Will We Stand The Corona Test of Time? - Covid #7

Tywin Manderly

I also don't have water right now.

However in my case it is to repair a leak to the apartment building so severe that it apparently couldn't be put off. The upshot is, I'm glad I ended up buying a few gallon jugs of water recently.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

And the water is now brown.

It seems there is no need anymore for you to go into the law profession because soon all disputes in your area of residence will be solved in Thunderdome…… :ohwell:

No at the hospital. Forget protecting names. Healthpartners and Park Nicollet are shutting off all the drink water at every facility. And the water coming out of my bathroom sink was brown. We get bottled water for the day and then going forward we need to bring in our own water. And of course, all the bottled water is in a place that requires everyone to touch it.

Idiots.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

No at the hospital. Forget protecting names. Healthpartners and Park Nicollet are shutting off all the drink water at every facility. And the water coming out of my bathroom sink was brown. We get bottled water for the day and then going forward we need to bring in our own water. And of course, all the bottled water is in a place that requires everyone to touch it.

Idiots.

Calling them idiots seems to me to be quite the understatement!

I find it appalling that is legal to cut off a hospital's drinking water when such hospital is operational. In my country it is prohibited by law to do so, and the same goes for other utilities. 

5 hours ago, Arakan said:

I really find the reasoning, especially of right-leaning people interesting. Look what happened after 9/11. War on terror. War in Afghanistan. War in Iraq. Destabilization of the Middle East, war in Libya, war in Syria, coups in Egypt. Migration crisis in Europe. Rise of the far-right in Europe. Rise of the far-right in the US, resulting in the election of Donald fucking Trump, an idiot and clown and garbage of a human being, as US president. It all is connected. 

And why? Because, absolutely unemotionally speaking, two very big houses were destroyed and 3000 people died. Killed by a bunch of lunatic terrorists. That’s it actually. The repercussions are felt until today. 

This is so much bigger. So many domino stones are beginning to fall. 

Absolutely. Trump’s approval rating has gone up since the crisis began spreading to the US. And even with a recession I imagine it’d continue this trend. Just point to the foreigners(read anyone not white).

8 minutes ago, Tywin Manderly said:

Calling them idiots seems to me to be quite the understatement!

I find it appalling that is legal to cut off a hospital's drinking water when such hospital is operational. In my country it is prohibited by law to do so, and the same goes for other utilities. 

It’s illegal here too.  

2 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

With what reasoning?

The fountains are highly contaminable and nobody is cleaning them.

And here I’ve been using the fax machine all day. No one is cleaning it either, so I’ve stopped bother to do so as well.

There was a talk about Russia in the thread and you guys either overestimate or underestimate Russian people. We're not scared organized crowd living in fear of police or MVD (not sure i've ever seen anyone from MVD in my life), we're more like part fatalist/part devil-may-care with some pointless panic thrown in people, who as soon as they hear about a new law, start coming up with ingenious ways to work around it (or ignore it straight up). Cops mostly only pretend to be busy, authorities are mostly lazy and/or corrupt, and nobody trusts them. I am surprised that at least Moscow citizens seem to have taken recommendations somewhat to heart.

Here in my city, the stores, public transport and official organizations are full of elderly people sitting or standing as close to each other as possible. We have a week long moratorium on work beginning Monday (you know what I mean) and already tons of organizations are planning to keep on working anyway. 

People buy everything like crazy b/c they realize that the prices are about to shoot up so everywhere is very busy and orders are on the rise. 

I understand where this fatalism is coming from, I'd feel similarly myself if I didn't have to worry about my mother, though I'd still not act like a total asshole - why people can't stay two meters away from each other or take turns riding elevator is bizarre to me.

I think typical russian attitude is this: 2 days after terrorist attack in our subway, journalists tried to enter subway with lots of metal in the bag. The gates at the entrance were pinging, however, the guards simply waved them through. It happened everywhere, including the very station that was hit by attack. 

There is a saying in my country (bad translation time) "The severity of laws is diminished by how unnecessary it is to follow them". 

Archived