How likely is a Jon/Sansa match (aka Jonsa)?

Dot Com

2 hours ago, Mystical said:

I was aware of the first one but not the latter two.

Excuse me...*grabs vomit bucket*

The latter two are crackships, IMHO.

Sansa/Arya usually involves Sansa having feelings for Arya, which greatly shame her, before Arya makes a move on her.

8 hours ago, Stormourne said:

If we're honest, the only logical starkcest scenario is the one between Jon and Arya, who we know were the original intended incest couple in the novels before the plot changed heavily.

It’s not so much that the plot “changed”, but rather that Martin wrote the outline b/c his publisher (or whoever) really, really wanted an outline. Martin said he was “making shit up”. 

He seems to have liked the idea of a non-Targ (at least not officially seen as Targs) pair of siblings shagging like bunny rabbits in heat though. And yes, that’s Jaime and Cersei. I mean, Cersei didn’t even exist in that “outline”. 

The most interesting thing he did w/ all of this IMO is that we have the best big bro-little sis relationship in the books between Jon and Arya, who aren’t siblings. And Jaime and Cersei, who are siblings, have the worst, most toxic sexual relationship in the story. 

So, yeah, Jon is not gonna engage in any type of sibling-fucking w/ either of his sisters - I know they’re cousins, but they grew up believing they’re siblings. 

Here The Fattest Leech reports what GRRM had to say about the outline. And he also had stuff to say about Jon and Arya's romantic potential. IMO it sounds more like, that Jon was attracted to Ygritte, because he recognized some qualities in her, that he was most familiar and most comfortable with, but that doesn't have anything to do with him potentially being attracted to Arya herself later.

Honestly, I find that quite realistic, I do think, that our early, family relationships influence what kind of people we later find romantically attractive.

https://fattestleechoficeandfire.com/2018/04/23/my-time-with-grrm-at-balticon/

"No, we had to have an outline. So I wrote two pages, a two-page thing about what I thought would happen. It’ll be a trilogy, it’ll be three books, Game of Thrones, the Dance with Dragons, and Winds of Winter. Those were the three window titles. And, uh, it’ll be three books and this’ll happen, and this’ll happen, and this’ll happen. And I was making up shit.

And I started writing the books. And in the process, I pretty much disregarded the outline. The characters took me off in entirely different directionsSo, for 20 years I had forgotten that that two-page thing even existed. And then someone in my British publisher, HarperCollins, they got a new office building, uh, brand new offices, and new conference rooms, big conference rooms that they decorated with books and stuff like that. And they named the conference rooms after the writers, so one of the conference rooms [?], and they put up these plastic display cases, including the outline. The two-page outline, yes. [?], they didn’t ask my permission, they just put it up. And in that two-page outline, Jon and Arya become a romantic item.”

“You know, I don’t think it’s a reference for that [for romance]. It’s a reference to a certain physical type, and  a certain indication of what Jon finds admirable. It’s like someone who reminds you of, you know… Other people might be put off by this, you know, hair that looks like small rodents have been living in there. It doesn’t put him off because he is used to that.””

On 4/26/2020 at 6:01 PM, Nagini's Neville said:

“You know, I don’t think it’s a reference for that [for romance]. It’s a reference to a certain physical type, and  a certain indication of what Jon finds admirable. It’s like someone who reminds you of, you know… Other people might be put off by this, you know, hair that looks like small rodents have been living in there. It doesn’t put him off because he is used to that.””

Yep. One more hint.

ACoK, Bran IV

"He wouldn't hurt you. He knows I like you." All of the other lords and knights had departed within a day or two of the harvest feast, but the Reeds had stayed to become Bran's constant companions. Jojen was so solemn that Old Nan called him "little grandfather," but Meera reminded Bran of his sister Arya. She wasn't scared to get dirty, and she could run and fight and throw as good as a boy. She was older than Arya, though; almost sixteen, a woman grown. They were both older than Bran, even though his ninth name day had finally come and gone, but they never treated him like a child.

10 minutes ago, Ibbison from Ibben said:

but Meera reminded Bran of his sister Arya. She wasn't scared to get dirty, and she could run and fight and throw as good as a boy. She was older than Arya, though; almost sixteen, a woman grown.

Thank you! Right! nobody ever mentions that. So no romance for Bran and Arya? lol They are closer in age..:lol:

12 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

Thank you! Right! nobody ever mentions that. So no romance for Bran and Arya? lol They are closer in age..:lol:

Bran will be heartbroken, but GRRM likes writing about that. He puts his favorite characters through hell. We know that.

Arya will find romance. True love, in fact, because GRRM likes irony. Sansa has longed for True Love her entire life, and in the end will make a political marriage with Patrek Mallister. Though hard work, they will eventually find love.

Arya will be the one who finds True Love, with Gendry's little brother, Edric Storm.

1 hour ago, Ibbison from Ibben said:

Bran will be heartbroken, but GRRM likes writing about that. He puts his favorite characters through hell. We know that.

