How likely is a Jon/Sansa match (aka Jonsa)?

Dot Com

9 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

To be fair I think there is more to base a Satin/Jon relationship on than a Sansa/Jon relationship. I think both are pretty flimsy & highly unlikely though. 

Tough crowd. Some pairings are tongue and cheek fun. Like I said in the other thread its like playing with Barbies :rofl:

6 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

They haven't had their childhoods completely apart though. Sansa was what? 11? 12? & Jon 14? 15? When they separated. There is quite the foundation built in that amount of time. 

I'm not really talking about that. More how from what I remember Jon and Sansa don't share a single scene in all the books They seem to spend their time completely apart, making them little more then strangers.

6 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I honestly just don't buy into either of them lol 

Yeah obviously. This is just spitballing.

3 minutes ago, winter daughter said:

I think Val is the best candidate for Jon. Imo there is no political advantage to a Jonsa/Jonarya marriage and I don't see them fall in love with eatch other either. Although Jon/Dany is likely to happen I don't think it'll last and it's just too incestuous for my test so Val it is.

I think you meant taste not test...

I do agree that there is a chance something might happen between Jon and Val, but I think it will be more of an affair. Clearly not a marriage given that Jon aspires to be King in the North, and a marriage with Val would grant him nothing (he already has the wildlings) but it would massively screw up his cause with the Northmen

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:
3 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Jon aspires to be King in the North

Does he?

Well not at the moment, given that he's inside Ghost he probably aspires at worst to get a nice bone, at best vengeance. But it will clearly be his goal in TWOW.

6 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I'm not really talking about that. More how from what I remember Jon and Sansa don't share a single scene in all the books They seem to spend their time completely apart, making them little more then strangers.

Yeah, they do seem to be the least close of the siblings. I would still think they have some sibling relationship though. 

7 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Yeah obviously. This is just spitballing

For sure, nothing wrong with that. 

1 minute ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I think you meant taste not test...

Obviously lol

2 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I do agree that there is a chance something might happen between Jon and Val, but I think it will be more of an affair. Clearly not a marriage given that Jon aspires to be King in the North, and a marriage with Val will grant him nothing (he already has the wildlings) but it will massively screw up his cause with the Northmen

Even if he does become KitN it's not a guarantee that he'll remain king. 4 Stark kids are alive and they're bound to return to their home so it's possible that he gives up his crown at some point and then he'll be free to marry whoever he wants and Val seems to be exactly his type.

45 minutes ago, winter daughter said:

I don't see them fall in love with eatch other either.

Except there is enough evidence to support Sansa could fall in love with Jon. Sansa taste in men is very specific. She is into heroic, gallant and courteous men. Jon is the one person who comes close to the heroes from the songs she loves so much while stil being a complex and gray character. He doesn't interact with women much but when he does he is courteous and gallant with them (the Gilly incident doesn't count). Secondly Sansa's wild crush on Waymar Royce shows she is very much into the Stark look. All of this shows to me that Sansa could very well be attracted to Jon once they meet. 

@Alyn Oakenfist Jon doesn't want to be King in the North. He wants to be a Stark and Lord of Winterfell. To have a lady wife and legitimate children. He wants to belong and be validated. His dreams are very specific. In fact it's so specific it would be a cop out if he doesn't end up getting what he wants in the end. And this is why I am in favor of Sansa and Jon ending up together. They validate each other's very specific dreams. In terms of symbolism (association with the Bael the Bard tale, key to the North, rebuilding Winterfell, Lady being buried in Winterfell) Sansa is the most likely Stark to be the ruler of Winterfell. And if she is and marries Jon in the end she gives exactly what he wanted from day one. And Jon in return gives what she wanted from day one. In my opinion this is a logical conclusion to their respective arc. 

26 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Yeah, they do seem to be the least close of the siblings. I would still think they have some sibling relationship though.

In my personal head canon they weren't nearly as distant from one another as ppl make them out to be. Mainly separated by class, Cat's attitude towards Jon and Jon's and Arya's close relationship. I don't think, they've told their secrets to each other, but didn't have a problem with each other and saw each other everyday and also shared things, IMO they knew each other quite well just from being a constant in each others lives since childhood. And it's not like they don't appear in each others thoughts at all :) 

3 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

I really hate y'll for putting Jon and Satin in my mind!

I don't think GRRM has written Jon as having a crush on Satin and I've never shipped anyone before....but damn it what else could possibly come close? :bowdown: :cool4: :love: 

Sansa and Myranda! :D 

But seriously I love how lively, witty and wanton she is and the fact that LF is wary of her is another bonus. I hope instead of turning her into Sansa's enemy because of jealousy George turn her into an important Ally.

35 minutes ago, Elegant Woes said:

Except there is enough evidence to support Sansa could fall in love with Jon. Sansa taste in men is very specific. She is into heroic, gallant and courteous men. Jon is the one person who comes close to the heroes from the songs she loves so much while stil being a complex and gray character.

Jon taste in women is also seems to be very specific and Sansa is not his type.

A warrior princess, he decided, not some willowy creature who sits up in a tower, brushing her hair and waiting for some knight to rescue her.

Lonely and lovely and lethal, Jon Snow reflected, and I might have had her.

And Sansa is no longer an innocent dreamy little girl so her taste in men might have changed.

35 minutes ago, Elegant Woes said:

Secondly Sansa's wild crush on Waymar Royce shows she is very much into the Stark look. All of this shows to me that Sansa could very well be attracted to Jon once they meet. 

