Videogames: Perfect homies for the great indoors.

Red Tiger

1 hour ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

I now own 50 games one the epic games launcher. Maybe I will install one some day.

Hah. I'm at 86 so far, and have ... uh ... 6installed. Fortnite (haven't played it in ages, was never good, mostly just played with my niece when she was into it), Subnautica (very cool game), Abzû (pretty chill little barely-game with some lovely moments), Batman: Arkham Asylum (doesn't work well with my Steam Controller, but I didn't spend much time trying to get it to work), and Unreal Tournament (which I don't really know why I have installed, come to think of it). Oh, and the Jackbox Party Pack which we played with friends once.

And then there's some 120 games on Steam... and I've barely played any of those, either. This feels like a problem, like I'm a hoarder or something...

14 minutes ago, Ran said:

Hah. I'm at 86 so far, and have ... uh ... 6installed. Fortnite (haven't played it in ages, was never good, mostly just played with my niece when she was into it), Subnautica (very cool game), Abzû (pretty chill little barely-game with some lovely moments), Batman: Arkham Asylum (doesn't work well with my Steam Controller, but I didn't spend much time trying to get it to work), and Unreal Tournament (which I don't really know why I have installed, come to think of it). Oh, and the Jackbox Party Park which we played with friends once.

And then there's some 120 games on Steam... and I've barely played any of those, either. This feels like a problem, like I'm a hoarder or something...

I think I installed and played 70% of the games I own on steam. Most of those were parts of bundles though I only for one or two games. I got like 30 Star Wars gams and only bought the bundle because of Kotor 1+2.

Edit: On a sidenote I bought Baldur's Gate 1+2 an insane number of times. 

CD versions of both(German), CD versions of both(English), CD version of BG+Tob(bundle was the only way to get the English version of Ton), DVD versions (English), Gog versions of both, Steam versions of the Enhanced Editions. 

You guys are cute. As someone who buys games almost solely through Humble Bundles my Steam library counts 300 games of which I have played 50 according to Steam. Admittedly, the number is somewhat blown up because it counts DLC as separate games and... well, I like Paradox games, but it still feels like a pile of shame.

I have 417 games in Steam, and played all but 22 of them for at least a bit.  However, I've only finished 134 of them. I give all my games a tag of Beaten, Not Beaten But A Good Purchase, Not Beaten Not Worth It. I don't mind the middle category, there  are plenty of games I enjoyed that for whatever reason I never finished. It's that last category thats my secret shame, and is up to 151 games. It's made me try to be more judicious in my game purchases, though I've lapsed a bit into old habits during this pandemic.

I have another 60ish games in the Epic Game Launcher, but the only two I paid for were Control and Operenica The Second Sun. The rest were all free game offerings, most of which I already own on steam, and aren't installed. Oh and The Outer Worlds, but that was also free, AMD had it as a pack-in in my new GPU.

I think I've got 4 games on EA Origins, 2 games on GOG, FFXIV is its own launcher, and there's the Xbox Gamepass for PC which is how I'm playing Gears Tactics. 

I think I'm going to have to give a Bannerlord a rest. At the rate they keep updating the game and making changes, I keep having to stop and restart. I suppose right now I'm playing to master certain aspects of the game.

I've also been playing XCOM: Chimera Squad. It's worth it for its price, but I don't feel the urge to play as much of it as I played XCOM 2 or even Enemy Uknown.

In a couple of weeks I'll be back playing TW: Warhammer 2 as another major update is coming to the campaign + a new DLC. They've reworked the Greenskins, in particular the Waagh! system.

If I don't count the bundles from Humble Bundles and Steam giveaways, I have a 100% record on games bought and played. I'm so proud of myself. :smug: 

That said, I have less than 40 games including the bundles, Steam giveaways and free to play games. And I never got past the tutorial in Total War and Supreme Commander. I think I've only actually bought/downloaded around 15-20 games really. The rest were all free/add-ons/gifts.

I have 319 (452 including DLC) games on Steam, of which I've played 154, so a bit less than half. It would have been almost exactly half except for yesterday's Humble Bundle deal, which added 8 games to the list.

I have another 22 games on Steam which I've played off-Steam (usually multi-game packs where I got a game effectively free, like BioShock which I've never played on Steam but have completed on the physical version).

I should note that I downloaded and installed Steam for Half-Life 2 on day of release (16 November 2004, apparently), so that's not too bad for 16 years. I know people who have twice as many games as I have.

Stats for GoG are 43 owned, 21 played; Epic 18 owned, 8 played; Uplay 11 owned, 7 played; Origin 9 owned, 5 played.

Physical is 185 owned, but quite a lot of overlap with games on digital launchers. The most recent physical games I own are XCOM 2Fallout 4 and Dragon Age Inquisition, which I all bought in 2015. The oldest PC games are Syndicate Wars, Command & Conquer: Red Alert and MechWarrior 2, which I bought in 1998 when I bought my first PC. The oldest fall stop is a copy of Carrier Command from 1988 for the Commodore Amiga (I also still have my 1993 copies of Monkey Island 2 and Frontier: Elite II kicking around). I think my 1984 copy of Elite might still be in a box in the loft.

