 

But tbh I’m pretty sick of the “if Tua was healthy” narrative. He’s not. Guy has been injured every season of his career. Which makes him far less of a prospect than Burrow. 

40 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Anyway...how many CB’s you guys taking next week, Ty? :P

Between your CB’s and a WR to replace Diggs, you guys are going to have to draft for needs a lot more than BPA it would seem.

Bengals fan talking shit about Cornerback drafting? Like 6 years in a row they took Dre Kirkpatrick at 23.

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

I disagree with #3. It would at the very least be a really tough choice. Burrow just had the best season a college QB has ever had. He beat 7 top 10 teams, 60 TD to only 6 INT, 5671 yds, completed 76.3% of his passes, and absolutely destroyed the #1 defense in the country during the NCG. He’s also got the prototypical NFL QB size that Tua lacks. 

But tbh I’m pretty sick of the “if Tua was healthy” narrative. He’s not. Guy has been injured every season of his career. Which makes him far less of a prospect than Burrow. 

Both played with an insane amount of talent around them. Who looked like they needed them less? I really am not trying to take shots at Burrow. I like him, but it was Tua who when you first saw him was like fuck me, he's great. 

Maybe Burrow wasn't a one year wonder. Maybe he does become an NFL great. But I think you do have to listen to trade offers, especially if you net multiple top 50 picks without falling back more than a few spots. There are a lot of QBs in the draft, and the only one we thought was a sure fire hit got his hip destroyed. 

52 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Anyway...how many CB’s you guys taking next week, Ty? :P

Between your CB’s and a WR to replace Diggs, you guys are going to have to draft for needs a lot more than BPA it would seem.

Maybe 36?

Doubt we take a WR in the first round though. OL and DB should be the picks.

10 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Bengals fan talking shit about Cornerback drafting? Like 6 years in a row they took Dre Kirkpatrick at 23.

Be nice, pretty eye'd meanie. They got to think of themselves as Tiger Kings for a minute. Before The Mist took them. 

5 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

This is so amazingly bad of a take I had to read twice to make sure that it wasnt stego making it. 

While it isnt a guarantee, three top picks are not equivalent to a good or great QB at a rookie contract for 4 years. There is probably no set of positions that are worth that. Certainly not on offense. And this is a team without a QB right now. 

Now I guess you could say that maybe burrow is worth the same as Tua+picks or Herbert + picks (fyi, I think herbert will be a bust), but Burrow is probably just better, and is certainly more dependable. 

7 hours ago, Kalbear said:

This is so amazingly bad of a take I had to read twice to make sure that it wasnt stego making it. 

While it isnt a guarantee, three top picks are not equivalent to a good or great QB at a rookie contract for 4 years. There is probably no set of positions that are worth that. Certainly not on offense. And this is a team without a QB right now. 

Now I guess you could say that maybe burrow is worth the same as Tua+picks or Herbert + picks (fyi, I think herbert will be a bust), but Burrow is probably just better, and is certainly more dependable. 

Er, no. The Bengals are bad. They need a lot of help, and Burrow is far from a can't miss QB. I'm not saying you give him away, but when your team needs so much help, you should listen to offers, especially if he might not even be the best QB in the class. 

Im in the same camp that isn't sold on Herbert. I'd rather take Love that Herbert.

On Burrow, if I could get Miami's 5 plus 1st this year 18, plus first next year and a 2 somewhere in there I think I take it. But then again I'm not in the NFL and I'm an idiot behind a keyboard for a reason!

Also, if I am Miami I don't do that because I think Tua is better and may get him at 5 and keep all those draft picks.

7 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Im in the same camp that isn't sold on Herbert. I'd rather take Love that Herbert.

On Burrow, if I could get Miami's 5 plus 1st this year 18, plus first next year and a 2 somewhere in there I think I take it. But then again I'm not in the NFL and I'm an idiot behind a keyboard for a reason!

Also, if I am Miami I don't do that because I think Tua is better and may get him at 5 and keep all those draft picks.

Dude, the overwhelming majority of these front office guys are idiots. A few of knew brain trust guys, while brilliant, are also morons in some regards because they don't have the ability to really connect with another person. 

Very few actors actually bring much to the table that's not replaceable. 

15 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Er, no. The Bengals are bad. They need a lot of help, and Burrow is far from a can't miss QB. I'm not saying you give him away, but when your team needs so much help, you should listen to offers, especially if he might not even be the best QB in the class. 

I’ve already pointed out to you that they just had a huge FA where they spent 130 million dollars. That’s the 3rd most of any team in the league. You do all that when you’re about to have a QB on a rookie contract. Even after cutting (or trading) Andy Dalton we are going to be right up against the cap. We wouldn’t even be able to sign a ton of extra draft picks. As far as can’t miss QB’s? There’s no such thing as a can’t miss pick at any position, but Burrow is the closest thing since Luck. There’s no character issues, or off the field problems there. In fact, quite the opposite. Go watch the kid’s Heisman speech. And he clearly showed he can play at an insanely high level, even against the best competition.

Jordan Love could end up being the best QB in the class for all we know. I certainly don’t think so, but it’s all speculation at this point. Right now, after the phenomenal season Burrow just had, he’s far and away the best prospect. All these if’s and but’s about Tua are silly. One of the most important factors for any player in availability, especially a QB. And Tua has never even made it through an entire college season fully healthy. I see no reason to believe it will be any better at the NFL level where guys are even bigger and faster. His main problem is he thinks he’s much more elusive than he actually is. He thinks he’s Russell Wilson. He’s not. 

