How likely is a Jon/Sansa match (aka Jonsa)?

Dot Com

On 3/30/2020 at 9:58 PM, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Like on a scale of Rhaego being alive to R+L=J

I absolutely love this. I shall use this scale ro judge all and every asoiaf theory I come across henceforth. Thank you. 

On 3/31/2020 at 6:42 AM, Nagini's Neville said:

I really don't understand how the Ashford Theory stood the test of time. It's just so obviously false! An Arryn is missing! Lysa Arryn wanted Sansa to marry Sweetrobin, the same way the Tyrells wanted her to marry Willas.

" “A child?” said Sansa, uncertainly. Lysa waved a hand negligently. “Not for many years. You are too young to be a mother. One day you shall want children, though. Just as you will want to marry.”

“I … I am married, my lady.” “Yes, but soon a widow. Be glad the Imp preferred his whores. It would not be fitting for my son to take that dwarf’s leavings, but as he never touched you … How would you like to marry your cousin, the Lord Robert?” " "I see no reason why you should not be wed as soon as we know that your Lannister husband is dead. A secret wedding, to be sure. The Lord of the Eyrie could scarcely be thought to have married a bastard, that would not be fitting. The ravens should bring us the word from King’s Landing once the Imp’s head rolls. You and Robert can be wed the next day, won’t that be joyous?"

"Gratitude will better become you, in your present circumstances. Yes, and obedience. My son will have a grateful and obedient wife.” "

Sansa 7, A Storm of Swords

So either GRRM has forgotten that himself or the Ashford Tourney holds no foreshadowing for Sansa's future at all.

Wasn't that book written in 1998? 

Maybe GRRM forgot when he was writing ASOS and put in that throw away line in before axing Lysa. 

2 hours ago, Nathan Stark said:

I think these books have us so spoiled on Targaryen and Lannister incest that we assume the Stark siblings are capable of it too.

I rate this theory 10 Nopes.

The Starks have committed incest too; two of Cregan Stark’s sons married their nieces by their brother Rickon and Ned Stark’s parents are first cousins.

On 8/28/2020 at 4:19 AM, Jeeves said:

Jonarya is much, much more likely. 

:bang: IIRC there is/was a separate thread for that. You can rant there all you like with fellow haters.

And since you "KNOW EVERYTHING, WE CAN GO AHEAD AND ASK", I will..

...Are you such a prejudiced hater (i first typed something different)? for real? (With all DUE respect)...(no offence)...ok im kidding about that no offence part

• 4 months later...
On 3/30/2020 at 4:06 PM, Alyn Oakenfist said:

First thing first the thought is kinda disturbing given that they are cousins and have spent their whole childhood together. Also, I don't see a single narrative reason why this would happen. Sansa's story has been very focused on how shitty marriage is in Westeros, so to have her finally discover happiness with her cousin no less through marriage just doesn't fit the character.

Here's the problem though, if she marries Jon she's not the one continuing the Starks, Jon is. So your whole point only serves to demonstrate that given how she will be the salvation of house Stark, she'll marry someone who isn't a Stark.

Johanna and tywin  were first cousins and raised together. Lyranna and rickard stark were cousins. Redwyne current lord and wife are first cousins...this is based loosely on the war of roses it ended with a first cousin marriage

On 8/27/2020 at 7:00 PM, SeanF said:
On 4/23/2020 at 8:03 PM, winter daughter said:

Just one trip to AO3 and nothing will surprise you anymore lol

"I got that beat" as Rod Steiger said in Jaws.

I just came across a Jon Snow/Daenerys/Rhaella menage a trois.  And, it has about 60,000 hits.

I don't understand most of your post, but that thing. That thing scares me...

And also, because I'm completely immature, here are 10 jokes about it

1. Is that Gonzo's nose in your pants, or are just happy it's Thanksgiving?
  2. You see, this is what happens when you use ancestry.com instead of Tinder
  3. Sometimes, when you're making out with your girl, you just need to tell her mom and your grandma that you want to keep it simple today
  4. Dany (moaning): Go get mom, she'll love this
  5. If they ever break up at least they're still family
  6. Remember Jon, "Dracarys" comes last
  7. When you score two girls at a party, but you remember that this is grandma's private birthday gathering
  8. Just remember, the closer the kin, the deeper it's in
  9. Major Jon to ground control, I think my dragon knows which way to go
  10. Dany always did like dragon eggs

Now, you might say this is immature, but remember, humor is relative.

