How likely is a Jon/Sansa match (aka Jonsa)?

Dot Com

6 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

For some reason I think being a bit um savage (for a lack of better word rn lol) doesn't really turn Jon off. Even though his heart and brain might pull him into different directions. But he also just considers, that the free folk have a different culture and different beliefs. There are reasons why Val thinks Shireen should be killed, she doesn't just like killing little girls lol

Maybe her comment is foreshadowing Val killing or having a hand in a future killing of Shireen, and then Jon having to act in judgment over Val? Seems like this comment is there for more than just a cultural difference as it involves major characters and a possible murder. I think more is to come out of it. 

1 minute ago, Ibbison from Ibben said:

Sansa is obviously in... well... lust, or maybe love, with Sandor.

I'm not so sure about that

2 minutes ago, Ibbison from Ibben said:

They won't marry.

It's just a theory, based on all the stuff I've provided - there are many theories :) 

3 minutes ago, Ibbison from Ibben said:

(The Hound will probably die heroically.)

Alright. Why?

4 minutes ago, Ibbison from Ibben said:

Sansa's Closet in Feast heavily suggests that she will eventually wed Patrek Mallister.

Wait what? Quote please! 

7 minutes ago, Ibbison from Ibben said:

Jon's favorite sister was the tomboy. His first lover was a spearwife. He's going to fall head over heels for the huntress. (And as a Targ, that would be fitting, since Jon and Meera are very likely third cousins.)

Hm, she for sure would be his type. But I don't want my boy Bran's heart to be broken :) In my head canon they'll be separated for a while and then meet again, when Bran is an adult in the epilogue... there is this thing about her brother though :( Kinda think Meera won't get together with any Stark/Snow or anyone else. Val seems most likely for Jon. I'm pretty convinced about it ever since reading the @The Fattest Leech 's theory about it and only Satin can make me sway :D

38 minutes ago, Bear Claw said:

The thing about Jon and Val that sticks out in my mind is Jon's reaction to Val's suggestion that Shireen be killed. Jon says he sees a side of her that he hasn't seen before.  Seems like that quelled any feelings he might have had for her, but maybe I am wrong. 

Maybe. But all in all I think they've a great chemistry and that this ship is much more possible than Jonsa or Jonarya.

1 minute ago, Dot Com said:

Val is Jon's parallel love interest to Daario, IMO. He might bang her but I doubt they'll end up together. "Warrior princess" is a clear allusion to Dany. 

Honestly there is just no way, that I can see this to become real meaningful love story between Jon and Dany in only two books left and they might not even meet in TWOW. And if it's not that, than I just prefer it to be platonic- why does it have to become romantic? so many reasons for it to be an even more interesting and compelling/complex relationship without adding romance- they have enough on their plates when it comes to war, politics, morals, ideologies...

Also I just don't see how they would even be each others types. Alright maybe Dany is everyone's type- but I feel like, it would be then mostly about looks and that wouldn't be that impactful. I afraid it might feel forced dunno

14 minutes ago, Dot Com said:

Val is Jon's parallel love interest to Daario, IMO. He might bang her but I doubt they'll end up together. "Warrior princess" is a clear allusion to Dany. 

I disagree. I mean, what about Dany suggests “warrior” to you?

from AFfC - Alayne I

(The Lords  from the Vale are coming to visit. Littlefinger has sent Sansa back to her room to change her dress since the one she was wearing was "too Tully".)

There was a gown of purple silk that gave her pause, and another of dark blue velvet slashed with silver that would have woken all the color in her eyes, but in the end she remembered that Alayne was after all a bastard, and must not presume to dress above her station. The dress she picked was lambswool, dark brown and simply cut, with leaves and vines embroidered around the bodice, sleeves, and hem in golden thread. It was modest and becoming, though scarce richer than something a serving girl might wear. Petyr had given her all of Lady Lysa's jewels as well, and she tried on several necklaces, but they all seemed ostentatious. In the end she chose a simple velvet ribbon in autumn gold. When Gretchel fetched her Lysa's silvered looking glass, the color seemed just perfect with Alayne's mass of dark brown hair. Lord Royce will never know me, she thought. Why, I hardly know myself.

Dresses are important to Sansa. The symbolism should be obvious. Purple is the color of royalty - she rejects it just as she rejected Joff. She dresses in brown, fitting for the bastard girl Alayne, since that is who she is pretending to be. But that blue and silver dress...

Blue and silver are the colors of House Mallister. This also matches Sansa's elemental alignment. She is Air - described as a little bird a little dove, who travels to the Eyrie to hang out with her cousin the Falcon Lord. The sigil of House Mallister is an eagle, of course.

10 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I agree with that. I mean from what we know of Daenerys, she has no fighting skills whatsoever and I think that Jorah made a big mistake not teaching her. A dragon can't get into close quarters and the Unsullied are doing about as well as swiss cheese.

