How likely is a Jon/Sansa match (aka Jonsa)?

Dot Com

1 minute ago, The Fattest Leech said:

It ain’t off the table at all. It might not be what we readers assume, but it ain’t off the table either. Jon is discovering he is more of the north+ free folk as he goes along. 

I mean theoretically, but why at this point? Stannis wanted to do it to unite the free folk under him, but Jon is smart enough to know that it wouldn't work (cause they don't give a crap about blood), so I can't really see it happening.

1 minute ago, The Fattest Leech said:

It ain’t off the table at all. It might not be what we readers assume, but it ain’t off the table either. Jon is discovering he is more of the north+ free folk as he goes along. 

I’d say it’s more on the table now than before. Before he thought, yeah, could work, but if Ygritte was alive it’d be a no-brainer. B/c he didn’t know Val well back then. Now he does know her much better, they have a great connection, and even Ghost approves. If Ghost approves, I do too. So, yeah, very much on the table, and soon to be also on the bed, on the kitchen floor... :smileysex:

2 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I mean theoretically, but why at this point? Stannis wanted to do it to unite the free folk under him, but Jon is smart enough to know that it wouldn't work (cause they don't give a crap about blood), so I can't really see it happening.

You get that Jon Snow, King of Winter is the de facto king of the FF now, right? 

And his story w/ Val is not about objectives or politics or any of that. 

1 minute ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Come on that was one of the more decent thing in the abomination. Like it didn't have character problems and there were only a couple of unbelievable survivals by Jon. Also Sapoknik did a good job directing and the similarities to Cannae were really nice.

No discussion of the abomination this side of the forum. Perhaps you can edit all that out? 

49 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Here's the problem though, if she marries Jon she's not the one continuing the Starks, Jon is. So your whole point only serves to demonstrate that given how she will be the salvation of house Stark, she'll marry someone who isn't a Stark.

You forget Jon isn't a Stark by their patriarchal standards. He's a Targaryen. So by marrying him Sansa is marrying someone who isn't a Stark. 

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I’d say it’s more on the table now than before. Before he thought, yeah, could work, but if Ygritte was alive it’d be a no-brainer. B/c he didn’t know Val well back then. Now he does know her much better, they have a great connection, and even Ghost approves. If Ghost approves, I do too

I mean yeah chemistry wise they do seem to fit but it wouldn't be very practical if were honest. Like what would it serve beyond alienating the North?

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

You get that Jon Snow, King of Winter is the de facto king of the FF now, right?

I'm sure the FF will just love that, bending the knee to a crow.

53 minutes ago, TheThreeEyedCow said:

......I was being playful, and mayhaps I was too dry. 

Of course, I'd want my skin, my legs, the use of my eyes and ears. I'd want to be able to taste the wine and feel the sun on my face.

no worries, was perfect and very funny and I'd also check all those things first, before finding food...maybe 

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

No discussion of the abomination this side of the forum. Perhaps you can edit all that out? 

Good, good let the hate flow through you...

Seriously though, you're probably right. I'll edit it out, just edit out the quote too, cause then the edit would be superfluous.

15 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Because Jon is already emerging as the leader of the free folk; they are kneeling before him, he's arranging marriages like a king, he showed strength during the Macelshirt burning, etc.

It was Stannis who had it almost right, but he was still off. That's ok, Stannis is still learning to fly.

14 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

And his story w/ Val is not about objectives or politics or any of that. 

Correct and all points. And I mean alll points :smileysex:

Just now, The Fattest Leech said:

Because Jon is already emerging as the leader of the free folk; they are kneeling before him, he's arranging marriages like a king

I agree with that, I'm just saying that marrying Val would not really help him in becoming more of a leader to the FF cause as he points out it doesn't really matter to them that she was the sister of the queen. It would however massively hobble his image with the northern lords.

Ok, instead of turning this into a thread about the future of Jon and Jon with Val, here is a link to a thread I started a while back (that might need some updating???) but it discusses in detail with book quotes just this. Plus, GRRM says they ain't done, so... :leer:... :smoking:

2 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I agree with that, I'm just saying that marrying Val would not really help him in becoming more of a leader to the FF cause as he points out it doesn't really matter to them that she was the sister of the queen. It would however massively hobble his image with the northern lords.

I respectfully, yet strongly, disagree with the bold. Especially during and after the cataclysmic events of the new long night. Society as a whole is going to have major shifts, probably a huge portion of the narrow-minded thinking as well. The free folk have already begun to be accepted into the NW (except for the bigots, but hey, they are about to go extinct). And the FF know about surviving in near apocalyptic atmospheres. They will be of more use when reseeding the land than many readers currently assume.

5 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Especially during and after the cataclysmic events of the new long night. Society as a whole is going to have major shifts, probably a huge portion of the narrow-minded thinking as well. The free folk have already begun to be accepted into the NW (except for the bigots, but hey, they are about to go extinct). And the FF know about surviving in near apocalyptic atmospheres. They will be of more use when reseeding the land than many readers currently assume.

Well yeah when the shit hits the fan they're not going to care anymore. I'm talking before that, and about Jon's path to become the King in the North, where he is going to need the support of the lords before the Long Night begins.

Funnily enough, if Jonsa happens, I think the person who would most likely press for it is Daenerys.

Why?  She thinks she's barren.  If she wins the Iron Throne (if only for a time) Jon is her legal heir.  A political marriage between Jon and Sansa both secures the future of the Targaryen/Stark line, and also quashes any risk of Northern secession.

6 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Well yeah when the shit hit the fan they're not going to care anymore. I'm talking before that, and about Jon's path to become the King in the North, where he is going to need the support of the lords before the Long Night begins.

He's already doing that. When he has his meeting on top of the wall with the Liddle and a few others, that is parts of the noerthern houses checking Jon out to see if he has enough of the Stark in him to lead. They already approved. Jon guided Stannis in to how to win over the mountain clans, and Stannis did because he followed Jon's direction... but even still, these clans aren't following himself, but rather as a means to win back Winterfell from the false Bolton-Snow Ramsay, and they will follow what Stark is next. Honestly, it is probably Sansa as that is part of her learning to lead course, and Jon will be Jon Stark, King of Winter and will lead and integrate the free folk as part of the rebuilding.

ADDING: Not to mention how Jon handles the variety of situations after the battle of ice but before the Others invasion.

Archived