Who Pays the Coronaman? - Covid #8

Tywin Manderly

1 minute ago, ljkeane said:

Again, you really come across as having an axe to grind. Rein it in a bit.

It’s about honesty and integrity. In my world view lying is not ok. Especially when officials lie to cover up incompetence which leads to people dying. The same officials who will blame god and the world for their own incompetence. Honesty is the most valuable of all human characteristics. But allright. 

19 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

It works with my Pin but even after doing that the contactless doesn't work. It only started happening last week.

I believe tighter security measures were introduced last year sometime where you now need to put your PIN in after so many contactless transactions. I think six maybe? Came across this info when trying to find out the issue with my card

I’m not sure on the amount but yes 6 or 10 seems about right to me, hope you get the issues with yours resolved :).

1 minute ago, Arakan said:

It’s about honesty and integrity. In my world view lying is not ok. Especially when officials lie to cover up incompetence which leads to people dying. The same officials who will blame god and the world for their own incompetence.

Is it?

Lets take your bugbear about UK public health officials reporting deaths after hospitilisation. Yeah, you've found a report about deaths mentioning Covid 19 on death certificates. But death certificates don't require the doctor to know the cause of death, only to make a reasonable assumption. So, of course, the absolute number of deaths probably is higher but deaths in hospital is a far more reliable and accurate number and when we're looking at trends it's far more responsible to report that. Something that's been clearly and openly done but you've leapt onto as some sort of gotcha moment.

So, yes, you come across as having a big axe to grind. Ok you don't like the current UK government, neither do I, but the constant harping is honestly just making me scan past your posts because they're striking me as so biased.

38 minutes ago, Arakan said:

The ONS has published the first of its new weekly bulletin which will include all instances where Covid-19 was mentioned on the death certificate and will include non-hospital deaths.

A total of 210 deaths in England and Wales that occurred up to and including 20 March (and which were registered up to 25 March) had Covid-19 mentioned on the death certificate, according to new figures from the Office for National Statistics. 

This compares with 170 coronavirus-related deaths reported by NHS England and Public Health Wales up to and including March 20.

Source: The Guardian. You are welcome. 

So not significantly higher then. 

5 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

Is it?

Lets take your bugbear about UK public health officials reporting deaths after hospitilisation. Yeah, you've found a report about deaths mentioning Covid 19 on death certificates. But death certificates don't require the doctor to know the cause of death, only to make a reasonable assumption. So, of course, the absolute number of deaths probably is higher but deaths in hospital is a far more reliable and accurate number and when we're looking at trends it's far more responsible to report that. Something that's been clearly and openly done but you've leapt onto as some sort of gotcha moment.

So, yes, you come across as having a big axe to grind. Ok you don't like the current UK government, neither do I, but the constant harping is honestly just making me scan past your posts because they're striking me as so biased.

Let me ask you a question: how can we accuse the likes of China of cover ups when similar „tricks“ are used by the accusers? It was, amongst others, due to the pressure by news outlets with integrity, like the Guardian, that those figures are getting published now. Think about it for a second. Furthermore, your attempt to discredit the validity of these figures is incorrect. Those cases will likely ramp up. Happens everywhere. Italy, Spain, Germany, UK. Today you are ok, tomorrow you are dead. Be it in a nursing home or at home. If you have preconditions this virus is a frightening killer. It can go so unbelievable fast. It is important that the true scale of all of this is comprehended. Politicians are the same everywhere, we live in the age of career politicians, be it Europe, USA, China. The good thing is, in Europe politicians can be hold accountable. 

25 minutes ago, Arakan said:

It’s about honesty and integrity. In my world view lying is not ok. Especially when officials lie to cover up incompetence which leads to people dying. The same officials who will blame god and the world for their own incompetence. Honesty is the most valuable of all human characteristics. But allright. 

Except there is no lying here. Just two different ways of collecting stats (which exist for good reasons as other posters have explained) which the UK has been upfront about and we're publishing both. If I was trying to argue UK officialdom was lying I wouldn't be quoting the ONS story as it disproves your point. 

27 minutes ago, Arakan said:

In my world view being a bit obsessive, boring and weird is not ok. 

1 minute ago, Chaircat Meow said:

Except there is no lying here. Just two different ways of collecting stats (which exist for good reasons as other posters have explained) which the UK has been upfront about and we're publishing both. If I was trying to argue UK officialdom was lying I wouldn't be quoting the ONS story as it disproves your point. 

It is published thanks to pressure by the likes of the Guardian. Nevermind. I will not comment further about this. What kind of liars the Torries and BJ are, they showed during BREXIT. Let’s leave it at that. I trust in the vigilance of 50% of the UK people. Good, honest people. 

2 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

In my world view being a bit obsessive, boring and weird is not ok. 

Ad hominem. Predictable. Whatever. You are obviously entitled to simply ignore my content :)  

3 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

See how easy it is to make a mistake with figures without any malice? 

Hahahaha at least you are fun. Let’s go for a pint when all this is over :)). I invite ;)  

3 minutes ago, Arakan said:

hahahaha 

mea culpa: +23.5% 

hahahaha 

ETA:

Please ignore from now on ;). I now know everything I have to know about you, from a psychological POV :))). 

Please tone it down. Yes , some numbers will not be 100% correct, and that will happen almost everywhere and mostly without bad intend. But speaking of western nations, to be or not to be a good leader in this crisis has nothing to do with the general political direction of that goverment, and more with the person him/herself.

If you want to critisise a government, is it not more appropriate to critisese our own? for example:  in my city we now have to have breathing protection to go to the supermarket, but it is absolutely impossible to buy any. People should sew their own. I was never very good in needle work and we do not have a sewing machine so this will be interesting...

Archived