US Politics: Mad Max Beyond Corona Dome

Tywin Manderly

I realize it is counter productive, but I really need yo see a more mold fashioned way of debate going on in the House and Senate...To see some of the other senators pushing back in real time when Mitch stands at his podium and just doesn't speak any truths, like you'd see in the movies (knowing that's Hollywood relaity).  Just some proper arguments and call outs.  Even if it isn't productive or proper decorum.  Let's see a little pushback.

Same with the press and these so called update press conferences.  Push on follow up questions. Ask questions to any experts up there and not the orange one.

20 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I realize it is counter productive, but I really need yo see a more mold fashioned way of debate going on in the House and Senate...To see some of the other senators pushing back in real time when Mitch stands at his podium and just doesn't speak any truths, like you'd see in the movies (knowing that's Hollywood relaity).  Just some proper arguments and call outs.  Even if it isn't productive or proper decorum.  Let's see a little pushback.

Same with the press and these so called update press conferences.  Push on follow up questions. Ask questions to any experts up there and not the orange one.

Something like this, but at congressional level? I approve.

So here's some info on "the pork" in the Pelosi bill from the most right-wing source you can think of. 

N°3 will truly shock you. Prepare to be shocked ! Those damned Democrats will ruin America ! 

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/23/nancy-pelosi-proposes-1120-page-coronavirus-bill-stuffed-with-pork/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2KlKQYrnLyaNo-LWMQOMkeEp2L_DBreLYhr95drK3_dXx0dJScS1JjEHc&fbclid=IwAR18gx0y6DXEuv3qFlH-TOXSEDA4_VXGv_CFrYmOFEW8zRZwSYLUwXin1VM

7 minutes ago, Rippounet said:

So here's some info on "the pork" in the Pelosi bill from the most right-wing source you can think of. 

That list looks like a pretty standard Democrat agenda summary. I doubt she expects to get any of it as written; it's just the usual bargaining tactics. I think they all know that they've got around a week to do this, but not much more than that. A non-trivial fraction of the people who were just laid off from the non-essential businesses live paycheck-to-paycheck. At the moment, they still have money to buy food because they're not paying for rent and/or utilities (evictions and deactivation of water/electricity/etc. have been suspended), but at some point they'll simply run out of cash. Until then, Congress will play its favorite game of divvying up the loot and demanding provisions for each parties favored groups.

Rand Paul's office has released that he was tested on Monday, and got his results six days later.  Just to be absolutely sure, he would be contagious for that entire period, right?  Because if so, it seems almost certain we're going to have a LOT of infected senators. 

2 minutes ago, Triskele said:

It's being reported that Kushner is the one pushing to shorten the shutdown period.  :ack:

And also that Trump may not be able to tolerate Fauci contradicting him much longer but thinks that the public has faith in Fauci and so is torn on what to do with him.  

You wouldn’t dare accuse a slum lord of trying to get his rent payments, would you? The nerve of some monkeys…

2 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Rand Paul's office has released that he was tested on Monday, and got his results six days later.  Just to be absolutely sure, he would be contagious for that entire period, right?  Because if so, it seems almost certain we're going to have a LOT of infected senators. 

And of course it would be the selfish nitwit “libertarian” that got everyone sick.

Some doctor he must have been in his previous life.   

16 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

And of course it would be the selfish nitwit “libertarian” that got everyone sick.

Some doctor he must have been in his previous life.   

It's his own personal freedom to do so.

7 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

It's his own personal freedom to do so.

Stop coughing on me Jace, and would you please stop spitting on your palms and smearing it everywhere in public. That is NOT a freedumb you have!   

18 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Well, maybe he passed it on to his fellow Republican Senators. I mean, part of me is looking forward to Paul and McConnel competng for one one respirator.

Paul and McConnell social distanced long long before corona.

22 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Stop coughing on me Jace, and would you please stop spitting on your palms and smearing it everywhere in public. That is NOT a freedumb you have!   

As if I would behave so boorishly. If I wanted to sew mayhem I'd just start derailing commuter trains.

Rand Paul gives a somewhat surreal explanation for his actions - the degree of incompetence across the board is frightening: 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/paul-defends-actions-before-coronavirus-diagnosis-the-broader-the-testing-and-the-less-finger-pointing-we-have-the-better/ar-BB11AxZp?ocid=msnclassic

"For those who want to criticize me for lack of quarantine, realize that if the rules on testing had been followed to a tee, I would never have been tested and would still be walking around the halls of the Capitol," Paul said in a statement on Monday.

"The current guidelines would not have called for me to get tested nor quarantined," he added. "It was my extra precaution, out of concern for my damaged lung, that led me to get tested."

17 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

As if I would behave so boorishly. If I wanted to sew mayhem I'd just start derailing commuter trains.

I watched you rake your tongue against a pizza shop’s window like there were snozzberries on it or something.

You would think like a Gremlin though….

Archived