Sansa has had wild crush on Loras and Joff too and also considered Renly the most handsome man she has ever seen so I think her crush on Waymar is nothing special.

And tbh it seems like Jon looks exactly like Ned so I'm not sure if she is gonna be attracted to a younger version of her father and Jon to a younger version of Cat.

1 hour ago, Nagini's Neville said:

In my personal head canon they weren't nearly as distant from one another as ppl make them out to be. Mainly separated by class, Cat's attitude towards Jon and Jon's and Arya's close relationship. I don't think, they've told their secrets to each other, but didn't have a problem with each other and saw each other everyday and also shared things, IMO they knew each other quite well just from being a constant in each others lives since childhood. And it's not like they don't appear in each others thoughts at all :) 

Yeah, I mean to be fair there isn't anything that suggests they hated each other or anything like that, just not as close as him & Arya or him & Robb probably. They would have had to have many interactions I would think, especially as younger children. At the point we meet them I think it's fairly normal for a brother & sister their age to not have much in common anymore. Arya & Jon bond more because Arya is "into" some of the things Jon is (sword fighting & such) & they both feel excluded at times so they bond over that. I would think it was much the same with Sansa & Robb & Sansa & Jon. Sansa is busy sewing & being a lady, Robb & Jon are busy becoming men. Their interests don't collide as much as they would when they were younger. 

@winter daughter I was specifically talking about Sansa's possible attraction towards Jon not the other way around. However now that you bring that up I would like to remind you that what attracted Jon to Val and Ygritte in the first place is their softer traits (Ygritte singing and romanticizing songs while being moved to tears by them, Val's maternal side). These are traits that Sansa also exhibits. Secondly when Jon thinks of them in romantic lens he also tries to change them into something that they aren't. Thirdly there is nothing suggest he can't fall for a more traditionally feminine woman. In fact I would argue that the warrior princess sounds like an ironic hint he might fall exactly for a woman like that. 

Sure Sansa's taste in men can change, however I would like to see evidence of that before I can agree that it has changed. Sansa's crush on Waymar Royce is significant because of how she describes her feelings for him. She wildly fell in love with him. GRRM never described her romantic feelings towards Joffrey and Loras this way. You seem to forget that Waymar Royce himself looks a lot like Ned and Jon. He has the Stark look: long face, dark brown hair and grey eyes. In fact the description that was used for Waymar is also used for Jon. Not only that Jon already has a special connection with Waymar on a narrative level. The mini arc of Waymar in the Prologue foreshadows a lot of things about Jon. Waymar starts off arrogant and thinks he is better than anyone else but learns to accept he's a man of the night's watch (Jon's AGOT arc), confrontation with the Others (Jon from AGOT and onward), dying and rising from the death (Jon's TWOW arc). Perhaps to you it might not be meaningful, but the fact that GRRM chose to make Sansa have romantic feelings for this character is very significant to me.

46 minutes ago, winter daughter said:

And tbh it seems like Jon looks exactly like Ned so I'm not sure if she is gonna be attracted to a younger version of her father and Jon to a younger version of Cat.

This is an excellent point, and one that isn’t brought up enough. :cheers:

15 hours ago, Elegant Woes said:

Thirdly there is nothing suggest he can't fall for a more traditionally feminine woman. In fact I would argue that the warrior princess sounds like an ironic hint he might fall exactly for a woman like that. 

Jon clearly finds their warrior side attractive but of course it doesn't mean he can't fall for a more traditionally feminine woman just like how it's not impossible for Sansa to fall for a man different than her ideal type.

Sansa's crush on Waymar Royce is significant because of how she describes her feelings for him...

Well she has been constantly in and out of love with pretty boys so her crush on him when she was about 10 years old doesn't seem significant to me particularly since she has only mentioned him once in passing.

Perhaps to you it might not be meaningful, but the fact that GRRM chose to make Sansa have romantic feelings for this character is very significant to me.

Yeah tbh I don't find these clues convincing especially compare to the rival ship SanSan lol but to each their own ;)

6 hours ago, winter daughter said:

Obviously lol

Even if he does become KitN it's not a guarantee that he'll remain king. 4 Stark kids are alive and they're bound to return to their home so it's possible that he gives up his crown at some point and then he'll be free to marry whoever he wants and Val seems to be exactly his type.

The thing about Jon and Val that sticks out in my mind is Jon's reaction to Val's suggestion that Shireen be killed. Jon says he sees a side of her that he hasn't seen before.  Seems like that quelled any feelings he might have had for her, but maybe I am wrong. 

1 minute ago, Bear Claw said:

The thing about Jon and Val that sticks out in my mind is Jon's reaction to Val's suggestion that Shireen be killed. Jon says he sees a side of her that he hasn't seen before.  Seems like that quelled any feelings he might have had for her, but maybe I am wrong. 

For some reason I think being a bit um savage (for a lack of better word rn lol) doesn't really turn Jon off. Even though his heart and brain might pull him into different directions. But he also just considers, that the free folk have a different culture and different beliefs. There are reasons why Val thinks Shireen should be killed, she doesn't just like killing little girls lol

Sansa is obviously in... well... lust, or maybe love, with Sandor. They won't marry. (The Hound will probably die heroically.) Sansa's Closet in Feast heavily suggests that she will eventually wed Patrek Mallister. (That blue and silver dress would look great on her.)

Jon's favorite sister was the tomboy. His first lover was a spearwife. He's going to fall head over heels for the huntress. (And as a Targ, that would be fitting, since Jon and Meera are very likely third cousins.)

Archived