US Politics: Mad Max Beyond Corona Dome

Tywin Manderly

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

In line with what @Fury Resurrected said yesterday, it's shocking MN is behind you guys given what's going on here. There needs to be a shut down, and fuck the assholes that are calling their work essential because they just want to stay open.

You're so adorable when you're panicked.

54 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Michigan has a "stay home, stay safe" in effect, so I am hunkering down for the long haul. Although our glorious leader probably wants us back at work by early April.

Speaking of Trump, why is his approval rating so high? He's done nothing but botch this response from beginning to end. No joke, it really makes me despair for the US,

Most people don't have the knowledge or confidence to assess what a good or bad response to this actually looks like, for a start (barring perhaps a few obviously insane ideas). And many people want the psychological comfort of believing that the people in charge know what they're doing. As time goes on, I'd expect that to wear away. Someone whose sickly relative just died may well be looking for someone to blame, and that'll make them more inclined to be critical of the current administration.

3 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

You're so adorable when you're panicked.

Panicked? I'm as calm as a cucumber. Plus I'm starting to see more and more people worry about supply lines like I wasn't talking about that shit a week ago. :lmao:

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Panicked? I'm as calm as a cucumber. Plus I'm starting to see more and more people worry about supply lines like I wasn't talking about that shit a week ago. :lmao:

Osmosis can be a powerful agent to the uninitiated.

Awake to the official declaration from Them, which we knew they believed all along, but are now pushing in public including the Fnoose, that the old must die for the sake of the economy. They're going full bore indoctrination of the base on this.

As I'd been hearing, there is no federal manufacturing act action because big biz doesn't want it.

This is Capitalism in it's most distilled purity,  literally powered by blood.

No more shut downs and closures! Reopen everything! and the markets will recover and we old rich people will be fine -- and REELECTED + we get all that stuff that the old people had like Social Security funds.

Letting old people die doesn’t mean US OLD PEOPLE. WE ARE THE ECONOMY.  So, then, Fat Old Rich People are The Economy, for whom it is natural and fitting than anyone else die for the sake of preserving and expanding your wealth.  Good business sense. Government is business,

Surely all old people are willing to sacrifice themselves for their grandchildren. I wonder if sis, who is so gratified that her children and grandchildren love her so much, thinks her children and grandchildren are willing to let her die now for the sake of future wealth for the wealthy? Wouldn't that be a kick in the head, as they like to say out there?

This straight up Death Cult.

In another couple weeks see anyone over 55, 60 70, rounded up for the gas chambers, because that’s a lot quicker and efficient and that will get the markets booming again all that much faster. As They Say, baby steps. First They came for ....

27 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Osmosis can be a powerful agent to the uninitiated.

Strike that. If I am panicked, it's because of what I just had to do. I get a haircut every six to eight weeks, 2 fade on the side while keeping it long on top so I can style it a few ways. My latest cut was supposed to be last week, but everything is shut down. Noticed after the shower that my bangs are at my eyes now. I am not built to cut my own hair, I'll probably stab myself in the eye if I have to do this a few more times.....

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Strike that. If I am panicked, it's because of what I just had to do. I get a haircut every six to eight weeks, 2 fade on the side while keeping it long on top so I can style it a few ways. My latest cut was supposed to be last week, but everything is shut down. Noticed after the shower that my bangs are at my eyes now. I am not built to cut my own hair, I'll probably stab myself in the eye if I have to do this a few more times.....

I live in China, I was due for a haircut when this all started and I usually keep my hair pretty short. It's been two and a half months since the barber shops were open. I heard a rumor they'd open today and maybe some have but the ones' I know haven't. So I'm still rocking a John Denver look. 

5 minutes ago, Darzin said:

I live in China, I was due for a haircut when this all started and I usually keep my hair pretty short. It's been two and a half months since the barber shops were open. I heard a rumor they'd open today and maybe some have but the ones' I know haven't. So I'm still rocking a John Denver look. 

Yeah, at that point I'd have to decide whether to use my mansacping clippers or just go buy a new pair and buzz it off.  

So on Friday I said that if McConnell could pull off a pass bipartisan deal over a weekend, it'd be an astounding legislative accomplishment. Well, its Tuesday morning and it looks like a massive bipartisan deal is imminent. However, its not McConnell that deserves credit for this (assuming things don't blow up), its Steve Mnuchin. 

First he negotiated the massive Phase 2 bill (which is law now, so that one's set) with Pelosi and now he's negotiated the massive Phase 3 bill with Schumer. Who knew that this guy would actually be good at his job?

Also, the rumor back at the start of the Trump administration was that Mnuchin, Tillerson, and Mattis (and maybe Kelly when he still at DHS) had a pact to stand with each other and try their best to block Trump's worst impulses. Now they're all gone, except Mnuchin; who at the time had always seemed like the odd choice to part of any secret pack. And Mnuchin is the Treasury Secretary; he looks after the nation's funds.

What I'm saying is, is Mnuchin Littlefinger?

These may be the end times.  Got an email this weekend from the NRA praising Connecticut Governor Ned Lamont for including gun stores under the essential business category allowed to remain open, and not using a viral infection as a pretext to crap on 2A rights.

Got to say, pragmatic on Lamont's part to side step that fight.  I'm not filled with praise for him in general, let's say.  Now if facebook posts are to be believed there isn't much supply left in CT gun stores anyway, but credit where due, he seems to be putting dealing with the actual epidemic front and center ahead of his regular wish list and avoiding distractions.  If he doesn't try to put tolls back on the legislative agenda in the next several months I'll be doubly surprised!

1 minute ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

They're letting McConnell talk on the Senate floor again right now and I really wish there were some people shouting him down right now as he spews his words...

I turned it on for about 5 seconds and had to turn it off when he started pretending to care about healthcare workers.

29 minutes ago, Fez said:

Who knew that this guy would actually be good at his job?

I tend to avoid taking shots at people’s looks given that I got dealt a good hand, but dude, look at him and then look at his wife. He has to be good at something, and I’m going to guess it’s not between the sheets.

23 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

These may be the end times.  Got an email this weekend from the NRA praising Connecticut Governor Ned Lamont for including gun stores under the essential business category allowed to remain open, and not using a viral infection as a pretext to crap on 2A rights.

Any end of the world scenario is a bad moment to try and limit 2A rights.

I mean, what if the people having died from Covid-19 come back, uh? We wouldn't want Americans to be in the midst of the zombiecalypse without guns.

36 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

Yeah, I'd feel terrible if libertarians couldn't walk around with a gun, letting everyone know they are a gun owner. Without that gun, they might be in serious jeopardy of being a certified dork.

14 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Big fan of the Mnuchin as Littlefinger theory.  

I also recall that so-called suicide pact and lament that it's probably dead today if it ever existed.  I would think that the cabinet members would have more cause and more cover to remove The Great Ruiner now than ever.

@Tywin et al. - Your humility is like an anchor in these turbulent times.  I am grateful for you.  

I learned at Jacelyn’s bosom.  

Archived