US Politics: Get Tested or Get Bested

Tywin Manderly

2 minutes ago, sologdin said:

biden needs to be doing trumpian things like twittering out

You literally can't lower yourself to a level comparable.

ETA: buddy I mean it. That was the worst Trump impression ever. You're just too literate :lmao:

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

A podcast speech?  That's not media.  That's not reaching anybody but tru believers, who are few. Especially if they don't even know about that podcast you all keep flogging.  How are people supposed to know about that podcast if they don't know about it?

This is how over and over and over Dem establishment loses elections.

Biden did an extended interview on Brian Williams last night.

1 hour ago, Fez said:

New poll outta Wisconsin from Marquette : Biden 62, Sanders 34 (in 2016 Sanders beat Clinton 56-43). Although, somewhat crazily, Wisconsin has not postponed their primary the way most other states have, so who knows what turnout next week will actually look like. Or whether all polling locations that are supposed to be open actually are.

Wisconsin didn't postpone, though they probably could have...but they've been hammering the absentee ballot initiative. 

Despite the current situation, but because my only partially essential worker poisition had me working from home three days a week, I've decided to help and will be volunteering at my local polling place for the first time.  We'll see how that goes. 

Also had my first experience with someone texting me asking if I'd be supporting Bernie.  I shouldn't have engaged, but was intrigued.   I took pleasure in explaining that he'd have to be the absolute last candidate I'd support.  That there was nothing difficult wrong with any if his policy ideas, but he'd be the last person I'd want to be leading the charge on it.  That Warren was a better choice. But since Biden was the lady guy standing now, I'd be happily supporting him. 

5 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I think you have us confused with Iowa there...

Wait, is Nebraska in the midwest in this metric?

Completely off topic story, there's an online quiz of "how many US states can you remember?" and you just write the names of the 50 states in 10 minutes.  It doesn't give you a map or anything to help, and I got 49/50.  The final 4 minutes I was just dividing the country into West/Midwest/South/Northeast and doublechecking if I'd missed anything.  I left out Nebraska because it isn't really West or Midwest. 

8 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Wait, is Nebraska in the midwest in this metric?

Completely off topic story, there's an online quiz of "how many US states can you remember?" and you just write the names of the 50 states in 10 minutes.  It doesn't give you a map or anything to help, and I got 49/50.  The final 4 minutes I was just dividing the country into West/Midwest/South/Northeast and doublechecking if I'd missed anything.  I left out Nebraska because it isn't really West or Midwest. 

Poor Ormond.

59 minutes ago, dornishpen said:

Did you go to Di Fara? I really can't imagine you can find any pizza as good as that anywhere else.

Idk, just went into two random places, one in Brooklyn and one in Manhattan.

59 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Jared Kushner?

And for you, I've got only three words.

Check and mate.

(ok, I ripped that one off from Siegbert Tarrasch, but it'd probably be obscure enough to go unnoticed).

I’ve kicked him out of the tribe.

On 3/31/2020 at 12:22 PM, Tywin et al. said:

Not really. What I have a habit of is gaming out scenarios assuming x, y and z happen beforehand. It was my favorite part of IR. And if you go back and look, in my very first response to you after bring up the 30% unemployment stat, I said specifically that as of now the chances of a change of opinion on M4A is low, and I specifically said that it may be Trump who changes his opinion. I’ve said nothing about Biden, unless I forgot something. And I said a long time ago it was ridiculous to expect his opinion to change except at the margins.

The larger point was what was true a month ago may not be true a month from now. Things are moving way too fast.

Making assertions like "Trump's [reelection] constituency is whatever he wants it to be" or that GOP elites and the privileged interests they represent aren't going to fight back against MFA by calling it socialized medicine isn't "gaming" anything out using logic, let alone any evidence.  It's just using the uncertainty of the pandemic to make ridiculous arguments and justifying them by saying "well, anything can happen in such extraordinary times."

And the reason I keep coming back to MFA and Biden's lack of support for it is because that's what the argument was about.

Archived