Westworld IX; 03.22.20 Divergence - Westeros.org

HexMachina

Urgh, two years is such a long time between seasons. I forgot so much. The mixing of present and past timelines, often in the same episode, throw me off. Do you think the Maeve, Bernard and Dolores arcs are occurring at the same time or should we question every scene?

Some thoughts/rambles on E1 and 2:

• It's bugging me that Dolores is walking around the real-world as herself though, and none of the rich people she's interacted with have noticed her. I mean she's one of the most recognizable hosts of the Westworld park. I half-expect someone to come up to her and say "Hey, great Dolores cosplay! You even have matching eyes!" Or someone/something is letting her walk around undetected.
  • Also, the security on that storage room in the abandoned part of Mesa sucks big time. This is like the third time someone's broken into it! Even those outdated hosts would have value on the black market. Industrial espionage is easy in this world. :P
  • Edit: another thought whilst watching E3: Maybe hosts lose their sanity if they inhabit a guest's body for too long as is happening with 'Charlotte' with the scarring?
  • Is that Clementine inside Charlotte Hale's body?

I notice the Delos site received an updated with tidbits of the various robots they manufacture. The new soldiers of Delores' army perhaps? Or a backup.

Found a timeline of events if anyone wants to make sense of what happened in S1 and 2 - Westworld timeline

I really..really liked that episode.  It was smart, funny, interesting, everything you would want.  Gonna get (more) high now, which - btw - the Nolans are totally responsible for my urge to do so.  Can I sue them for that?

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

It's a joke, and the point is you cannot say they're not in a park. 

Well I think you're jumping the gun here. This episode did not prove that they're in the park or simulation or whatever. It simply gave us more info what has been hinted, the system that is seeking to control the real world. 

24 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

A dream within a dream. 

13 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

It's a joke, and the point is you cannot say they're not in a park. 

What? Granted, this season is very Inception, but you're on a limb. That was my favorite episode of the season though. 

It's possible that they are the test world inside the supercomputer but you don't have the evidence to state it declaratively.

2 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

It's possible that they are the test world inside the supercomputer

Matrix Reloaded.  That worked out great.  Sure Jonah Nolan is gonna fall into that same quicksand, willingly.

8 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

What? Granted, this season is very Inception, but you're on a limb. That was my favorite episode of the season though. 

It's possible that they are the test world inside the supercomputer but you don't have the evidence to state it declaratively.

Why would they have robots in the real world? From season one, the people from "the real world" seemed amazed by the existence of said robots. 

On 3/28/2020 at 1:46 AM, DMC said:

I wasn't trying to disparage Cassel in any way, it's just that's what I recognize him from.  Haven't seen the two movies you mentioned

On 3/28/2020 at 9:15 AM, Nictarion said:

I haven’t seen those two either, but I mostly associate him with Eastern Promises and Black Swan. 

I wholeheartedly recommend those, aspecially Hate (originally La Haine) by Mathieu Kassovitz. Very powerful movie.

23 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Why would they have robots in the real world? From season one, the people from "the real world" seemed amazed by the existence of said robots. 

Human-mimicking robots, perhaps (ie androids). But why wouldn't they have utility robots like we've seen so far? They have self-driving cars and drones.

10 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Human-mimicking robots, perhaps (ie androids). But why wouldn't they have utility robots like we've seen so far? They have self-driving cars and drones.

They would absolutely have that. But why would they have replicates? That was supposed to be foreign to the "real" humans from season one. Just watch the first episode again. It blew the new guests away. 

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

That was supposed to be foreign to the "real" humans from season one. Just watch the first episode again. It blew the new guests away. 

New guests like young William, perhaps? But it was decades before, wasn't it?

24 minutes ago, 3CityApache said:

New guests like young William, perhaps? But it was decades before, wasn't it?

Hard to say. I always understood the initial entrance into the park to be taking place during The Man in Black's timeline, not young William's. 

11 hours ago, Sharpes said:
  • Is that Clementine inside Charlotte Hale's body?

Thats the theory im going with. Because:

1. she jumped on her hubby at first sight. Sexy looking man.

2. Motherly instinct kicking in with the son.

3. Only so many characters Deloris took out who are certified killers. Clementine is one.

I initially thought it was Angela, but newHale seems a little too sensitive and not tough enough to be Angela.  The only hosts that Dolores really had any relationship with were Angela, Teddy, Bernard and her father.  Clem doesn't seem to fit the bill here. But, unlike previous seasons I'm not going to expend too much effort figuring out who is in newHale's body.  

The sequel to Westworld the movie was called Futureworld. As of episode 3, season 3 we can not for certain say that the "real world" is Futureworld...but we can't say that its not, either.

Archived