Theon's other thing

Alyn Oakenfist

So a lot of people (and the show) claim/think that Ramsay castrated Theon. In the books there are 2 bits of evidence for this, him mentioning that other thing he took (which might as well be just a bigger piece of skin from some other place, and then sent that to Asha) and the fact that Theon fears Ramsay will cut a lot of thing but never his willy. However I always found this suspicious, seeing as Theon never actually thinks about his willy (he think about his bloody fingers and toes and about Kyra constantly so if he was castrated you'd think he would think about that too) and that nobody seems to mention it. Sure Ramsay says he's not a man anymore but it\s always in the sense that he's not a human being not that he's not a male. Also I recently found this passage that seems to hint he still has it:

He wanted to hit her, to smash that mocking smile off her face. He wanted to kiss her, to fuck her right there on the table and make her cry his name. But he knew he dare not touch her, in anger or in lust.

At the end there it says that he dare not do it, not that he can't. That seems to suggest that he could have sex with her, just that he's too afraid. Make no mistake his psyche is so scarred that sex is probably off the table for a long time, but I don't think he's an eunuch. So what do you think?

4 hours ago, Travis said:

I think Goerge has written this in away (intentionally) so that if he should decide to go that route in the future, he can, or if he should decide to change his mind he can. All the while giving the reader the impression that he was castrated.

That's a pretty good idea, especially seeing as there is some proof for both sides of the argument.

Archived