What are you listening to 25 - Passing Emergency Love

Lykos

18 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Have you listened to The War on Drugs at all? They have some of the same vibe as Kurt Vile (he was a member at one point, so not too surprising). I Don't Live Here Anymore is their latest and it has some great driving around with the windows down vibes.

I love The War on Drugs, along with Lord Huron.  Both bands are constantly in rotation - great music!

I adore Kurt Vile because a lot of his songs sound like he's making them up on the spot...like he's just free-thinking aloud or something.  

so much mark lanegan. 

a kid in the 90s in the northwest i pegged (wrongly) for screaming trees to be one of the biggest bands from the scene and let the world know what was what. 

his subsequent solo/collaboration works were lovely. bubblegum is a favorite album always and forever. his gutter twins album with greg from afghan whigs became an inadvertent soundtrack of the end of my first marriage.

he's an artist I've seen several times over the years and always loved. totally bummed as shit for him to be gone. he became so prolific in the last several year and that voice is just so fucking massive and serious.

rip.

Not about what I'm currently listening too, but check out this fantastic article:

Is Old Music Killing New Music?

Old songs now represent 70 percent of the U.S. music market. Even worse: The new-music market is actually shrinking.

On 3/7/2022 at 10:55 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

What a treat, I'm hoping this means a mew album is coming. Looking at their website it seems likely

Edit: I was correct, new album 13th May. Also have another song

I haven't been on here much recently, but had to comment on My Love, it's such a great song, really looking forward to the new album!.

Also to add a new single that was released today that I'm inevitably going to fangirl over :P :

I saw them live in a very intimate venue at the end of January and this was my favourite song, can't wait for the album!.

Edited by Jen'ari

33 minutes ago, Jen'ari said:

I haven't been on here much recently, but had to comment on My Love, it's such a great song, really looking forward to the new album!.

Also to add a new single that was released today that I'm inevitably going to fangirl over :P :

I saw them live in a very intimate venue at the end of January and this was my favourite song, can't wait for the album!.

I tried to get tickets to her Newcastle intimate venue next month but the tickets are all gone :crying: Woe is me.

I agree, My Love is brilliant. I'm really enjoying this album so far, the music is very expressive and you can tell she was working out a lot of feelings while writing. 

Will be adding that to my playlist, thanks!