The Mandalorian: This Is The Way to Season 2

Corvinus85

41 minutes ago, Rippounet said:

Wasn't them escaping part of Vader's plan at that point?

Granted, the idea that the stormtroopers were deliberately missing is only a theory, but it's one I like, and it is supported by a line from the movie...

Yes, but much like how Han Solo was supposed to be bullshiting about parsecs and Obi-wans expression was supposed to give that away, the movies aren't always great at conveying director intent.

A whole bunch of shit was retconned from the original movie. Like in what sense did obi-wan lead Anakin away on some fool crusade? 

I stand by my statement that half of what Obi said was false. For example:

Lies about Anakin.

He lies about remembering R2, whose memory has not been wiped so he's just beeping "wtf you old weirdo I know you know me." 

Those were the droids they were looking for!

So I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan, but I do love this show quite a bit. Can someone please tell me why the dark saber is so important and why everyone is making a big deal about it online. I went to the wiki, but it was filled with spoiler type stuff from the shows and a lot of information that was sort of useless. Is it basically just a black lightsaber or is there something more important to it?

Was nice to see an episode that had more than an adventure to it. 

One question...why would you sail anywhere? Seems like you'd have the technology to fly to a spot in the water and land, then fish and fly away again. I know they did the same basic thing in one of the new trilogy films but it doesn't fit in a series where even R2D2 could fly.

Do we see Mando visit a bed bath and beyond next week to get a new floating carriage for the child?

Just now, sifth said:

So I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan, but I do love this show quite a bit. Can someone please tell me why the dark saber is so important and why everyone is making a big deal about it online. I went to the wiki, but it was filled with spoiler type stuff from the shows and a lot of information that was sort of useless. Is it basically just a black lightsaber or is there something more important to it?

So you don't want spoilers from Clone Wars and Rebels? If not, then below is only general Darksabre lore.

Spoiler

The Darksabre was forged by an ancient Mandalorian Jedi, and in time it became a symbol of power for the Mandalorians. Some people consider that the one who wields it has the right to rule Mandalore.

Just now, Corvinus85 said:

So you don't want spoilers from Clone Wars and Rebels? If not, then below is only general Darksabre lore.

Hide contents

The Darksabre was forged by an ancient Mandalorian Jedi, and in time it became a symbol of power for the Mandalorians. Some people consider that the one who wields it has the right to rule Mandalore.

Alright, thanks man. So it's a symbolic weapon.

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

Was nice to see an episode that had more than an adventure to it. 

One question...why would you sail anywhere? Seems like you'd have the technology to fly to a spot in the water and land, then fish and fly away again. I know they did the same basic thing in one of the new trilogy films but it doesn't fit in a series where even R2D2 could fly.

Do we see Mando visit a bed bath and beyond next week to get a new floating carriage for the child?

Floating on water doesn't require energy. It just sort of happens.

4 hours ago, Kalbear Total Landscaping said:

Or obi wan is assuming the storm troopers are as good as clone troopers instead of being basically shlubs. 

Great point, Obi Wan as far as we know has been isolated from everything since Order 66. I don’t imagine he’s ever dealt with Stormtroopers, other than seeing them on guard in Mos Eisley. No doubt this will be undone with the Kenobi series though.

8 hours ago, Werthead said:

I was wracking my brains to think of another example. Is this the first time that a voice actor who originated a character in an animated series has then played them in live action?

The only other example I can find is Kevin Conroy playing Batman in The Animated Series and then cropping up as an alt-universe Bruce Wayne in Crisis on Infinite Earths (in the Arrowverse family of shows), but he didn't originate the character.

Funny you mention the Arrowverse, there was a Vixen animated web series, and the voice actress then appeared in an episode of Arrow. But I assume that was a long term plan, so they intentional cast with that in mind. Plus, like Batman, technically not originated. Then again, maybe Filoni took a punt that one day they’d get the opportunity, so why not have Katan look like Sackhoff?

6 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

Then again, maybe Filoni took a punt that one day they’d get the opportunity, so why not have Katan look like Sackhoff?

This lead me to thinking of other characters as well; I’d say the voice actors for Ezra, Hera, and Thrawn all look like their characters. All possibilities for live action.

13 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

This lead me to thinking of other characters as well; I’d say the voice actors for Ezra, Hera, and Thrawn all look like their characters. All possibilities for live action.

Taylor Gray, who voiced Ezra, could definitely play him, as he is the right age.

9 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

Funny you mention the Arrowverse, there was a Vixen animated web series, and the voice actress then appeared in an episode of Arrow. But I assume that was a long term plan, so they intentional cast with that in mind. Plus, like Batman, technically not originated. Then again, maybe Filoni took a punt that one day they’d get the opportunity, so why not have Katan look like Sackhoff?

Making animated characters look like their voice actors is a pretty common trope, especially if you get a big name

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InkSuitActor

Archived