UK Politics: Life in the Johnsonian Dystopia

Tywin Manderly

1 minute ago, Loge said:

How does the British government operate these days? Does parliament still convene? Does the cabinet still meet? I guess the latter could do video conferences but the House of Commons?

Parliament went into recess on Wednesday I believe 

1 minute ago, Loge said:

How does the British government operate these days? Does parliament still convene? Does the cabinet still meet? I guess the latter could do video conferences but the House of Commons?

Imagine the traditionally boisterous House of Commons meeting through videoconferencing!

If Bercow was still in charge, he'd just use the "Mute All" function a lot.

23 hours ago, Rippounet said:

So since George RR Martin is -presumably- important to everyone here, shouldn't we make sure he is tested ? 

Also my weed dealer is popular in my community. Can he be tested to continue his deliveries ? 

And if I suck enough people's dicks, can I get a test as well ? 

I dislike the monarchy as much as anyone, but Liz is 93 (94 next month). Testing a guy who might become Head of State any moment is just common sense.  

The optics on this are pretty good. After some major slips at the beginning the government’s handled this reasonably well and now the PM, heir to throne and health secretary are all sharing the people’s pain.

Between this thread and the other, why are people offering their sympathies to BoJo? 

That mother fucker lied to ya'll time and time again so as to make you a weaker nation while setting things up to line his and his friends' pockets. It's one of the most evil things a public servant can do.

You Brits have gone soft. Your ancestors would be disappointed. Have you forgotten how to draw and quarter a bastard?  

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

Between this thread and the other, why are people offering their sympathies to BoJo? 

That mother fucker lied to ya'll time and time again so as to make you a weaker nation while setting things up to line his and his friends' pockets. It's one of the most evil things a public servant can do.

Thanks for popping by and posting this nonsense.

Anyone revelling in someone getting Corona virus is clearly a nasty piece of work. 

Actually I'm surprised more people don't have the virus by now, I'm sure there are quite a few politicians world wide pretending not to have it.

1 minute ago, Heartofice said:

Thanks for popping by and posting this nonsense.

Anyone revelling in someone getting Corona virus is clearly a nasty piece of work. 

Actually I'm surprised more people don't have the virus by now, I'm sure there are quite a few politicians world wide pretending not to have it.

Lol, this is just like the religious nut here who died after calling it a hoax. People like that, if they get it, deserve it, because they are exposing others to it intentionally. BoJo is no different. He is a fundamentally awful human being. I don't feel bad for him at all.

And dude, they all have been exposed. Who has it is a crap shoot, but they all could have it. I just watched an interview with a former Senator who was in leadership and he sounded like he might die mid-interview. 

What the fuck happened to this forum? I don’t wish viruses on people cos I’m an empathetic human being, that’s as far as my explanation is going to extend. And even if you want an entirely unemotional answer, wishing death on people reinforces what the other side thinks of you, it pushes left and right further apart and leaves less of a middle ground. It’s a losing strategy.

This is not a right vs. left thing. It's a "are you actively taking actions that will lead to people dying" thing. I view it no differently than the far left anti-vaxxers. They are getting people killed. And if they fall victim to what they wanted people to ignore, well, God works in mysterious ways. 

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

This is not a right vs. left thing. It's a "are you actively taking actions that will lead to people dying" thing. I view it no differently than the far left anti-vaxxers. They are getting people killed. And if they fall victim to what they wanted people to ignore, well, God works in mysterious ways. 

That isn’t a good characterisation of Boris.

6 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

For all his faults he appears to be deferring to the experts.  Unlike that fucking cretin over the pond. 

The governments response hasn’t always been perfect and I think mistakes have been made,  but you cannot say they haven’t been trying incredibly hard to protect people. And on the whole have done a good job.

45 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

If you’re making a utilitarian argument (that an anti vaxxer dying saves more lives in the long run) that’s different, what was being said before was “I don’t agree with this person so I don’t care if they die”. Is there any evidence that if Boris died, Dominic Raab would swoop in and save millions?

Archived