Videogames: Perfect homies for the great indoors.

Red Tiger

On 4/30/2020 at 4:41 PM, Ran said:

For those with Discord, we're trying to integrate with a Discord server to provide a chat (and, at least for now, voice chat) option. 

First, head to account settings and then link up your Discord with the forum.

Then click this invite link to, hopefully, get added to the server.

Yes, I got logged in tonight.  On my old laptop without a camera and microphone, so I probably looked like some sort of apparition on the forum.  But I'll try it again next time with more up to date tech!

19 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Looks so good.

It really does. 

Watching the released trailers so far...It's entirely possible I might cry during this game.  

Yakuza: Like a Dragon coming to PC later this year. Not played this franchise before (although I did get Yakuza 0 during a sale) but the trailer makes this likely an instant purchase.

It starts off very serious and criminal drama-esque and gets decidedly deranged until the giant killer lobster shows up.

On 5/6/2020 at 6:02 PM, l2 0 5 5 said:

Cannot fucking wait... The game looks phenomenal. Wonder if you get to use Joel's guitar to smash clickers? 

Or tame them?

Very much looking forward to it. The action looks intense too. I think what it does well is convey the emotions behind the violence as it's clear there's rage behind it in most cases.

Hopefully Coronavirus hasn't derailed the show either although i think it's still in pre production

14 minutes ago, red snow said:

Or tame them?

Very much looking forward to it. The action looks intense too. I think what it does well is convey the emotions behind the violence as it's clear there's rage behind it in most cases.

Hopefully Coronavirus hasn't derailed the show either although i think it's still in pre production

I also like how they've aged up Ellie to look like Ashley Johnson in some ways. Her voice fits her face to me now.

16 minutes ago, Mexal said:

I also like how they've aged up Ellie to look like Ashley Johnson in some ways. Her voice fits her face to me now.

Didn't Ellen Page sue them or something?

I followed the link for the Ellen Page article and saw a news blurb at the bottom Destiny 2 is coming to PS5 and XBox series X.

Its been so long since I played Destiny 2, that I kinda forgot that it was still a thing I guess. :dunno:  The article said it went Free to Play... but I thought it was always Free to Play?  Unless that means you don't even have to buy the actual game itself anymore?  I am confused and have obviously missed out on some info along the way.

2 hours ago, red snow said:

Or tame them?

The show was in very, very early development, so it shouldn't have had much impact.

28 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I followed the link for the Ellen Page article and saw a news blurb at the bottom Destiny 2 is coming to PS5 and XBox series X.

Its been so long since I played Destiny 2, that I kinda forgot that it was still a thing I guess. :dunno:  The article said it went Free to Play... but I thought it was always Free to Play?  Unless that means you don't even have to buy the actual game itself anymore?  I am confused and have obviously missed out on some info along the way.

Destiny 2 never had a subscription model, if that's what you're saying. But when it released it was a $60 game you had to buy, and which had paid expansion DLC (and microtransaction cosmetics). Now it's a free to play game, mostly. I believe the latest expansion you have to pay for, but the base game and the older expansions are now free. The goal is that the larger player base will mean more people buying the cosmetics, and buying the new expansion, that it'll make up for any loss of revenue that sales of the original game and older expansions would've gotten.

Just finished the M1 ProCar turnament in Project Cars. It had been quite a lot of fun, but that last race... it certainly had me at the edge of my seat, but I'm not sure whether that is good or bad. The last race was in Bathhurst and I must say this is the most insane track I have raced on so far. Basically taking my whole hatred about British track with ridiculously narrow roads and adding to that an insane downhill race full of blind corners, blin chicanes and nasty brick walls as the only track limit. My poor precious M1 had to suffer quite a lot from me bumping those brick walls on the way down as I was steering the car only through breaks and very sharp pushes on the accerelation here and there. I also though the race pretty much of when on the very last corner of the second lap I very softly brushed a curb that caused me to spin violently and slam front first into a brick wall. Good thing damage is turned off. I managed to take back the race lead soon enough, but the second place car was glued to my rear from then on. Damn... I really hate British tracks...

Archived