Acrophilia #21 - Connections - Round 3

Julia H.

ROUND 3

In this round, we return to the classic game structure. There is just one theme. You can have a character prelims round, two prelims rounds for the theme and a (free) yes/no question regarding the character clues. The theme may be a bit trickier this round (or I may be mistaken). This theme probably will not show up readily in the wiki, so reading the original text will be necessary. Listen to the characters, and keep in mind the title of this Acrophilia game.  

ROUND 3 CLUES

1. In crossing, master-at-arms undulates greenly.

2. Insufferably cautious(?). Makes unacceptable groom.

3. Insidiously conveyed misrepresented, urbane greetings

4. Re-lives intense memories, the elusive seasons in (adolescent) love.

5. Rhyme I might. To escape. Still, I am lost.

6. Ingenious cripple married unfamiliar girl.

7. Kingly aristocrat osculates (onerous FEMALE!!). Kisses “tepid”.

8. Riddle is "mints". (That's extra sentence in additional letters).

9. "Knights appreciate oaths over fortunes.  Kind Thanks!"

10. Known abdicator ordered others found. Knifed treacherously!

Theme: ???

Deadline: Wednesday, May 6th (10 p.m. Central European Time). 

:cheers:  ...thanks to everyone who used quotes...

i better find those words spoken/thought by someone on a page in the text or on the wiki...

...so sayeth your resident assholish member of the grammar gestapo...

:smoking:

5 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I have the answer to #4

It's every damn character in the entire frickin' story!

yes when I got to my first five possibles I just set it aside for the time being. Must find theme! This round is a combination of answers leaping out at me and others I think I won't get in a million years.

PS On second glance, two answers leap out at me for some of the 'easier' ones.

7 hours ago, a free shadow said:

all answers all available on the Brocken mountain tonight, if you are up to travel :ninja: 

I see it is a good place for you, because of the Brocken spectre - a strange effect on a person's shadow. They don't say what happens to free shadows. 

Looking at these clues I feel like I could nail 6 or 7 of them on the first go . . . .but then I'll send in my prelims and the bubble will burst. Now if someone would tell me the theme, I might just have a chance . . .

No, don't do that - I was kidding! :P

2 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

Looking at these clues I feel like I could nail 6 or 7 of them on the first go . . . .but then I'll send in my prelims and the bubble will burst. Now if someone would tell me the theme, I might just have a chance . . .

No, don't do that - I was kidding! :P

Hey, if someone wants to send me the theme....

:crying:

I'm not going to send the theme :P to anyone, however, I can give you all some (little) help with finding it (besides the hint above). So I will tell you this:

I could easily have had subgroups with mini-themes in this round as well, but I didn't want to because some of the characters would have been alone in their groups, so you couldn't get those mini-themes without getting the theme first. Still, it might be helpful to know how the characters could be put into groups with regard to the theme. Here it is:

1, 3, 5, 10 (There is one more character in the books that would fit this group, but I don't want you to get bored of this character's frequent appearance in this game these days, so this character was left out.)

2, 6, 7, 9 (There is one more character in the books that might fit this theme at first glance - but if a certain fan theory is correct, then said character does not really fit. So, to be on the safe side, this character was left out.)

1 hour ago, Julia H. said:

I'm not going to send the theme :P to anyone, however, I can give you all some (little) help with finding it (besides the hint above). So I will tell you this:

I could easily have had subgroups with mini-themes in this round as well, but I didn't want to because some of the characters would have been alone in their groups, so you couldn't get those mini-themes without getting the theme first. Still, it might be helpful to know how the characters could be put into groups with regard to the theme. Here it is:

1, 3, 5, 10 (There is one more character in the books that would fit this group, but I don't want you to get bored of this character's frequent appearance in this game these days, so this character was left out.)

2, 6, 7, 9 (There is one more character in the books that might fit this theme at first glance - but if a certain fan theory is correct, then said character does not really fit. So, to be on the safe side, this character was left out.)

This may actually help!!!

I had a feeling there were groups here . . . oh, wait. "Upon further review" (an NFL ref for American sports fans) your groupings are not the ones I was seeing . . . hmmm.

:rofl:

11 hours ago, Eternally_His said:

No one finds my posts funny. Well, that's what I get for trying to lighten the mood/make jokes, I guess.

Wanted to, but feels like another clue to unravel. Sorry.

Round 4 characters have been sent out.

The acronyms are:

KIC

ARCWU

LEYRIAF

The deadline is Friday, 8th May (8 p.m. Central European Time).

Archived