UK Politics: Life in the Johnsonian Dystopia

Tywin Manderly

2 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Also he got tested on the NHS because of his age it seems

There was a question at today’s press conference which suggested that if he was in England he wouldn’t have got tested.

He got tested because he's first in line for the throne. Lets be honest.

Having said that as rich and famous people jumping the queue goes there are people it bothers me more about. At least once he's recovered from a mild case and probably immune he'll almost certainly be out visiting hospitals etc.

14 hours ago, ljkeane said:

He got tested because he's first in line for the throne. Lets be honest.

Having said that as rich and famous people jumping the queue goes there are people it bothers me more about. At least once he's recovered from a mild case and probably immune he'll almost certainly be out visiting hospitals etc.

As someone second in line and a long line forming behind him, his perceived importance is negligible. His actual importance is even less so. Visiting hospitals and getting in the way is not a reason for getting tested. 

16 minutes ago, maarsen said:

As someone second in line and a long line forming behind him, his perceived importance is negligible. His actual importance is even less so. Visiting hospitals and getting in the way is not a reason for getting tested. 

I know being republican and anti-royal is seen as trendy in some circles but lets quit saying stuff like this. The British Monarchy is important to a lot of people and I'd say it was quite understandable that the next in line for the throne would be given a test.

16 minutes ago, maarsen said:

His actual importance is even less so. Visiting hospitals and getting in the way is not a reason for getting tested. 

You might not think it’s important. I bet a lot of people in the most vulnerable category are the kind of people it’d be a real boost to receive a visit from the Prince of Wales though. So, yeah, it’s got more value than random rich people/celebrities getting unneeded tests.

So since George RR Martin is -presumably- important to everyone here, shouldn't we make sure he is tested ? 

Also my weed dealer is popular in my community. Can he be tested to continue his deliveries ? 

And if I suck enough people's dicks, can I get a test as well ? 

I think the timeline is that he had symptoms, so he was tested. It’s not surprising. And yes, he’s next in line to a position that does have a parliamentary function, I would expect him, Boris, everyone who’s working specifically on this problem, would all get tested.

18 minutes ago, Rippounet said:

So since George RR Martin is -presumably- important to everyone here, shouldn't we make sure he is tested ?

He surely can get a test,,, in exchange for finishing the Winds of Winter. ;)

20 minutes ago, Rippounet said:

Also my weed dealer is popular in my community. Can he be tested to continue his deliveries ? 

A clever discount deal offer to overworked doctor who needs a couple of joints to keep going would be enough for him to get tested on the spot. ;)

10 minutes ago, Rippounet said:

And if I suck enough people's dicks, can I get a test as well ? 

That, of course, depends on whose dicks you suck.  ;)

1 hour ago, DaveSumm said:

I think the timeline is that he had symptoms, so he was tested. It’s not surprising. And yes, he’s next in line to a position that does have a parliamentary function, I would expect him, Boris, everyone who’s working specifically on this problem, would all get tested.

What is Charles doing to specifically work on this problem? 

7 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

What is Charles doing to specifically work on this problem? 

I didn’t mean to include him in that list, I just meant he’s (very tenuously) one of those “in charge” of the country. Plus there’s an argument that losing a member of the royal family would be a fairly big blow to the morale of the country.

I’m not sure what’s going on with UK figures today, I saw a few reports that we’d switched systems for tallying and that’s why we had the caveat of yesterday’s stats that it was less than 24 hours, and that they may switch to 9am announcements. But that was gleaned from a few tweets, nothing official from DHSC.  

Archived