Sign in to follow this  
Tywin Manderly

Will We Stand The Corona Test of Time? - Covid #7

Undercounting? No way! Only bad Commie Chinese, or evil Iranians, or Russians are doing this. Or ze Germans, those insufferable smart asses.

the standard denunciation technique in blinkered items such as courtois et al.'s black book of communism and white's cute 'hemoclysm' site is to include all alleged 'excess deaths' from any cause not considered to be individuated in liberal ideology and attribute them to the regime that is being denounced.  so the great leap forward famine in its maximalist estimates is charged to the maoist account, but famines that occurred in pre-communist china are not charged to the regimes that preceded--or more significantly to liberal british export policy. i suspect that the process ty has described--medical providers misrepresenting the cause of death in a way that places it on 'natural causes' or in ways that blame the victim (hypertension, hyperlipidemia, diabetes, and so on)--is one part of how this fetid ideological sausage is made.

Just on the economic response, there seems to be some consensus emerging from the G20 that direct support to business is the way to go, alongside measures to support citizens directly. The chances of a V-shaped recovery are much slimmer if permanent economic damage occurs (e.g. business insolvencies, evictions from or foreclosures on commercial property, broken supply chains).

Does anyone know anyone, on facebook, in their personal lives, etc...who still admits to being a libertarian today?  

Fun update:

No more drinking water.

7 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Does anyone know anyone, on facebook, in their personal lives, etc...who still admits to being a libertarian today?  

Those that I know have mostly grown up and moved to the left or became Trumpers.

9 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Fun update:

No more drinking water.

That is a worst case update not a fun update... At least for a developed country. 

13 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Fun update:

No more drinking water.

By drinking water do you mean bottled water?  Can't you drink tap water in Minnesota?

Well, that sucks.  Can't even boil that to make it drinkable.

I also don't have water right now.

However in my case it is to repair a leak to the apartment building so severe that it apparently couldn't be put off. The upshot is, I'm glad I ended up buying a few gallon jugs of water recently.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

And the water is now brown.

It seems there is no need anymore for you to go into the law profession because soon all disputes in your area of residence will be solved in Thunderdome…… :ohwell:

No at the hospital. Forget protecting names. Healthpartners and Park Nicollet are shutting off all the drink water at every facility. And the water coming out of my bathroom sink was brown. We get bottled water for the day and then going forward we need to bring in our own water. And of course, all the bottled water is in a place that requires everyone to touch it.

Idiots.

Posted (edited)

Nvm

Edited by Tywin et al.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

No at the hospital. Forget protecting names. Healthpartners and Park Nicollet are shutting off all the drink water at every facility. And the water coming out of my bathroom sink was brown. We get bottled water for the day and then going forward we need to bring in our own water. And of course, all the bottled water is in a place that requires everyone to touch it.

Idiots.

Calling them idiots seems to me to be quite the understatement!

I find it appalling that is legal to cut off a hospital's drinking water when such hospital is operational. In my country it is prohibited by law to do so, and the same goes for other utilities. 

5 hours ago, Arakan said:

I really find the reasoning, especially of right-leaning people interesting. Look what happened after 9/11. War on terror. War in Afghanistan. War in Iraq. Destabilization of the Middle East, war in Libya, war in Syria, coups in Egypt. Migration crisis in Europe. Rise of the far-right in Europe. Rise of the far-right in the US, resulting in the election of Donald fucking Trump, an idiot and clown and garbage of a human being, as US president. It all is connected. 

And why? Because, absolutely unemotionally speaking, two very big houses were destroyed and 3000 people died. Killed by a bunch of lunatic terrorists. That’s it actually. The repercussions are felt until today. 

This is so much bigger. So many domino stones are beginning to fall. 

Absolutely. Trump’s approval rating has gone up since the crisis began spreading to the US. And even with a recession I imagine it’d continue this trend. Just point to the foreigners(read anyone not white).

14 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

No at the hospital. Forget protecting names. Healthpartners and Park Nicollet are shutting off all the drink water at every facility.

With what reasoning?