10 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

Honestly there is just no way, that I can see this to become real meaningful love story between Jon and Dany in only two books left and they might not even meet in TWOW. And if it's not that, than I just prefer it to be platonic- why does it have to become romantic? so many reasons for it to be an even more interesting and compelling/complex relationship without adding romance- they have enough on their plates when it comes to war, politics, morals, ideologies...

Also I just don't see how they would even be each others types. Alright maybe Dany is everyone's type- but I feel like, it would be then mostly about looks and that wouldn't be that impactful. I afraid it might feel forced dunno

It could remain platonic but I do wonder if that elusive shadow lover that featured in her dreams in ASOS and ADWD could be Jon. I know people theorised about it being Euron but I don't think Jon should be ruled out.

As for Bran and Meera-

Meera was 15 when she arrived at Winterfell. By now she must be 16. Bran is "almost ten". Just because Meera is petite doesn't mean she isn't a normal 16 year old young woman.

I suspect TWoW is going to be a very tough book for Bran. The original Northern Love Triangle (Jon-Arya-Tyrion) will be replaced by the new NLT (Jon-Meera -Bran), and Bran will be the loser.

18 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

She's not a warrior in the traditional sense but she has exactly the type of active personality that Jon was referring to in that passage. It's just that dragons are her weapons, not swords. 

1 minute ago, violentdelights said:

It could remain platonic but I do wonder if that elusive shadow lover that featured in her dreams in ASOS and ADWD could be Jon. I know people theorised about it being Euron but I don't think Jon should be ruled out.

I mean, I think it will become a romance as well, but I'd prefer it to be just platonic. And I'm a bit afraid, since I'm not so convinced about the couples GRRM has given us until now. 

But maybe there will be something special, that connect Jon and Dany and makes it all impactful and meaningful, that we just don't know about yet. I just think that might be difficult to develop in just one/two books

Further support for SanPat-

Edmure Tully seems a very good candidate to die without issue, which would mean the extinction of House Tully. The Freys must be utterly destroyed because - because. What house will be in the best position to take over the Riverlands?

House Mallister.

25 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

Honestly there is just no way, that I can see this to become real meaningful love story between Jon and Dany in only two books left and they might not even meet in TWOW.

That's fair, but the same can really be said of anything. According to GRRM's original plan we still have the Dance of Dragons 2.0 and the War for the Dawn to get through, and I don't see both can be satisfyingly portrayed in 2 books. 

6 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

I mean, I think it will become a romance as well, but I'd prefer it to be just platonic. And I'm a bit afraid, since I'm not so convinced about the couples GRRM has given us until now. 

But maybe there will be something special, that connect Jon and Dany and makes it all impactful and meaningful, that we just don't know about yet. I just think that might be difficult to develop in just one/two books

I understand. I also worry about the limited time and I'd like to counter with Ygritte and Jon's romance that developed within the span of a few chapters, but, both Jon and Dany have a lot of ground to cover in their chapters and I don't even think they'll meet until the end of Winds. 

2 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

lol  Maybe it would be better, if I don't learn about it. @Mystical will be angry with me again for trying to figure out with whom she'll end up with :laugh:

Nah, you do you lol. I'm just not interested in that part of her story because it's been so much (too much actually) the focus of her story already that I'm tired of it. Sansa has things to do, to learn and to accomplish and I rather read about that than marriages, crushes, creeps or pedos. Don't get me started about GRRM having upped the ante in that regard with the Vale story (LF, Harry AND SR). The character won't go anywhere if it doesn't change and that would suck. Since Sansa becoming LF's understudy is such a well of potential storytelling. The rest is not needed.

But when it comes to J/S, as I've said already, I blame that thing that has actors in it. Before that J/S shippers were probably a very rare breed I'd imagine.

6 minutes ago, Ibbison from Ibben said:

As for Bran and Meera-

Meera was 15 when she arrived at Winterfell. By now she must be 16. Bran is "almost ten". Just because Meera is petite doesn't mean she isn't a normal 16 year old young woman.

did I suggest differently? lol

I suspect TWoW is going to be a very tough book for Bran. The original Northern Love Triangle (Jon-Arya-Tyrion) will be replaced by the new NLT (Jon-Meera -Bran), and Bran will be the loser.

I feel like there is just nothing, that would suggests that. 

Jon-Arya-Tyrion became Cersei -Jaime IMO and also IMO we should stop holding on to the outline- in the end there is no reason to believe anything of it will make it into the main story. It's sort of reading tea leaves for the future.

And I also feel like Meera should not be involved with someone, who ate her brother or even with the brother of who ate her brother. Even though I love Bran and actually would be really happy for him to be with someone great like Meera in the future.

I also don't think, that after all Jon will have been through up until then, he would throw himself into a love-triangle with his brother. He's more the guy to step back in favor of his siblings

Archived