Apparently my most-played game is (like almost everyone else) Skyrim, which is interesting as I never rated it as highly as some of Bethesda's other games. I suspect I've played as much of Fallout 3, but the first time I played it, it was from the DVD-ROM and the second time was via GoG, so I don't have a combined hour count. My other most-played Steam games in order are XCOM: Enemy UnknownThe Witcher 3XCOM 2/War of the ChosenFallout 4Company of HeroesValkyria ChroniclesHomeworld Remastered CollectionBattleTechValkyria Chronicles 4Two Point Hospital, Fallout: New VegasHomeworld: Deserts of KharakWasteland 2 and Dying Light, all of which are over 50 hours each.

My most-played game of all time is probably Company of Heroes, which only came to Steam a couple of years ago, but I was playing it almost continuously before that on online multiplayer all the way back to its release in late 2006. I suspect I have more than 500 hours in that total. Before that it was probably StarCraft (ooh, still got my 1998 collector's box set of that; the T-shirt remains impressively still wearable at home).

Wow. For their coronavirus fundraising efforts, Square are offering a massive discount on their Eidos bundle. That gets you 54 games and a ton of accompanying DLC and expansions, including all of the Tomb Raider up to Rise of the Tomb Raider; all of the Just Causes up to Just Cause 3; all of the Deus Ex games up to and including Mankind Divided; both Kane and Lynches, all four Thiefs, both Battlestations, four Legacy of Kains and all three Dungeon Sieges.

Some massively underrated games on here, like Sleeping Dogs (basically Yakuza meets Grand Theft Auto); the mighty Anachronox (from which BioWare liberally cribbed for both Knights of the Old Republic and Mass Effect and still features several of the greatest lines of dialogue and the single greatest party character in CRPG history); and the bizarre but compelling Omikron: The Nomad Soul starring fucking David Bowie what is happening.

True, you also get Daikatana but you can't win them all.

I refuse to do the math and found out the cumulative hours I’ve put into all the Paradox games I own. 

3,446 from Stellaris alone. Though a bit of that would be from leaving the game on pause instead of shutting it off. 

Edit: At least I’m getting my money’s worth. 

The next race in my event calendar in Project Cars is the 24h of Le Mans.

I just looked up that on the lowest length settings it's a 2 hours race. Two hours.

I... I really want to skip it, but some part of me is weirdly fascinated with the idea of trying...

Also is it normal that a Superkart driver gets invited to Le Mans? I haven't driven any supercars outside of these historic track day challenges and they just hand me a Le Mans Prototype?

I'm pretty sure I got Steam in 2009, when I bought Fallout 2 and Master of Orion 2 because I had a hankering to play both of them again. I didn't start regularly making purchases though until 2012 I think; and really started picking up the pace around 2015.

My most played Steam game is The Secret World, at 163 hours. The only others over 100 hours are Civ5, Stellaris, and The Witcher 3. I rarely sink huge hours into a game. I probably did with WoW back in the day though, and last time I checked FFXIV it was around 21 days.

I have a much smaller selection of games that some of you, 78 only, out of which I know I didn't play all, and probably half I've played enough to either completion or a good chunk of them. That being said, I have 790 hrs on Warhammer II and 535 hrs on Mount & Blade Warband.

I have a handful of games on Origin. Last I played there was ME: Andromeda.

5 hours ago, Werthead said:

Wow. For their coronavirus fundraising efforts, Square are offering a massive discount on their Eidos bundle. That gets you 54 games and a ton of accompanying DLC and expansions, including all of the Tomb Raider up to Rise of the Tomb Raider; all of the Just Causes up to Just Cause 3; all of the Deus Ex games up to and including Mankind Divided; both Kane and Lynches, all four Thiefs, both Battlestations, four Legacy of Kains and all three Dungeon Sieges.

Some massively underrated games on here, like Sleeping Dogs (basically Yakuza meets Grand Theft Auto); the mighty Anachronox (from which BioWare liberally cribbed for both Knights of the Old Republic and Mass Effect and still features several of the greatest lines of dialogue and the single greatest party character in CRPG history); and the bizarre but compelling Omikron: The Nomad Soul starring fucking David Bowie what is happening.

True, you also get Daikatana but you can't win them all.

That's a very good deal, though with all this discussion of the number of unplayed games we all have on steam I'm a little reticent.

I have 183 games on steam, though I've been very lazy about adding keys from humble to steam so I likely have a lot more. My most played is Path of Exile, by quite a significant margin, followed by Civilisation 5, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Stellaris, Skyrim, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, XCOM2, Dead Cells, Slay The Spire (which has been creeping up in hours lately, really great game), and Darkest Dungeon to round out the top 10.

Sleeping Dogs is really great, IMO. It's the only "GTA"-ish type game I've played, and its evocation of Hong Kong and Hong Kong action films -- particularly John Woo films like Hard Boiled, as well as Infernal Affairs and even a bit of Jackie Chan's Police Story series -- was terrific. Looks pretty decent, too, all these years later. Good voice acting, good story, etc.

Archived