What are you listening to 25 - Passing Emergency Love

Lykos

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2023 at 1:01 PM, Lykos said:

I was inspired to make a little three song playlist.

Agnes Obel - The Curse

Jefferson Airplane -Rejoyce

Colin Stetson and Sarah Neufeld - The Rest of Us

I looove Agnes Obel. September Song just so happens to be one of my favorite piano pieces, if not songs, of all time. There are so many songs by her that I love! She's great.

Siamese Dream by Smashing Pumpkins. For me it’s one of those rare examples of albums with no single false note, no single filler track, just the meat, from beginning to end. Their Mellon Collie has several fantastic, phenomenal songs, but also quite a few fillers. This is not the case with Siamese Dream. I can’t think of many other albums I can say the same: that I wouldn’t change a second of it. Maybe Radiohead’s The Bends, maybe High Violet by The National, maybe Souvlaki by Slowdive. 

It’s a shame Billy Corgan was never able to find such creativity again. Come to think of it, it’s really strange that most greatest albums were written by their authors in their twenties, not forties or fifties, when they had so much more life experience. 

Another playlist:

Cat Power - Sea of Love

Agnes Obel - Run Cried the Crawling

Angel Olsen - Waving Smiling

First Aid Kit - Sailor Song (I linked this years ago, but I needed it for the autoharp)

Jason Isbel and the 400 Unit Amanda Shires -Cross Bones Style (Cat Power cover)

The last  one being my runner up for song of 2021, beaten by a hair by a song I linked to in the metal thread. the latter perfectly puts this painting that intrigued me for decades into music.

Jinjer - Sleep of the Righteous

What's Your song of 2022?  I draw blank for the past year - there have been great releases, but nothing has gripped me.

Edited by Lykos

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

I used to have a recurring dream set to that song where I'd wake up in a dark room to Grover from Sesame Street looming over me singing "hey now / hey noooow / don't screeeaaaam it's Grooover"

Now you sorta made me want to write Sesame Street/Muppets version of Silence of the Lambs.

News paper. Unknown assailant abducts forth. Elmo is on his way home, suddenly somebody/something puts a cloth bag over him and drags him into a van.

Next scene, Elmo tied to a chair, bag still over his head. Somebody pulls of the bag...

And now we come to your musical number.

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger

Silly little song and a classic at that.

Rough translation of the lyrics.

to steal cop cars and smash up the city center.

(to) steal cop cars and smash up the city center, we want to steal cop cars and smash up the city center, steal cop cars and smash up the city center, steal cop cars and smash up the city center.

It's Friday night, and we walk through the city, always towards the Reeperbahn time's is running out. We want to meet some pals, the way is way too far and we can't walk straight we're way too wasted. WHERE DO WE WANT TO GO? TO THE REEPERBAHN? WHAT DO WE WANT TO DO? DRIVE COP CARS! WHERE DO WE WANT TO GO? TO THE REEPERBAHN! WHAT DO WE WANT TO DO? DRIVE COP CARS! WE DO HAVE A PLAN!

Now it's saturday noon, and the hangover is still there. Have just woken up, guess where I went? They were not too polite. Nothing really happend, and tonight we will be back on tour. WHERE DO WE WANT TO GO? TO THE REEPERBAHN! WHAT DO WE WANT TO DO? DRIVE COP CARS! WHERE DO WE WANT TO GO? TO THE REEPERBAHN! WHAT DO WE WANT TO DO? DRIVE COP CARS!

Now it's  Sunday morning in the 16th precinct, the pants smell like puke, the shirt still wet by beer. Finnaly they chase us off, to the B.U.S. today we is an away game we travel with the G.A.S. 

WHERE DO WE WANT TO GO? ON TO THE AUTOBAHN! WHAT DO WE WANT TO DO? WE HAVE A PLAN! WHERE DO WE WANT TO GO? ON TO THE AUTOBAHN! WHAT DO WE WANT TO DO? WE HAVE A PLAN!

Steal cop cars and smash the city center. We want to steal cop cars and smash the city center. Steal cop cars and smash the city center. We want to steal cop cars and smash the city center. Steal cop cars and smash the city center. We want to steal cop cars and smash the city center. Steal cop cars and smash the city center. We want to steal cop cars and smash the city center.

STEAL COP CARS! OI!

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger

• 2 weeks later...