Westworld IX; 03.22.20 Divergence - Westeros.org

HexMachina

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

I initially thought it was Angela, but newHale seems a little too sensitive and not tough enough to be Angela.  The only hosts that Dolores really had any relationship with were Angela, Teddy, Bernard and her father.  Clem doesn't seem to fit the bill here. But, unlike previous seasons I'm not going to expend too much effort figuring out who is in newHale's body.  

"you belong to me" she said. I wonder if it's a copy of her "younger" self or something. 

14 minutes ago, Relic said:

"you belong to me" she said. I wonder if it's a copy of her "younger" self or something. 

Isn't that something she said to Teddy?  I can't remember for certain, it has been too long ... 

I'm a little surprised how much everyone is loving this season. 

2 hours ago, Charlie Hustle said:

unless theres a backup to teddy, didnt he blow out his core??

teddy went to heaven. but yeah maybe there's an early backup of pre-evolved Teddy

I was really hoping they'd just tell us who Hale was but I guess that was naive of me. 

We're missing one of Delores' five smuggled balls, right? She's got three and the different colored one for Bernard that we've been lead to believe she created on the mainland. Plus the one in new Hale so where is the fifth? 

For that matter, how did Delores put her sphere into a new Dolores body and bring herself online without any help? I'm probably just overthinking this but maybe new Hale is just the Delores/Hale from the end of season two with her mind wiped? Like Dolores removed "Wyatt" from her and put it in the Delores body? 

Also if Charlotte was Serac's inside man in Delos how did he get his hands on Maeve? Charlotte was dead and replaced by the time they started trying to salvage hosts. 

crackpot twist prediction: new hale is somehow William. The "you belong to me" comment is weird if she's talking to a fellow host since freedom for hosts is what she's all about. Plus the scene where she chokes the pedophile she talks about him reminder her who she is. Seems like a william thing to say. 

53 minutes ago, Relic said:

teddy went to heaven. but yeah maybe there's an early backup of pre-evolved Teddy

I guess since Delores has the key and knows where she sent the Valley Beyond hosts she could bring them back at any time. I just don't think she would want to. 

Where she sent them that they're out of human reach is something I'm very curious about. 

9 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I was really hoping they'd just tell us who Hale was but I guess that was naive of me. 

We're missing one of Delores' five smuggled balls, right? She's got three and the different colored one for Bernard that we've been lead to believe she created on the mainland. Plus the one in new Hale so where is the fifth? 

For that matter, how did Delores put her sphere into a new Dolores body and bring herself online without any help? I'm probably just overthinking this but maybe new Hale is just the Delores/Hale from the end of season two with her mind wiped? Like Dolores removed "Wyatt" from her and put it in the Delores body? 

Also if Charlotte was Serac's inside man in Delos how did he get his hands on Maeve? Charlotte was dead and replaced by the time they started trying to salvage hosts. 

crackpot twist prediction: new hale is somehow William. The "you belong to me" comment is weird if she's talking to a fellow host since freedom for hosts is what she's all about. Plus the scene where she chokes the pedophile she talks about him reminder her who she is. Seems like a william thing to say. 

I would hate that, but I guess its possible.  I kind of hate that Charlotte Hale, evil, relentless, murderous, corporate bitch, has now been reimagined as a single mum who loves her son, even with a troped up goodbye song, gag. 

I took that statement about predators to be the "Hale" part of the mind not the host part.

4 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I initially thought it was Angela, but newHale seems a little too sensitive and not tough enough to be Angela.  The only hosts that Dolores really had any relationship with were Angela, Teddy, Bernard and her father.  Clem doesn't seem to fit the bill here. But, unlike previous seasons I'm not going to expend too much effort figuring out who is in newHale's body.  

I have no idea who Angela is. Sigh. I’ve wiped a bit of season 2 from my brain. 

8 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I would hate that, but I guess its possible.  I kind of hate that Charlotte Hale, evil, relentless, murderous, corporate bitch, has now been reimagined as a single mum who loves her son, even with a troped up goodbye song, gag. 

