The Mandalorian: This Is The Way to Season 2

Corvinus85

15 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

It hasn’t ... yet. Although I do wonder where they can go with it. What’s a good turnout for the Child? Should he find more Yoda people, or Jedi? Or is he too integral to the show now? Could he develop to a full teammate of Mando’s, using the Force? It’s a largely episodic show, but at the same time, there is a through line and I don’t think modern audiences will be all that pleased if it just drifts aimlessly without some sort of direction.

Well so far they are hinting at bigger picture stuff, the jedi, baby yoda.. this black sabre thing, which is what you would expect at about the 3rd episode in. I suspect they will keep a similar format, layer on more of the overall plot as they go, have a build up and mini finale at the end of each season and go from there. I dunno, maybe there is like a 3 season arc, and you just keep repeating that format. 

I do think they will struggle to keep coming up with these video game quest plots every week though. There are only so many 'do this so I can give you this reward' stories you can do.

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

Well yeah I would put you in the vocal minority then if you found that world building interesting. 

Oh, I dunno. Given how much time people spent on criticising that world-building, I'm tempted to think almost everybody did actually find it quite interesting in the end. :P

I mean, at least there was something to hate. And I wouldn't be so sure that the people who *liked* it were the vocal minority here... ^_^

4 minutes ago, Vaughn said:

So live action Ahsoka tomorrow or no? I hope so.

I don't know if there are previews or what not as I don't watch them but I would guess not until the last episode.  Putting Ahsoka in next would imply actually doing something with the story whereas they are far more likely to have a few more filler episodes first based on how the show has gone thus far.

50 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

I don't know if there are previews or what not as I don't watch them but I would guess not until the last episode.  Putting Ahsoka in next would imply actually doing something with the story whereas they are far more likely to have a few more filler episodes first based on how the show has gone thus far.

not my joke, but someone predicted that they'll only find her in the final scene of the season. Then the first scene next season will be her tossing baby yoda over her shoulder and walking away. 

Given the slow pace I'd be shocked if we see her any earlier than Ep 7. He has to first get to the shitty planet (assuming he doesn't along the way pick up a stray hitchhiker with snackable babies), then he has to find Ashoka which will involve some quest to deliver confections to Ughnaughts or some bullshit before finding someone who will tell him where she is, and then there will be ANOTHER quest to prove to Ashoka's friend that he's worthy or something else.

Didn't we already get a glimpse of Ashoka on the dock in the last episode? I thought we saw someone in a hooded robe with an orange face watching the Mandalorian and the Childe Yoda.   So the question is did she send Bo-Katan to save Mando and tell her to arrange the meeting on the next planet.

3 minutes ago, Leofric said:

Didn't we already get a glimpse of Ashoka on the dock in the last episode? I thought we saw someone in a hooded robe with an orange face watching the Mandalorian and the Childe Yoda.   So the question is did she send Bo-Katan to save Mando and tell her to arrange the meeting on the next planet.

The hooded woman was one of the three Mandalorians - the actress is Sasha Banks

I strongly suspect Ahsoka will show up in #5. It's the episode written and directed by Filoni, and I suspect Favreau will defer to Filoni in writing Ahsoka's first live-action appearance. It's kind of a Big Thing (Favreau has written Ahsoka before in the animated shows, but Filoni is effectively her creator).

I also don't think it will be as big a thing as people expect. It'll likely be a one-episode deal, Ahsoka will kick some butt, she'll point Mando at the Jedi and he'll be on his way. I think her having a bigger role - tagging along for the rest of the season - is less likely but you never know.

One good thing about the way The Mandalorian is filmed, on closed image-walled sets with a relatively small crew, is that it seems to have completely negated spoilers. No more photographers snapping pics of secret guest stars with a telephoto lens from a hill two miles away.

24 minutes ago, Werthead said:

One good thing about the way The Mandalorian is filmed, on closed image-walled sets with a relatively small crew, is that it seems to have completely negated spoilers. No more photographers snapping pics of secret guest stars with a telephoto lens from a hill two miles away.

I wouldn't go that far, we knew before the season started that Morrison was returning as Fett, that Olyphant was playing Vanth and wearing Fett's armor, that Ashoka was appearing and would be played by Dawson (I guess this still isn't technically confirmed yet) 

I don't remember hearing about Sackhoff playing Bo-Katan but that may have been reported too. 

I don't mind if we don't get too many Clone Wars & Rebels reveals this season, I've got discipline, I can hold out. But I reserve the right to become giddy if Ahsoka turns up.  

I'm more looking forward to when Mando can remove his helmet in the presence of Baby Yoda, with us in audience, and examine what being a Child of the Watch means to him after what Bo-Katan told him.

If we revisit the season 2 trailers, and remove all the scenes we've already seen, then there's very little left - and what is left looks like it could be in this next episode. That would leave a completely trailer free remainder of the season, beginning with the Filoni directed episode 5 - wicked!

11 hours ago, RumHam said:

I wouldn't go that far, we knew before the season started that Morrison was returning as Fett, that Olyphant was playing Vanth and wearing Fett's armor, that Ashoka was appearing and would be played by Dawson (I guess this still isn't technically confirmed yet) 

I don't remember hearing about Sackhoff playing Bo-Katan but that may have been reported too. 

Casting is obviously a weak spot, as agents, legal representatives and other people outside the normal filming loop get involve, so that can leak even in the best of circumstances (although Sandman seems to have done a superb job, keeping even the casting of its main regulars secret a month into filming).

Holy shit!

Spoiler

So they want the Child to harvest midichlorians to help create clones, presumably of Snoke or even the Emperor?!?

Classic, classic Filoni.

Fans: "This storyline sucks and is completely irredeemable and there's nothing to be done about it!"

Filoni: "Hold my death sticks."

Also:

Spoiler

Dark Troopers! What next? Kyle fucking Katarn?

56 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Holy shit!

Hide contents

So they want the Child to harvest midichlorians to help create clones, presumably of Snoke or even the Emperor?!?

Classic, classic Filoni.

Fans: "This storyline sucks and is completely irredeemable and there's nothing to be done about it!"

Also:

Hide contents

Spoiler

It could also be because the Child's species is long lived, not just midichlorians.

1 hour ago, Werthead said:

Holy shit!

Reveal hidden contents

Classic, classic Filoni.

Also:

Reveal hidden contents

I haven't clicked on the spoiler boxes and will not see the episode before tomorrow evening, but the non-spoilered part of that reaction is just too good not to provoke a guess here... Jar Jar is coming back right?

(Don't tell me, I'll come back to gloat if my gambles proves to be accurate :cool4:)

Archived