Acrophilia #21 - Connections - Round 3

Julia H.

Acrophilia #21 is ready to take off! Jump on board if you want to take part in the journey - the sooner you sign up, the sooner we can start! 

Here is a quick rundown of the game (copied from Gabe's Acrophilia #20 with some modifications):

To sign up, each player should send me (the host, Julia H.) a private message entitled Acrophilia #21 + <their board name>. All players will be assigned a character privately. The player’s task is to create a clue to the given character using one of three publicly provided acronyms. Each word in the clue must have a first letter that corresponds with the sequence of letters in the acronym. Words used must have definitions that are easily searchable. Proper nouns from the ASOIAF world or direct references to sigils are not allowed in the clues. Special care should be taken to produce a clue that fits the answer better than any other character in the ASOIAF world. The acceptability of the submitted clue will be determined by the host, who may ask for an explanation to the clue’s workings. You may be given a week or so to produce an acceptable clue.

Once the deadline has passed and all clues are ratified, the clues will be published on the thread. Players wil have to solve the clues (guess the characters), and there will also be some kind of puzzle to work out, a theme or link encompassing all of the answers. Working this out will make it easier to answer the harder clues. All guessing must take place via personal messaging to the host. Players must not reveal their guesses or their authorship of a clue on the board.  

There will be five rounds. Individual rounds may have differences for the sake of balancing difficulty levels if that's what the host wants. In general, however, players will have a preliminary round of guessing before the final round, where the host will tell them how many of their guesses are correct (but not which ones), as well as other moves (such as yes-no questions) - possibly varying from round to round. 

Finally, after the deadline passes and the answers are revealed, a short spell to finish off your clues for the next round will take place, during which you may vote for a favourite clue. The host will count up the points and then release the clues for the next round.

The winner of the game is the player with the most points at the end of the game. 

Guessing the clues: 2 points for each correct answer

Guessing the theme: 4 points for a correct answer (fewer points may be awarded for getting close to the theme)

Guessing the mini-theme: 1 point for each correct answer (not always applicable)

Favourite clue: 1 point for each vote (only for players who have also voted!)

PLAYERS LIST

Fragile Bird

Eternally_His

Dolorous Gabe

Castellan

honeyed chicken

Ser Not Appearing

Jez Bell

She who must be Obeyed

rocksniffer

a free shadow

Sorry, I'm incredibly busy

:P

Of course I shall play and fail miserably again

Also, just gonna send out a signal to @a free shadow in case there is some horcrux left over intact somewhere 

I shall also reach out to Jez Bell on another platform of online civilization.

15 minutes ago, Eternally_His said:

I'll play.

How many players are needed before the game starts?

Well, the more the merrier, but I hope for at least 6 or 7 players 

37 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Sorry, I'm incredibly busy

:P

Of course I shall play and fail miserably again

:D :cheers:

37 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Also, just gonna send out a signal to @a free shadow in case there is some horcrux left over intact somewhere 

I shall also reach out to Jez Bell on another platform of online civilization.

Great idea!

16 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

I'm in, and of course shall bravely vie for last again. :)

...as i climb out of my dungeon i see my Brother Chick is trying to beat me to the bottom...all i can say is...

...watch for falling rock :devil:

...and of course i am in

:smoking:

Archived