The Mandalorian: This Is The Way to Season 2

Corvinus85

I know that we're giving Filoni a lot of credit, but all these episodes, so far, have been written by Favreau. Filoni is there to make sure Favreau doesn't swerve into Abrams crap, and yes, he does help mold the overall story, but in the end Favreau is still in charge.

I love that he tried to put the baby to work doing electrical wiring. Without even shutting the power off! That's just bad parenting. 

I like the little space-wombat and it's kinda great that now when this show introduces a cute little creature I immediately fear the child might eat it. I was a little worried he was gonna try to eat that other kid before I saw the biscuits.

4 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Hide contents

I love that he tried to put the baby to work doing electrical wiring. Without even shutting the power off! That's just bad parenting. 

I like the little space-wombat and it's kinda great that now when this show introduces a cute little creature I immediately fear the child might eat it. I was a little worried he was gonna try to eat that other kid before I saw the biscuits.

Spoiler

Surely it was a space meerkat?

I thought Weathers did a decent job here, glad Favreaux let him take the directing reins for this one. A bit more levity in this episode too.

If this was a game, then this plays as fun a side mission.

Spoiler

Mythrol playing as Leo Getz.
The speeders navigating the side of the cliff.
The TIE fighters vs the Imperial tank
The Razor Crest vs TIE fighters dog fight.

The only thing that annoys me is...

Spoiler

Why the tracking fob for the Razor Crest? Did they resolve the tracking in the Child already, which every bounty hunter seems to have?  

14 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Loved the episode start to finish. 

Hide contents

So was that Palpatine in the tanks? Any consensus?

Nice to see the child use the force again.

I got the impression they were trying to make force-sensitive soldiers. It's probably a mistake to use logic to analyze magical force-based transfer of one's consciousness into a clone body, but I would think the clone body would have to already have been made and on standby by the end of ROTJ. 

26 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Loved the episode start to finish. 

Hide contents

So was that Palpatine in the tanks? Any consensus?

Nice to see the child use the force again.

Spoiler

I think it’s way too early for it to be Snoke or the Emperor, but it could definitely be a precursor to that. The scientific knowledge that leads to the Emperor being able to return, or something. Weirdly, what was perceived as a big flaw with tRoS, the complete lack of info on how exactly the Emperor survived, seems to work in this series favour that they have a lot of leeway now.

1 hour ago, Corvinus85 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Those were called Sentry Droids. I think what we saw here may be cyborgs.

Weren't they called

Spoiler

Shadow Troopers?

Damn, I might need to do a Rebels rewatch. Although I should probably actually finish Clone Wars first.

Next week's episode of The Mandalorian will be called:

Spoiler

The Jedi.

Obviously Ahsoka isn't a Jedi (or at least she wasn't, maybe she's teamed up with Luke since then and gotten her wings), but Mando doesn't know that.

5 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Next week's episode of The Mandalorian will be called:

Hide contents

The Jedi.

Obviously Ahsoka isn't a Jedi (or at least she wasn't, maybe she's teamed up with Luke since then and gotten her wings), but Mando doesn't know that.

That's a relief. I was half expecting Fett would catch up with him before he got there and force him to land and have another adventure.

On 11/19/2020 at 5:30 PM, Vaughn said:

We're overdue to see Moff Gideon Graves actually so yeah, I bet this is more of an Empire focused episode.

You win the thread for the week!

I guess we are spoilering things?

By far the best episode of the season? And my two young boys agree. 

Spoiler

Great humor. Baby Yoda with the red and blue wires. The two biker stormtroopers crashing into each other going down the cliff. :lol:

The hologram scientist definitely said they wouldn’t find anyone with a higher “M count.” So I think they were using baby yoda to harvest his midocholiarans and trying to create force sensitive somethings.

i don’t know what was in those clone tanks. Need to see what Reddit saw there.

The scene at the end with Gideon looked to me like a bunch of Knights of Ren helmets.

Do we have to spoiler still?

Spoiler

What the hell is up with Moff Gideon wearing the poor man's Vader armor...?

Is the young officer who told him about the tracking device on the Razor Crest the first female officer within the Empire we've ever seen?

Damn, they fixed the Razor Crest fast, didn't they? I mean, Mando and the others were off on that adventure so fast after they arrived and it seemed like it was only a few hours, but BAM! New ship basically...

26 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Do we have to spoiler still?

Hide contents

What the hell is up with Moff Gideon wearing the poor man's Vader armor...?

Is the young officer who told him about the tracking device on the Razor Crest the first female officer within the Empire we've ever seen?

Damn, they fixed the Razor Crest fast, didn't they? I mean, Mando and the others were off on that adventure so fast after they arrived and it seemed like it was only a few hours, but BAM! New ship basically...

She may be the first Imperial female officer in live-action, but Rebels, video games, books have plenty. 

Archived