(Theory) What would have happened after the end

Alyn Oakenfist

In Essos after news arrive of Dany's death Yunkai and Astapor take up slaving again and promptly sack Mereen. The unsullied all die on Naath. Jon Snow disappears after going beyond the Wall in the middle of the worst winter in recent memory. The North now independent with no workers, and no food stocks starves. Soon after a popular and noble revolt Sansa Bolton is overthrown and killed. Seeing as Jon is also dead, the North no longer has a Stark and as such they choose a new king among themselves. Arya dies of hunger out at sea. Seeing as Jon is dead the entire Dothraki population commits suicide seeing as they were Dany's bloodriders. In the Reach the nobles go to war against Bronn, and soon overthrow him, and then proceed to proclaim independence. Both Tyrion and Gendry are killed when they go and try to claim their castles, one for being a bastard that doesn't even know how to read or write, and the other for being a kinslayer and a kingslayer. Martyn Lannister becomes the new King of the Rock, while a Stormlord becomes the new Storm King. Without any food, the remaining population of KL rebels and kills Bran. In the following Great council the Iron Throne is officially dissolved. The Crownlands are split between the Stormlands and the kingdom of the Trident. At the end the decisions made at the 4th Great Council were all undone and the Throne disappears. As a result of all the destruction as well as the splitting of the Realm Westeros descends into a dark age of constant war, hunger and poverty. Eventually they are colonized by the Free Cities. Thanks for indulging in my theory, I really felt the need to put this out there just as another way of showing how stupid the ending was.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2020 at 4:16 PM, Alyn Oakenfist said:

In Essos after news arrive of Dany's death Yunkai and Astapor take up slaving again and promptly sack Mereen. The unsullied all die on Naath. Jon Snow disappears after going beyond the Wall in the middle of the worst winter in recent memory. The North now independent with no workers, and no food stocks starves. Soon after a popular and noble revolt Sansa Bolton is overthrown and killed. Seeing as Jon is also dead, the North no longer has a Stark and as such they choose a new king among themselves. Arya dies of hunger out at sea. Seeing as Jon is dead the entire Dothraki population commits suicide seeing as they were Dany's bloodriders. In the Reach the nobles go to war against Bronn, and soon overthrow him, and then proceed to proclaim independence. Both Tyrion and Gendry are killed when they go and try to claim their castles, one for being a bastard that doesn't even know how to read or write, and the other for being a kinslayer and a kingslayer. Martyn Lannister becomes the new King of the Rock, while a Stormlord becomes the new Storm King. Without any food, the remaining population of KL rebels and kills Bran. In the following Great council the Iron Throne is officially dissolved. The Crownlands are split between the Stormlands and the kingdom of the Trident. At the end the decisions made at the 4th Great Council were all undone and the Throne disappears. As a result of all the destruction as well as the splitting of the Realm Westeros descends into a dark age of constant war, hunger and poverty. Eventually they are colonized by the Free Cities. Thanks for indulging in my theory, I really felt the need to put this out there just as another way of showing how stupid the ending was.

Perfect.  Although I'm not sure if the Dothraki would have kill themselves but everything else is exactly what will happen.

Oh and the masters of the Citadel send a faceless man to kill Sam as punishment for insulting their order by deserting them, and wearing a chain and being appointed grand maester with no qualifications.

13 minutes ago, Ghostlydragon said:

Perfect.  Although I'm not sure if the Dothraki would have kill themselves but everything else is exactly what will happen.

Oh and the masters of the Citadel send a faceless man to kill Sam as punishment for insulting their order by deserting them, and wearing a chain and being appointed grand maester with no qualifications.

I’m surprised that Sam went back to them in the first place, considering that he abandoned them back in Season 7 (I guess D&D forgot their own plot... again).

25 minutes ago, Ghostlydragon said:

being appointed grand maester with no qualifications.

Also more then likely for being named grand maester despite not being a maester and not being named by the Conclave. All in all desecrating everything the Citadel stands for. Pretty sure they'd order a hit on Bran too seeing as he'd be the first King ever, I think, not to accept a grand maester from the Citadel.

10 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

I’m surprised that Sam went back to them in the first place, considering that he abandoned them back in Season 7 (I guess D&D forgot their own plot... again).

It made sense to us because we wanted it to happen intensifies

Just like Pod the Rod in the KG, it's stupid, forgetting everything about the characters, made only in the name of fan service.

2 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Also more then likely for being named grand maester despite not being a maester, not being named by the Conclave, and creating a fake chain just to look better. All in all desecrating everything the Citadel stands for. Pretty sure they'd buy one for Bran too seeing as he'd be the first King, I think, not to accept a grand maester from the Citadel.

Just like Pod the Rod in the KG, it's stupid, forgetting everything about the characters, made only in the name of fan service.

I doubt he even went back. Bran probably just appointed him since they are best friends now (after sharing one scene in season 7 of course), and doesn't care that the maesters will see it as a huge insult to their order.

8 minutes ago, Ghostlydragon said:

I doubt he even went back. Bran probably just appointed him since they are best friends now (after sharing one scene in season 7 of course), and doesn't care that the maesters will see it as a huge insult to their order.

Exactly. So he was appointed grandmaester despite:

- Not being a maester

- Not being elected by the Conclave

- Being a member of the bloody Nights Watch, that still exists mind you, and therefore not being allowed to interfere in the afairs of the realm (like I dunno being part of the small council)

Bonus points for creating a fake chain, adding salt to injury and desecrating the Citatel's most famous calling card.

Yeah the Citadel would be at least pissed at this horrific disregard to it's values, traditions and rights. Really curious how Bran expects to send any orders to his vassals given that all raven are controlled by the maesters, aka the Citadel, which will want him out ASAP, in order to have a new, saner King. Fortunately, he won't live long enough to be affected by the maesters.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2020 at 12:29 PM, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Seems to be the case.

Though if I was going for fan service, I would have gone with having Pod marry Sansa.

12 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

I would have gone with having Pod marry Sansa

You forget that Sansa alongside Arya is the ultimate girlboss. We can't have her marry some guy so much weaker then her. She is too strong and jaded to do something that would demean her like this.

15 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

You forget that Sansa alongside Arya is the ultimate girlboss. We can't have her marry some guy so much weaker then her. She is too strong and jaded to do something that would demean her like this.

What makes a girlboss? And why would someone like Podrick demean her?

2 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

What makes a girlboss? And why would someone like Podrick demean her?

An overpowered female character who does everything to show how awesome she is despite faults, not needing any help and constantly beating better and more experience persons. It's basically a less innocent version of a Mary Sue with a lot more ego stroking added in. Or so I've seen the term used. Urban dictionary suggests it doesn't mean that, so I dunno. Picked the term form Lindsay Ellis, it's a really nice youtube channel about movies, really worth checking out, especially the part about GOT.

Archived