How likely is a Jon/Sansa match (aka Jonsa)?

Dot Com

3 minutes ago, Dot Com said:

Well I guess the obvious answer would be... he's her brother. 

Edit: Plus the apparent inevitability of Jonerys. 

But I wouldn't go that far. :D

Brave, gentle, strong. Knight who does all the tourney stuff she loves. Shes even talking in Crows about how older guys are good for her. Jorahs already tried the blonde, the silver and well; the porridge has got to be just right eventually.

Don’t get me wrong I am still convinced hes Odysseus who’s going to end up going back to Lynesse Hightower. 

18 minutes ago, Elegant Woes said:

Why wouldn't it be Jon?

Because Martin didn't go there? Because there's no evidence or hints or clues? I know there are several passages that are used as evidence for this, but all of them w/o exception can be explained much more easily in a different way (that has nothing to do w/ Jonsa).

18 minutes ago, Elegant Woes said:

Despite being a morally grey character Jon is the only character who has any resemblance to the heroes of the songs Sansa adores so much and it's proven in ASOIAF he is Sansa's hero (by fulfilling her wish). He fits into the "Brave, Gentle, Strong" criteria and he's also likes Sansa just the way she is. Plus if R + L = J is true, he literally is a prince charming. 

Erhm... how is it "proven in ASoIaF he is Sansa's hero"???????

Just now, Tyrion1991 said:

Brave, gentle, strong. Knight who does all the tourney stuff she loves. Shes even talking in Crows about how older guys are good for her. Jorahs already tried the blonde, the silver and well; the porridge has got to be just right eventually.

Don’t get me wrong I am still convinced hes Odysseus who’s going to end up going back to Lynesse Hightower. 

Jorah is a creep. Sansa had enough creeps around her already and he would be even older than all of the other creeps. He better stay with Dany at least she has dragons at her disposal to defend herself.

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Because Martin didn't go there? Because there's no evidence or hints or clues? I know there are several passages that are used as evidence for this, but all of them w/o exception can be explained much more easily in a different way (that has nothing to do w/ Jonsa).

Erhm... how is it "proven in ASoIaF he is Sansa's hero"???????

Sansa wishes that a hero would chop off Janos Slynt and Jon does that in ADWD. That makes him her hero. 

Just now, Nagini's Neville said:

Jorah is a creep. Sansa had enough creeps around her already and he would be even older than all of the other creeps. He better stay with Dany at least she has dragons at her disposal to defend herself.

I think Jorah had that beaten out of him at the end of Dance. He’s already referring to going back to Dany as foolish and enough people have told him Danys going to kill him. Once it’s obvious Danys on the rise he’ll have no reason to hang around. All it takes is for either him to learn his fathers dead or his wife to show up and he’s off. 

6 minutes ago, Elegant Woes said:

Sansa wishes that a hero would chop off Janos Slynt and Jon does that in ADWD. That makes him her hero. 

I'm not sure why I this is constantly used as evidence of a Jon/Sansa romance. GRRM had Jon initially hang Slynt but in 2010, he changed it. Here's the original thread for your perusal. The only reason why the ending was changed (according to a user there) was because the fans felt that it would be more fitting for Jon to do it the Stark way. Sansa was not part of that consideration, so why is this used as evidence of George planting seeds for them?

5 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

But your brother can also be you hero can't he?

That true. I won't deny that certain hints might mean something else, but at the same time, to say that Jon/Sansa is virtually impossible is kind of ridiculous. 

7 hours ago, Dot Com said:

Personally I come down on the side that it's unlikely, but possible considering George was originally going with Jon/Arya

I think George initially wrote "Jon + Arya" to parallel "Meera + Bran", but that would be giving away too much so he scrapped it. It would also be the same reason why "Jonsa" will never be written.

4 minutes ago, Elegant Woes said:

That true. I won't deny that certain hints might mean something else, but at the same time, to say that Jon/Sansa is virtually impossible is kind of ridiculous. 

Tbf I don't think it's virtually impossible, just highly unlikely. 

Like on a scale of Rhaego being alive to R+L=J I would put it somewhere near Jon being dead dead. 

13 minutes ago, Tyrion1991 said:

I think Jorah had that beaten out of him at the end of Dance. He’s already referring to going back to Dany as foolish and enough people have told him Danys going to kill him. Once it’s obvious Danys on the rise he’ll have no reason to hang around. All it takes is for either him to learn his fathers dead or his wife to show up and he’s off. 

I'd say I'm sorry, but I just don't like Jorah. And he is seriously to old for both Dany and Sansa, who is even younger. He says he thrice Dany's age. That would make him 45. And it's not Sansa, who thinks old men are better for young girls, but LF. I wonder why? lol

"he’d told her that young girls were always happiest with older men. “Innocence and experience make for a perfect marriage,” he had said."

A Feast for Crows, Alayne 2

27 minutes ago, Elegant Woes said:

Well, technically it makes Jon *a* hero. But not necessarily *her* hero. Jon is clearly George's take on the generic fantasy hero, but he's also a hero to his other siblings, the Freefolk, probably all of Westeros eventually... 

30 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

I'd say I'm sorry, but I just don't like Jorah. And he is seriously to old for both Dany and Sansa, who is even younger. He says he thrice Dany's age. That would make him 45. And it's not Sansa, who thinks old men are better for young girls, but LF. I wonder why? lol

"he’d told her that young girls were always happiest with older men. “Innocence and experience make for a perfect marriage,” he had said."

I don’t want Jorah to be with Sansa. At all. Just to be clear here. 

I think he will either end up on the wall in disgrace or back with Lynesse in Oldtown.

I do like the character. You mostly see him from the perspective of Dany and she’s  constantly like he’s “my bear”, wishing he was there to catch her when she falls in the Dothraki Sea and its made very clear in Dance that she needs/misses him. I think it’s intended to be tragic that two people who love eachother in different ways can’t be together. “She wished she loved him more than she did”. The age is part of that. It’s another reason them being together is an impossibility. Basically I like him because Dany likes him; despite all the flaws and problems that happen in ASOS. I don’t get the intense dislike among other posters because it doesn’t take into account Danys perspective on Jorah; especially not in ADWD.

11 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

I think Littlefinger's wrong. If Jon Arryn's marriage with Lysa Tully is any indication, young girls and older men is a terrible combination. Each has different emotional needs that cannot truly be bridged.

@Lyanna<3Rhaegar It's fair of you to admit that. However quite some people here seem to be really certain it won't happen and I wonder if that belief is rooted in textual evidence or because Jon/Sansa happening contradicts how they want the story to go . GRRM did say that very few people correctly guessed how ASOIAF will end up. So chances are quite some of the theories in this fandom could be bogus. 

24 minutes ago, Elegant Woes said:

@Lyanna<3Rhaegar It's fair of you to admit that. However quite some people here seem to be really certain it won't happen and I wonder if that belief is rooted in textual evidence or because Jon/Sansa happening contradicts how they want the story to go . GRRM did say that very few people correctly guessed how ASOIAF will end up. So chances are quite some of the theories in this fandom could be bogus. 

Oh undoubtedly. Many theories will be bogus. Maybe even some we are so sure of. We just never know what may happen. Even if I or someone else considers something bad writing doesn't mean it won't happen. It's not our story & I'm positive George could care less what some fan on some forum thinks is bad writing. What do we know anyway? He's the one that has made a life out of writing & done a very good job of it. 

Archived