And as I've pointed out to you before, he got beat out by what appears to be a bust, had one good season, and he did it while being on an extremely talented team throwing to guys who were butt naked open. 

Think your team can replicate that?

You did sign what we let walk, though.....

3 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I love this idea that the Bengals (fans) think they're a real team. They're not. Enjoy Carson Palmer 2.

Oh please. Andy fucking Dalton took this team to 5 straight playoffs. Joe Burrow’s ceiling is obviously much higher than that. KC wasn’t a “real team” either until Mahomes. In fact, they were very similar to the Bengals in that had a bunch of good regular seasons, but would choke in the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

And as I've pointed out to you before, he got beat out by what appears to be a bust, had one good season, and he did it while being on an extremely talented team throwing to guys who were butt naked open. 

Think your team can replicate that?

You did sign what we let walk, though.....

He got beat out by Haskins because he broke his wrist at OSU. And labeling Haskins a bust after 7 starts on a bad team is ridiculous. 

Also, it’s wasn’t a “good” season, it was a record breaking phenomenal season. You’re really showing how little you actually watched LSU if you think he was throwing to wide open guys all year. He had the best tight window accuracy of any QB. It’s literally his biggest attribute. It’s really weird to me that it’s not a knock against Tua that he was throwing to two 1st round WR’s in Jerry Juedy and Henry Ruggs, but apparently it was all Burrow’s WR’s and not the other way around. Can the Bengals replicate that? Idk, we have one of the best WR tandems in the league with AJ Green (granted he has to stay healthy) and Tyler Boyd.

As far as signing your DB’s, talk about sour grapes. :lol:

37 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Oh please. Andy fucking Dalton took this team to 5 straight playoffs. Joe Burrow’s ceiling is obviously much higher than that. KC wasn’t a “real team” either until Mahomes. In fact, they were very similar to the Bengals in that had a bunch of good regular seasons, but would choke in the playoffs. 

What a delusion you live under. Tell me, is the Earth round in your fantasy land?

That team Andy was carried by? Gone, long gone. The roster the team has now was so bad that it got Andy run out of town as soon as Mike Brown figures out how not to pay him, or worse they're going to make him stay because nobody will give up a pick.

The Bengals were worse than a team trying to lose. There's no secret reservoir of talent hitherto unplumbed on the Bengals. They have a decent RB, an abysmal line, a rookie QB, and the biggest WR bust since Radius Heyward-Bey. A.J. Green is also running out the string at 31 years old, so I guess there's that.

To even cite turnarounds by the 49ers is on-its-face ridiculous. You have to know that. The 49ers have like the best playcaller in football! Same with KC, they ALSO have like the best playcaller in football. They're not remotely comparable to the Bengals, not an iota! And you're acting like the Tiger Cats are one piece away. They haven't been a .500 team in half a decade! Patrick Mahomes wasn't even a draft concept the last time Cincy was more than dogshit.

I mean it's one thing to believe in your team's fortunes but the 49ers and Chiefs have two of football's greatest minds running the show. Cincy has Jared Goff's lotion warmer making $7.25 an hour on a twenty year contract. Keep Andy Reid's name out your sky chilli mouth. 

30 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

He got beat out by Haskins because he broke his wrist at OSU. And labeling Haskins a bust after 7 starts on a bad team is ridiculous. 

Also, it’s wasn’t a “good” season, it was a record breaking phenomenal season. You’re really showing how little you actually watched LSU if you think he was throwing to wide open guys all year. He had the best tight window accuracy of any QB. It’s literally his biggest attribute. It’s really weird to me that it’s not a knock against Tua that he was throwing to two 1st round WR’s in Jerry Juedy and Henry Ruggs, but apparently it was all Burrow’s WR’s and not the other way around. Can the Bengals replicate that? Idk, we have one of the best WR tandems in the league with AJ Green (granted he has to stay healthy) and Tyler Boyd.

As far as signing your DB’s, talk about sour grapes. :lol:

You need a :grouphug:

Okay, I'm being a bit mean.

Both got to play with talent. But when you watched Tua throw the ball, you saw something unique. Just sayin'

8 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

What a delusion you live under. Tell me, is the Earth round in your fantasy land?

That team Andy was carried by? Gone, long gone. The roster the team has now was so bad that it got Andy run out of town as soon as Mike Brown figures out how not to pay him, or worse they're going to make him stay because nobody will give up a pick.

The Bengals were worse than a team trying to lose. There's no secret reservoir of talent hitherto unplumbed on the Bengals. They have a decent RB, and abysmal line, a rookie QB, and the biggest WR bust since Radius Heyward-Bey. A.J. Green is also running out the string at 31 years old, so I guess there's that.

To even cite turnarounds by the 49ers is on-its-face ridiculous. You have to know that. The 49ers have like the best playcaller in football! Same with KC, they ALSO have like the best playcaller in football. They're not remotely comparable to the Bengals, not an iota! And you're acting like the Tiger Cats are one piece away. They haven't been a .500 team in half a decade! Patrick Mahomes wasn't even a draft concept the last time Cincy was more than dogshit.

I mean it's one thing to believe in your team's fortunes but the 49ers and Chiefs have two of football's greatest minds running the show. Cincy has Jared Goff's lotion warmer making $7.25 an hour on a twenty year contract. Keep Andy Reid's name out your sky chilli mouth. 

This is why you're sexy like a hurricane. :P

:pimp:

10 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

You need a :grouphug:

Okay, I'm being a bit mean.

Both got to play with talent. But when you watched Tua throw the ball, you saw something unique. Just sayin'

There are people, just WALKING AROUND AMONG US, who looked at Lamarr Jackson and saw something to be 'fixed'. 

Archived