Jonsa is called crackship because it is stillborn. 

Half of the arguments are baseless interpretations and the remaining half are actually stolen from Jonrya arguments, I would say.

As an example, "What do you know about my heart?" they use the sentence for Jonsa. It is a very clear statement in this sentence for Arya, it does not mean anything to them. GRRM points out the similarity of her hair with Arya, saying Ygritte is the type of woman Jon feels comfortable with, but they say, "Jon loves the red woman!" they translate.

The more Jon and Cersei relationship is possible, the more possible the relationship between Jon and Sansa is.

2 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I don't understand most of your post, but that thing. That thing scares me...

And also, because I'm completely immature, here are 10 jokes about it

1. Is that Gonzo's nose in your pants, or are just happy it's Thanksgiving?
  2. You see, this is what happens when you use ancestry.com instead of Tinder
  3. Sometimes, when you're making out with your girl, you just need to tell her mom and your grandma that you want to keep it simple today
  4. Dany (moaning): Go get mom, she'll love this
  5. If they ever break up at least they're still family
  6. Remember Jon, "Dracarys" comes last
  7. When you score two girls at a party, but you remember that this is grandma's private birthday gathering
  8. Just remember, the closer the kin, the deeper it's in
  9. Major Jon to ground control, I think my dragon knows which way to go
  10. Dany always did like dragon eggs

Now, you might say this is immature, but remember, humor is relative.

It’s even worse than a Rhaegar/ Rhaella fic. At least that’s only one incestuous pairing, rather than three.

15 minutes ago, SeanF said:

It’s even worse than a Rhaegar/ Rhaella fic. At least that’s only one incestuous pairing, rather than three.

First off, by fic, I presume you mean fan fiction, right?

Second off, why the ever loving fuck would anybody write something like this? Eh, who am I kidding this is the internet. Just more proof for rule 34.

On 1/29/2021 at 5:30 AM, Sansaissteel said:

Johanna and tywin  were first cousins and raised together. Lyranna and rickard stark were cousins. Redwyne current lord and wife are first cousins...this is based loosely on the war of roses it ended with a first cousin marriage

First cousin marriages marriages aren't the problem for me. it's not illegal in my country I guess because Queen Victoria, who married her cousin, was still on the throne when Australia became a federated nation. The problem is that they were raised as brother and sister and I don't think that can be put that aside just because they find out they are cousins.  Plus they didn't seem to be that close as brother and sister so I don't see anything to suggest that they would suddenly be compatible as lovers.

1 hour ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

Please stop. Why do people keep defiling families? Incest is illegal and a deadly sin. Why do people think that the Starks will turn into Targaryens with brother sister copulation?

Oh well, could be worse. Wait till you see the Jon and Arya stuff.

That one is so much more disturbing because not only is the age difference a massive problem (Arya is 11 at the end of ADWD), but they have the closest sibling relationship out of all the Stark.

However what makes that one even worse, is not only how popular it is, but the little hints sprinkled throughout AGOT and ACOK, back when GRRM was still considering it. Yuck!

Please stop. Why do people keep defiling families? Incest is illegal and a deadly sin. Why do people think that the Starks will turn into Targaryens with brother sister copulation?

Also, to be entirely fair, Jon and Sansa is the only one that has a very, very small chance of happening (like smaller than Cersei's IQ), if Jon becomes King very early in TWOW, R+L=J is revealed and he needs some way to shore up the North. Though given where the story is heading that is definitely not happening. Still, it's not as out there as Jon and Arya.

I think that among some of the Westerosi nobility, incest is seen as the game that all the family can play.  Arianne fantasises about her uncle.  It seems to be quite widespread among House Frey.  There's Jaime and Cersei, obviously.  The Starks have had avuncular marriages.  Euron molested Aeron, and there seem to be hints that Joffrey molested Tommen.  Lyonel Hightower had six children with his step-mother.

2 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:
1 hour ago, SeanF said:

there seem to be hints that Joffrey molested Tommen. 

Please elaborate

Yeah, don't get me wrong, he's a sadistic shit, that would have gotten to that sooner or later, but Pete's sake, he's 13 when he dies, I don't think he had time to get to that yet. Also Tyrion deffo would have known.

Archived