I took that statement about predators to be the "Hale" part of the mind not the host part.

Wait, is there a Hale part of her mind? I considered that maybe Delores somehow gave her some of Hale's memories so she could pass as Hale, and that was what was making her crazy, but I didn't think they'd actually established that. 

5 minutes ago, unJon said:

She greeted young William when he first came to the park, then later met old William and Teddy pretending to have been ambushed by Wyatt but really she was one of Wyatt's men. She eventually blows herself up to destroy the host backups in season two. She was played by Elon Musk's double ex-wife. 

16 minutes ago, unJon said:

The other blonde...she met William when he came to WW, she was in the flashback shots of when they were selling the idea to Logon, she was working with Dolores after the revolution and last we saw her she blew herself and some WW security guy up to buy time? can't remember.  

10 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Wait, is there a Hale part of her mind? I considered that maybe Delores somehow gave her some of Hale's memories so she could pass as Hale, and that was what was making her crazy, but I didn't think they'd actually established that. 

She greeted young William when he first came to the park, then later met old William and Teddy pretending to have been ambushed by Wyatt but really she was one of Wyatt's men. She eventually blows herself up to destroy the host backups in season two. She was played by Elon Musk's double ex-wife. 

There would have to be, wouldn't there?  Elsewise why does Tessa Thompson flip into the 'Hale' personna and voice, like when she killed the guy under the bridge, and then flip out again, seeming confused, etc. ?  How could the host be losing themselves if there no one else in there? I thought there was also a line last night about how 'she/Hale' is trying to reassert control? 

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

For that matter, how did Delores put her sphere into a new Dolores body and bring herself online without any help?

LOL, yeah, this is something I've been thinking about since the season 2 finale aired.  I suppose it's reasonable she programmed a drone to put her sphere into her new body after "shutting down" or whatever.  That's still a lot of trust to put into another machine, but logistically it's the only explanation I can arrive at.

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

Serac did say Charlotte wasn't the only source on the inside he had in their conversation, right?

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

crackpot twist prediction: new hale is somehow William. 

Not crackpot at all.  If I was going to rank who "New Hale" is, William would be second on the list. 

First would be, as others mentioned, Clem.  The objections raised in this thread are legit - we don't have much prior information on Dolores interacting with Clem from the previous two seasons - but it's a reasonable assumption even before the former became self-aware they frequently interacted throughout the ( ~thirty, right?) years Dolores played the role of damsel in distress going into town which was right next to the whorehouse Clem was in.  Plus, I can't remember exactly what scene from last night's episode I said this, but while watching last night I turned to my brother and said "yeah, I bet it's Clem." 

Just the way "Charlotte" behaved did not seem like Teddy, or Armistice, or William.  It did, however, align with Clem's characterization as far as I can recall.  Other thing I mentioned to my brother while watching - when "Charlotte" jumped her husband I was like "well, if it's Teddy in there this just got really weird."

12 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Young Willy/Idealized Version

Ford

Yeah, both of these would be interesting.  You could even refer to "Ford" as Dolores' idealized version of Ford as well.  You've convinced me - which tells you how weak my preferences were to begin with - I'm putting both at the top of my list.

Most of my suspicion of a young William comes from Aaron Paul's inclusion. He's the new Teddy who was the old William before both were turned evil by Dolores' quest for humanity. William by no fault of her own, Teddy by choice. Aaron Paul is the noble gunslinger this time, and I personally get very excited by the thought of a hopelessly in love roboWilliam being put aside in favor of a real boy.

The more i mull it over the more it makes sense to me that Dolores put a "younger twin" of herself into Hale. I dont really see what else makes sense. 

edit - she snuggles Hale to sleep like Hale snuggled her "son". 

11 minutes ago, Relic said:

The more i mull it over the more it makes sense to me that Dolores put a "younger twin" of herself into Hale. I dont really see what else makes sense. 

edit - she snuggles Hale to sleep like Hale snuggled her "son". 

Thought crossed my mind, too. She could have made copies of herself just in case, and all the other spheres except Bernard's are a copy but at different points in her life.

Archived