Arya will find romance. True love, in fact, because GRRM likes irony. Sansa has longed for True Love her entire life, and in the end will make a political marriage with Patrek Mallister. Though hard work, they will eventually find love.

Arya will be the one who finds True Love, with Gendry's little brother, Edric Storm.

You're like a true fortune teller lol

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2020 at 4:01 PM, Nagini's Neville said:

It’s like someone who reminds you of, you know… Other people might be put off by this, you know, hair that looks like small rodents have been living in there

If Jon's sexuality is women with small rodents living in their hair, I think he'll be unlucky in love for most of the series.

It can go another way too. Lady Sansa Stark Lannister, Lady of Casterly Rock.

I'm a Stark fan boy and like Tyrion too, but still think that some good will come out of this marriage which was originally intended as a claim and to conveniently finish off many birds with one stone (not only for Tywin but also LF) 

I think that Sansa will finally accept Tyrion as her husband and grow to love him because she has understood that external looks hide ugliness and life is not a fairytale. He was kind to her and this marriage will reconcile the Westerlands and North at the end of the series. 

Same for Jaime. Cersei's a bitch and he is slowly understanding that. He will love Brienne and not give a shit about her looks and she in return..... and there will be a tragic ending for those two. Not Cersei. She will die too, by the valonqar who ever/whatever it is, but she'll not die with Jaime as she expects/wants. 

P. S. I have an idea that the valonqar is the youngest dragon of Dany and it will cause the eruption of Dragonstone and the above said characters will did there(not Sansa and Tyrion) The Painted Table will go the way of the Round Table of King Arthur and its destruction will symbolically split the kingdoms back into 7. Then it's QUEEN SANSA to us. 

You are not stirring thin pot it's possible 

I see people asking for in-story evidence 

When Robert arrives at Winterfell to make Ned the Hand of the King, Jon is very disappointed with his appearance (he was fat and physically unfit, very unlike how he is depicted during Robert's Rebellion). He compares Robert's appearance to Jaimie who he considers to look like a king but has a different opinion on Joffrey.They have very similar looks and at that point in the story both were depicted as morally-questionable yet while Jon is visibly very impressed with Jamie, he can't stand Joffrey. At that moment of the story Sansa spends a lot of time with Joffrey and also gushing all starry-eyed at  him

Plus he describes her as “radiant” at one point which is strange to say to a sister. Speaking about looks, Jon has a very particular bond with redheads while Sansa was said to have a crush on Waymar Royce, a young knight who visited Winterfell before taking the black, at the start of the book. Waymar Royce was described as “dark haired, grey eyed, and slender as a knife”, a description similar to Jon's

4 hours ago, Yashi said:

Plus he describes her as “radiant” at one point which is strange to say to a sister. Speaking about looks, Jon has a very particular bond with redheads while Sansa was said to have a crush on Waymar Royce, a young knight who visited Winterfell before taking the black, at the start of the book. Waymar Royce was described as “dark haired, grey eyed, and slender as a knife”, a description similar to Jon's

Well, none of this convinces me. We don't know that Jon has "a thing" for redheads, just that he loved this particular redhead. And Sansa is no redhead -- she's just got reddish highlights. Also, Sansa hates Jon as a bastard, because she's a snob. The fact that Jon's "a type" is not relevant to her. After all, she later has a thing for Loras Tyrell, and he's got brown hair and youthful slenderness. And let's not mention her "love" for Joffrey with his golden curls and wormy lips.

Not only do I deplore the very idea of Jon and Sansa hitting it off, I don't see evidence in the text that it's a possibility.

3 minutes ago, zandru said:

Well, none of this convinces me. We don't know that Jon has "a thing" for redheads, just that he loved this particular redhead. And Sansa is no redhead -- she's just got reddish highlights. Also, Sansa hates Jon as a bastard, because she's a snob. The fact that Jon's "a type" is not relevant to her. After all, she later has a thing for Loras Tyrell, and he's got brown hair and youthful slenderness. And let's not mention her "love" for Joffrey with his golden curls and wormy lips.

Not only do I deplore the very idea of Jon and Sansa hitting it off, I don't see evidence in the text that it's a possibility.

Funnily enough, the fact that Jon and Sansa weren't close growing up is one of the reasons why people support the idea of a relationship between them.

1 hour ago, Angel Eyes said:

Funnily enough, the fact that Jon and Sansa weren't close growing up is one of the reasons why people support the idea of a relationship between them.

Heh. It's the standard Hollywood plotline: people who just automatically hate, hate, hate one another are always deeply in love. (Assuming each is comely enough and doesn't wear glasses, of course.)   ;-)

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2020 at 6:03 PM, winter daughter said:

Just one trip to AO3 and nothing will surprise you anymore lol

"I got that beat" as Rod Steiger said in Jaws.

I just came across a Jon Snow/Daenerys/Rhaella menage a trois.  And, it has about 60,000 hits.

Archived