US Politics: Mad Max Beyond Corona Dome

Tywin Manderly

28 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

Rand Paul, first senate member with confirmed Coronavirus.

I'll hold back my impulsive comments like "it couldn't have happened to a better guy." Or, "Why are you getting tested with no symptoms when millions of Americans have symptoms and can't get tested?" Or, some other stuff about stupid libertarians. 

Not to mention that he took a test "in an abundance of caution" but rather than self-quarantine himself, he went to lunch with colleagues and continued to use the Senate gym/pool. So much for "an abundance of caution".

4 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Not to mention that he took a test "in an abundance of caution" but rather than self-quarantine himself, he went to lunch with colleagues and continued to use the Senate gym/pool. So much for "an abundance of caution".

Remember the guy on the Jet Blue flight to Florida who caused an uproar because upon landing he saw a message he tested positive? How outraged folks were? The guy had a face mask on and wore gloves.

3 minutes ago, Ghjhero said:

It looks as though the procedural vote to end cloture has failed in the Senate. Can someone explain the significance of this to me and why it isn’t going to pass/what needs to change for the next bill to do so?

It means the markets are going to tank again tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, Ghjhero said:

It looks as though the procedural vote to end cloture has failed in the Senate. Can someone explain the significance of this to me and why it isn’t going to pass/what needs to change for the next bill to do so?

Not be written by Republicans or else there should be no discussions of any kind. In fact, Republicans shouldn't be in the same state where the bill is written.

12 minutes ago, Ghjhero said:

Democrats have voiced various objections to the Republican/Senate package:

Democrats, for their part, continued to push for stronger protections for workers and raised alarms about the scope of some funding levels and programs. Among the concerns, according to Democratic aides, was the size of a Treasury Department fund and the discretion Mr. Mnuchin and his lieutenants would have to decide who would receive those funds, as well as how quickly the administration would have to disclose loans or loan guarantees made to companies and industries.

Democrats have also voiced concerns that the bill does not contain enough barriers to prevent industries from laying off their work forces after receiving federal funds, and are pushing for giving grants instead of loans to airlines.

Will Typhoid Rand cost Republicans their Senate Majority?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/03/22/covid-19-updates-senate-expected-vote-coronavirus-aid/2894053001/

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., left the Capitol on Sunday morning after learning he had tested positive for COVID-19. Within hours, two other GOP senators – Mike Lee and Mitt Romney, both of Utah – said they would self-quarantine because of their contacts with Paul.

Republicans hold 53 Senate seats, while Democrats hold 45. The Senate has two Independents, both of whom caucus with the Democrats.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said the virus "has arrived" in the Senate and notes that at least 5 senators are in quarantine.

No other senator has tested positive for the virus besides Paul. But before the Kentucky Republican’s disclosure on Sunday, several other GOP senators had gone into isolation because of possible exposure to the virus, including Sens. Rick Scott of Florida and Cory Gardner of Colorado.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Watch these wolves. 

Dude, you already decimated their family and stole their sword, is it really necessary to add insult to injury by comparing the Starks to the friggen Republican party?  That's low, even for you.

11 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Our President is Simple Jack. 

Nonsense.  Simple Jack had a heart of gold.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

We're going to hear a shocking number in this package, and it won't help those most in need. Watch these wolves. 

Agreed with what DMC said, quit insulting the poor Wolves with this comparison, a better term for the Senate may be something from the reptile family.

"Watch these snakes", for instance?

There are historians, who among themselves, after long years of research and study into this greatest nation, call it "the United Snakes."

I haven't learned what others in the 1st C BC and 2nd C CE called Rome.  I have read a lot of terms, but nothing fairly universally recognized.

25 minutes ago, DMC said:

Dude, you already decimated their family and stole their sword, is it really necessary to add insult to injury by comparing the Starks to the friggen Republican party?  That's low, even for you.

When they go low, Lannisters go lower.

I made good chicken tacos for everyone though. Even put some bacon on that shit.

Nonsense.  Simple Jack had a heart of gold.

But does he have Les Grossman's dance moves? 

36 minutes ago, DMC said:

Even the Night's King doesn't deserve to be compared to the Republican Party.

I would be managing my emotions a lot better through this crisis, if the behavior of our federal government, particularly the president was inducing spasms of rage several times a day.   

Archived