Acrophilia #21 - Connections - Round 3

Julia H.

1 minute ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

Prospective fans ... the people I know would love me if I was just not me enough to finish.

I am a fan of your wit. 

5 hours ago, Eternally_His said:

But isn't solving the clues the purpose of this game? :wideeyed:

Wow, you are confused @Eternally_His, this game, like all the others I play at least, is not just abut the game but being together exchanging ideas and thoughts about the clues, the game, the world and life. It is the reason I allowed my N'onc Sniffer to convince me to participate all those yrs ago and I still enjoy it. No one is more competitive than I am but this is what a good friend told me about the Games Forum - Lighten up and have fun! B)

As to the topic that is not the topic - I was given a chapter to read recently by N'onc and it turned out to be a great start to a good story. I am intrigued by the parts I read and I have been encouraging the editorial helper :rolleyes: to get on the stick, give the critique so the talented author can get on with it!

Spoiler

@Ser Not Appearing, I think it is going well and I agree with @Castellan that your wit rings true here and in the chapter I read. I am happy to tell you that I will keep his feet to the fire! :P

2 hours ago, She who must be Obeyed said:

As to the topic that is not the topic - I was given a chapter to read recently by N'onc and it turned out to be a great start to a good story. I am intrigued by the parts I read and I have been encouraging the editorial helper :rolleyes: to get on the stick, give the critique so the talented author can get on with it!

Reveal hidden contents

@Ser Not Appearing, I think it is going well and I agree with @Castellan that your wit rings true here and in the chapter I read. I am happy to tell you that I will keep his feet to the fire! :P

Wow. Sharing my not-a-story on the dark web. Do hackers have no shame?

29 minutes ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

Good books find their readers. It is known.

33 minutes ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

What is this dark web and how can I get in on it?  Do I need a cool hacker name first?

51 minutes ago, Jez Bell said:

What is this dark web and how can I get in on it?  Do I need a cool hacker name first?

I'll tell you.

For three easy payment of $9.95.

Plus $25 shipping.

Order now and I'll throw in 'Dark Jokes' the funniest compilation of the best jokes the dark web has to offer. This is a $13 dollar value.

2 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

I'll tell you.

For three easy payment of $9.95.

Plus $25 shipping.

Order now and I'll throw in 'Dark Jokes' the funniest compilation of the best jokes the dark web has to offer. This is a $13 dollar value.

Does it need to be sterilized on delivery?  

3 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

I think the answer to #3 is Franz the Lighter.

He only appears in the most recent sample chapter that GRRM posted on the dark web in response to my book. But he's cannon, nonetheless.

And I'm positive the answer to #6 is Morticia from the Addams Family.

But enough of being serious and clue-centric.

I'd offer to read what you've written as well . . . but you see, I have this habit. Somewhere in my documents hidden away in a corner of my GOT folder is part of a book sent me by a spammer on TTTNE some years ago. He first sent me a few pages. I read them and sent back some comments. He sent me a few more and I read & commented on those as well. Then he sent me a couple of chapters . . .and they're sitting in a folder untouched and unread. Did the same thing with my sis-in-law's partner, Sue - got a half a book in storage somewhere.

Oth, my brother wrote a book about our childhood in Vermont and I read and commented at length on that. You can see the book here

He's also written a book on punk bands if you're into that kind of thing. I've read parts of it (doesn't seem to be available online yet -though i have a copy).

So . . . you may not want to send me your writings, though it sounds good. And keep it up. GRRM isn't writing - so someone must.

13 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

Only if you're a weak willed person, easily moved to fear things based on mere science and reason.

Are science and reason key factors in this thing called the "dark web"?

23 hours ago, She who must be Obeyed said:

Reveal hidden contents

...don't be snitchin' on me... :whip:

20 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

...no shame whatsoever... :lmao:

Archived