Will We Stand The Corona Test of Time? - Covid #7

Tywin Manderly

25 minutes ago, Toth said:

You see, that is my plan. But I fully expect to be reprimanded if I 'forget' to get anything she needs after she refuses to make a shopping list. And it is tough going out spontaneously when there is a person around constantly screeching that you are dooming you two to certain death if you go out.

Is anyone really surprised that I have grown up to become a person who needs several hours writing an E-Mail because I am damn near constantly worrying about how to phrase everything?

If she makes you miserable anyway a bit of peace and quiet and exercise sounds exactly what you need. I'd also buy some booze, you sound like you deserve a drink. 

43 minutes ago, Toth said:

You see, that is my plan. But I fully expect to be reprimanded if I 'forget' to get anything she needs after she refuses to make a shopping list. And it is tough going out spontaneously when there is a person around constantly screeching that you are dooming you two to certain death if you go out.

Is anyone really surprised that I have grown up to become a person who needs several hours writing an E-Mail because I am damn near constantly worrying about how to phrase everything?

No that doesn’t surprise me at all after what you’ve described, I’ve always been a bit shoot from the hip as far as email composition goes!.

I’d just go out and do some shopping or for a walk or anything to clear your head if you need to.

54 minutes ago, Toth said:

You are the victim of psychological abuse by a, guessing, vulnerable covert narcissist. This sounds awful, speaking from own experiences. Sometimes it needs a very strong, very traumatic catalyst to „free“ oneself (or rather start the path towards freedom) of this abuse. Let C19 and the whole situation be your catalyst. I hope you will be well. 

55 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

If she makes you miserable anyway a bit of peace and quiet and exercise sounds exactly what you need. I'd also buy some booze, you sound like you deserve a drink. 

Oh booze. The one positive thing about this situation is that one can drink all day everyday without repercussions and I happen to be locked away in a once-family home where my father hoarded about ten-fifteen boxes of premium liquor. Thank god for that. 

The best short-term thing we can get are reliable anti-body tests to see who already has been infected by Sars-CoV2. 
Studies are under way in quite a few countries. 

But here is the problem (currently): most of prototype tests so far a way too sensitive and show results also for the other harmless Corona Viruses. Those responsible for the common cold. Still a way to go. 

British users: please believe nothing or at least be very sceptical whatever your Primeminister Boris Johnson says. He is no dumb clown like Trump, he is smart, very smart, plays a role. I guess strong psychopathic tendencies. A person who makes blatant false propaganda like those bus posters „350 million Pounds better for the NHS than the EU“ should have no credibility left whatsoever. This was propaganda on the perfidy level of Goebbels. 

4 minutes ago, Arakan said:

British users: please believe nothing or at least be very sceptical whatever your Primeminister Boris Johnson says. He is no dumb clown like Trump, he is smart, very smart, plays a role. I guess strong psychopathic tendencies. A person who makes blatant false propaganda like those bus posters „350 million Pounds better for the NHS than the EU“ should have no credibility left whatsoever. This was propaganda on the perfidy level of Goebbels. 

Sigh. Ok

14 minutes ago, Arakan said:

t least be very sceptical whatever your Primeminister Boris Johnson says. He is no dumb clown like Trump, he is smart, very smart, plays a role. I guess strong psychopathic tendencies. A person who makes blatant false propaganda like those bus posters „350 million Pounds better for the NHS than the EU“ should have no credibility left whatsoever. This was propaganda on the perfidy level of Goebbels. 

You were doing ok until the last sentence. 

16 minutes ago, Arakan said:

British users: please believe nothing or at least be very sceptical whatever your Primeminister Boris Johnson says...

This was propaganda on the perfidy level of Goebbels. 

I ain't British, don't know more about Boris than any other American who actually reads.

That being said. Thats a bold statement, playa. Goebbels was like an evil genius. A real one. We still do shit today that he came up with.

You know that whole Olympic torch lighting ceremony? Joseph Goebbels is the guy who lead the charge on that. To assist in the transition of cultural origination from Greece to Germany, a central part of Hitler's worldview.

We still do that. 

20 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

You were doing ok until the last sentence. 

No, I stand by this. Such a blatant lie, so dumb. But what the Nazis knew, Boris also knows: the bigger the lie, the dumber and more obscene the lies, the more people will believe it. The greater the impact of the lie will be. Objective truth in this context is irrelevant. Tell a lie to get people outraged, if it sounds silly, who cares. It’s not about facts, it’s about emotional reactions. 

His buddy Donald knows this too. Mexican rapists etc. 

20 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I ain't British, don't know more about Boris than any other American who actually reads.

That being said. Thats a bold statement, playa. Goebbels was like an evil genius. A real one. We still do shit today that he came up with.

You know that whole Olympic torch lighting ceremony? Joseph Goebbels is the guy who lead the charge on that. To assist in the transition of cultural origination from Greece to Germany, a central part of Hitler's worldview.

We still do that. 

I know. A lot of Marketing techniques can be traced back to Goebbels. They are now standard repertoire. 

6 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

What specific lie has Boris told recently that we should aware of?

That there „soon“ will be a reliable antibody test. It’s bullshit. There will be one I am sure but this will take time. When I don’t know and every serious scientist will be cautious to give a date. 

Or what about that nonsense that Dyson will soon mass produce ventilators? No, the Brits need not to participate on a common buying scheme with the EU (they were invited) because we will do it by ourselves. As if the UK is world renown for its manufacturing capabilities (except some niches). Again Boris, very smart man he is, played on the subconscious emotions of his sycophants (we are British, we know it best without any factual evidence and so on, basically he played on bigotry and jingoism, nothing new). 

12 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

So Boris has Covid-19? 

We all think of karma. I don’t wish death on him (not being British) but I hope he has a bit more than the sniffles.

I support this message. May he get well soon but may he also learn humbleness. 

4 minutes ago, Arakan said:

That there „soon“ will be a reliable antibody test. It’s bullshit. There will be one I am sure but this will take time. When I don’t know and every serious scientist will be cautious to give a date. 

Or what about that nonsense that Dyson will soon mass produce ventilators? No, the Brits need not to participate on a common buying scheme with the EU (they were invited) because we will do it by ourselves. As if the UK is world renown for its manufacturing capabilities (except some niches). Again Boris, very smart man he is, played on the subconscious emotions of his sycophants (we are British, we know it best without any factual evidence and so on, basically he played on bigotry and jingoism, nothing new). 

Based on this response I suspect you didn't actually watch the announcement regarding the antibody test

Archived