The Mandalorian: This Is The Way to Season 2

Corvinus85

Tiya Sircar is awesome and could perhaps pull off a live-action Sabine. She's certainly the right age given the timeframe. I always had the impression that Sabine was taller, but re-checking a few images there's nothing really supporting that.

The great thing about playing a mandalorian is that, like playing Iron Man, since the action scenes are all fully suited up, the actors don't even need to have *that* much action movie skills. Unlike playing Capt. America or the like (yes, I know there's a ton of CGI there too, but it's not like RDj had to do nearly the action work of say Chris Evans)

I suspect the Mandalorian creative team might not want to get do tied down to 'Rebels' casting decisions made years ago though and that Sircar isn't likely to play Sabine, if the character even shows up.

31 minutes ago, Vaughn said:

I suspect the Mandalorian creative team might not want to get do tied down to 'Rebels' casting decisions made years ago though and that Sircar isn't likely to play Sabine, if the character even shows up.

The Mandalorian creative team pretty much is the Rebels creative team though :)

But they've done both so far. They kept Sackhoff as Bo Katan, but allegedly they've recast Ahsoka with

Spoiler

Rosario Dawson

although Ashley Eckstein is the right age and perfectly capable of playing her in live action.

7 minutes ago, Werthead said:

The Mandalorian creative team pretty much is the Rebels creative team though :)

But they've done both so far. They kept Sackhoff as Bo Katan, but allegedly they've recast Ahsoka with

Reveal hidden contents

Rosario Dawson

although Ashley Eckstein is the right age and perfectly capable of playing her in live action.

I guess I meant Favreau who clearly has the strongest say in this series. My season two predictions, updated: 1) baby yoda is a Sith and 2) the purgill come back in the season finale. I would actually love to see 'live action' purgill with the Mandalorian budget.

Does it bug anyone else how much a credit is apparently worth? in SWTOR a 1000 credits is a mid level medpack. In the Phantom Menace Qui-gon offer 20000 credits for a hyperdrive. But the Mando gives a guy 1000 credits to fix his ship, then is disappointed in the result.

How much does a loaf of space bread cost?

40 minutes ago, TrueMetis said:

Does it bug anyone else how much a credit is apparently worth? in SWTOR a 1000 credits is a mid level medpack. In the Phantom Menace Qui-gon offer 20000 credits for a hyperdrive. But the Mando gives a guy 1000 credits to fix his ship, then is disappointed in the result.

More importantly, before the Empire, were the Jedi all welfare queens? 

51 minutes ago, TrueMetis said:

Is SWTOR canon?

No, it doesn't really bother me, as the economy of SW is even more inconsistent than the physics of SW. And on that subject, the transport could only go into hyperspace once in orbit, but in the sequel trilogy + Rogue One they've been hyperspacing with impunity from wherever. 

2 hours ago, TrueMetis said:

Inflation. Deflation. Regional pricing pressures. Maybe they just drop a couple of zeros off the notes every hundred years or so.

23 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

Is SWTOR canon?

No, it doesn't really bother me, as the economy of SW is even more inconsistent than the physics of SW. And on that subject, the transport could only go into hyperspace once in orbit, but in the sequel trilogy + Rogue One they've been hyperspacing with impunity from wherever. 

I think this was more of a port restriction thing than physics unless I remember it wrong. 

Thinking about it, it’s such a shame that Mandolorian didn’t come out before the sequel trilogy. Imagine if, as Mando seeks out the Jedi, we were as eager to see where they’ve ended up, what Luke went on to do, what role Leia played. He meets Ahsoka first, and for all we know, they all go to meet up with Luke, and form some awesome new cabal of Jedi, trains the Child, and who knows? I know the series will always be grounded in its characters and it won’t ever be ‘about’ the film characters. But still, it sours it a little that we know Luke is trying to start a Jedi school, that he’ll fail, that he’ll go into exile, that the First Order are gaining momentum as the series progresses. It puts limits on what we can expect from The Mandolorian.

8 hours ago, dbunting said:

I think this was more of a port restriction thing than physics unless I remember it wrong. 

They said they had to coast at a low altitude in the port area, then they could climb, and once in orbit go to hyperspace. The coasting is probably so the throttling of the engines doesn't disturb the water and thus the city buildings. But based on the newer movies, escaping the planet's gravity well is not necessary to go to lightspeed, which I'm pretty retcons older Star Wars. This show seems to keep with the older SW.

3 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

Thinking about it, it’s such a shame that Mandolorian didn’t come out before the sequel trilogy. //// It puts limits on what we can expect from The Mandolorian.

This is true. It's totally on brand though: after the OT, Star Wars seems to be very focused on telling stories where you know in the end that the heroes have fought a losing battle. Prequels, Rogue One, Rebels - these all end with hopeful notes but where the enemy has largely carried the day and the heroes of that story are forgotten as losers.

Return of the Jedi and Rise of Palpatine are the only ones where there's a definitive victory and Jedi of course in hindsight was a false victory, based on the events of the Mandalorian and Force Awakens.

55 minutes ago, Vaughn said:

This is true. It's totally on brand though: after the OT, Star Wars seems to be very focused on telling stories where you know in the end that the heroes have fought a losing battle. Prequels, Rogue One, Rebels - these all end with hopeful notes but where the enemy has largely carried the day and the heroes of that story are forgotten as losers.

Return of the Jedi and Rise of Palpatine are the only ones where there's a definitive victory and Jedi of course in hindsight was a false victory, based on the events of the Mandalorian and Force Awakens.

:lol:

On 11/17/2020 at 5:02 AM, Corvinus85 said:

Is SWTOR canon?

Since the Star Wars Story Group took over story oversight for The Old Republic, the answer seems definitively to be "perhaps."

2 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

They said they had to coast at a low altitude in the port area, then they could climb, and once in orbit go to hyperspace. The coasting is probably so the throttling of the engines doesn't disturb the water and thus the city buildings. But based on the newer movies, escaping the planet's gravity well is not necessary to go to lightspeed, which I'm pretty retcons older Star Wars. This show seems to keep with the older SW.

Of course it retcons old SW.  I mean just read Han's speech about lightspeed to Luke in ANH and then his shit in TFA about jumping into a planets gravity.  Its all just nonsense because JJ Abrams doesn't give a shit about internal (or regular) logic and just wanted shit that looks kewl.

6 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

Thinking about it, it’s such a shame that Mandolorian didn’t come out before the sequel trilogy. Imagine if, as Mando seeks out the Jedi, we were as eager to see where they’ve ended up, what Luke went on to do, what role Leia played. He meets Ahsoka first, and for all we know, they all go to meet up with Luke, and form some awesome new cabal of Jedi, trains the Child, and who knows? I know the series will always be grounded in its characters and it won’t ever be ‘about’ the film characters. But still, it sours it a little that we know Luke is trying to start a Jedi school, that he’ll fail, that he’ll go into exile, that the First Order are gaining momentum as the series progresses. It puts limits on what we can expect from The Mandolorian.

Given the backlash against the ST, the success of The Mandalorean and the obvious disregard for previously disgarded canon I would hope that at some point they just throw out the ST all together. If Dallas could bring back JR, SW can walk away from the shitquels ;) 

44 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

Given the backlash against the ST, the success of The Mandalorean and the obvious disregard for previously disgarded canon I would hope that at some point they just throw out the ST all together. If Dallas could bring back JR, SW can walk away from the shitquels ;) 

CGI de-aged Harrison Ford wakes up, CGI Carrie Fisher overlayed on another actress, pregnant with the twins that will be Jacen and Jaina Solo rolls over to kiss him and he realizes it was all a dream...

Archived