US Politics: Get Tested or Get Bested

Tywin Manderly

Just now, DMC said:

This self-association makes me fear for your immediate future.

Weren't you listening? I'm already in my immediate future. You're in my past. Time is a flat sphere and I have been reincarnated as myself. If you have further inquiries please direct them towards your local Time Goddess. If issues persist, a Time Associate will be along shortly to administer a balefire remedy that will see the timeline put back just right.

We know you have a choice of temporal existence and thank you for choosing the Jacelyn In America timeline experience. Thank you, and have a pleasant day!

4 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Weren't you listening? I'm already in my immediate future. You're in my past. Time is a flat sphere and I have been reincarnated as myself. If you have further inquiries please direct them towards your local Time Goddess. If issues persist, a Time Associate will be along shortly to administer a balefire remedy that will see the timeline put back just right.

We know you have a choice of temporal existence and thank you for choosing the Jacelyn In America timeline experience. Thank you, and have a pleasant day!

Now you're just trying to confuse me cuz I said I was high.

4 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Why? It’s not like Batman actually kills the Joker. 

Just lets him escape so he can cause more mayhem. 

It's a nice sentiment, but I was referring to Ledger.

First off, this movie, my god.

51 minutes ago, DMC said:

Ya don't say?  Fortunately haven't been dragged to a strip club in quite some time, although the last time was indeed in the area - St. Pete.  I never understood the appeal, but then I hated frat boys and enjoyed ripping them off.

Never been to one, though I've been on some de facto party buses. Personally I find it boring. 

Still, I have always been a strong advocate for legal prostitution, though I'd only seek one if I thought I was on my death bed.

And I've still never been to Miami.  Never want to go.  People from Orlando - who've lived in Miami - look down on Miami.  Also, I don't know what the hell movie you're watching but you keep mentioning "a lowering table of food."  Maybe I'm just high and being stupid, but I have no idea what the fuck that means?

Miami is amazing, I say that having had to live in Liberty City, albeit shortly. Best city in the world if you've stopped giving AF about anything.

I miss the smell of the sea.

Anyways, Netflix The Platform. You'll get that there's no good way to describe it other than what I've said. 

14 hours ago, ThinkerX said:

either that, or like me she is required to interact with significant numbers of Trump fans on a daily basis.

Then again, I have a long history of less than optimistic future predictions on this site and elsewhere.

As do I, and I've always been right, I grieve to say.

13 hours ago, Triskele said:

Ditch Biden for Cuomo?  

Presented without further comment.  

NOSIRREEEE!  NEW YORK NEEDS CUOMO AND WE GOT HIM FIRST! AND HIS DAD TOO! SO DIBS IS OURS!

Cuomo just gave one hell of a St. Crispin's Day speech to the national guard that are deploying; and if it was pre-written he seemingly had it memorized. 

2 minutes ago, Fez said:

Cuomo just gave one hell of a St. Crispin's Day speech to the national guard that are deploying; and if it was pre-written he seemingly had it memorized. 

I watch his press conference every day to be inspired.

I watch Trump's Task Force press conference every day to despair.

23 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

The US is considering putting troops on the Canada-US border to prevent people leaving Canada and crossing into the US.

It's too late alas.  Harry and Meghan are already here.

You can appreciate the calming effect of Cuomo, but don't be fooled, his administration just recommended cutting Medicaid spending by 400 million over the next year (as part of a 2.5 billion cut over several years). This wasn't something that has been going for a while either, this board he created to cut health care funding started last month. Also New York has cut 20,000 hospital beds (over a period of time) prior to this outbreak. I'm not saying that any should have seen this particular virus coming, but we have known for a long time that our medical system is not set up to deal with this.

20 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

You can appreciate the calming effect of Cuomo, but don't be fooled, his administration just recommended cutting Medicaid spending by 400 million over the next year (as part of a 2.5 billion cut over several years). This wasn't something that has been going for a while either, this board he created to cut health care funding started last month. Also New York has cut 20,000 hospital beds (over a period of time) prior to this outbreak. I'm not saying that any should have seen this particular virus coming, but we have known for a long time that our medical system is not set up to deal with this.

Hospital beds have been cut everywhere, because these days we're healthier. The beds aren't filled with polio victims and measles, mumps and chicken pox patients. Or as many motor vehicle accident victims. Or women who just had babies and stayed in hospital for 2 or 3 weeks. Now its's 2 or 3 days. The US hospital system has one of the lowest utilization rates in the first world - 65%. In Canada our hospital bed utilization rate is 93%.

Do you keep the beds open, or do you throw up emergency hospitals if there's a pandemic?

And, correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Trump's tax cuts hit blue states very hard in the budget, by cutting tax revenue?

3 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Hospital beds have been cut everywhere, because these days we're healthier. The beds aren't filled with polio victims and measles, mumps and chicken pox patients. Or as many motor vehicle accident victims. Or women who just had babies and stayed in hospital for 2 or 3 weeks. Now its's 2 or 3 days. The US hospital system has one of the lowest utilization rates in the first world - 65%. In Canada our hospital bed utilization rate is 93%.

Do you keep the beds open, or do you throw up emergency hospitals if there's a pandemic?

And, correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Trump's tax cuts hit blue states very hard in the budget, by cutting tax revenue?

The answer is to not run hospitals for profit, so it shouldn't matter how many beds are normally in use.

56 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

The answer is to not run hospitals for profit, so it shouldn't matter how many beds are normally in use.

If you think that countries that have state-funded healthcare don’t care about whether that money is spent “efficiently”, I have a bridge to sell you.

Archived