Weirdest crack ship in the fandom?

Alyn Oakenfist

So after yesterday's forum on Jonsa, I was wondering which are the weirdest ships in ASOIAF? Jonsa is plenty unnerving, Jonya is even more so (especially if you follow Glidus). But besides those two that are pretty common, which other ships are there that are just as or even more unnerving? The ones I've heard about are Littlefinger and Sansa and Tyrion and Sansa, but other then that I've not been active enough in the community to know them. So what other crack ships do you know?

38 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

So after yesterday's forum on Jonsa, I was wondering which are the weirdest ships in ASOIAF? Jonsa is plenty unnerving, Jonya is even more so (especially if you follow Glidus). But besides those two that are pretty common, which other ships are there that are just as or even more unnerving? The ones I've heard about are Littlefinger and Sansa and Tyrion and Sansa, but other then that I've not been active enough in the community to know them. So what other crack ships do you know?

Dany and Jaime.

32 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

Edmure and Sansa lol

Ah yes even non Targ ships have to be incestuous.

17 minutes ago, King17 said:

Sansa and stannis

3 minutes ago, Daemon The Black Dragon said:

Dany and Jaime

Just how??? And why??

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

All of them? 

Not 100% sure about that. There some of them like FAegon and Arianne that are almost definitely happening. Though from what I see almost all of the crack ships out there are Stark related with usually some incest thrown in.

14 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Not 100% sure about that. There some of them like FAegon and Arianne that are almost definitely happening. Though from what I see almost all of the crack ships out there are Stark related with usually some incest thrown in.

Well, the way I look at it is, if there’s textual support, hints and clues, it’s not a crack ship but something the author put there for a reason. Therefore all crack ships are weird, b//c they reflect something a fan or a group of fans want to see happen despite the lack of textual support for it. 

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Well, the way I look at it is, if there’s textual support, hints and clues, it’s not a crack ship but something the author put there for a reason. Therefore all crack ships are weird, b//c they reflect something a fan or a group of fans want to see happen despite the lack of textual support for it. 

Yeah, I guess you're right on this one. If it has textual (or meta textual) evidence then it's just a normal ship, not a crack ship.

23 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

you can just put all the asoiaf names in a bowl and always pick two (or three- you know dragon has 3 heads :D) and I guarantee to you everything has been shipped before lol even the unspeakable 

1 minute ago, Nagini's Neville said:

you can just put all the asoiaf names in a bowl and always pick two (or three- you know dragon has 3 heads :D) and I guarantee to you everything has been shipped before lol even the unspeakable 

Well let's get a list of chracters and random.org and we get....

Ned, Jon Arryn and Tyrion. I dunno about the Tyrion part but I think there probably is some Ned-Jon Arryn fan-fics out there because ya know, the Internet.

Am I the only one that thinks half of these Sansa crack ship ideas (including Jonsa) really are thanks to the unmentionable abomination?  Jonsa especially seems to stem from that, after certain seasons and actors aging up, but for ole time book purposes I will say:  I find the Jon and Satin idea to be a crackship.  Jon's chapters for the longest time are the only place GRRM has to offer up a description of Satin.  That, and the fact that Jon is a decent person to him...........leads some to that ship o' the cracked.  That's off the top of my head, I'm starting a reread through this not so fun social distancing period, I'll see if I come up with some others.  Honestly, though, I think half the crack ships, and most of the 'newer' Sansa ones come from the Abominably Unmentionable. 

@Lady Fevre Dream Actually no. The majority of the Sansa crack ship primarily comes from the books only fandom. Certain people have been enthusiastically shipping Sansa with men who are way older than her and other people, primarily the haters, assumed it was normal and responded to that by shipping her with other adult men: Stannis, Davos, Jaime etc. By no means am I excusing the abomination only fandom, they are quite sick too, but the way Sansa has been looked at as a object to validate the feelings of their favorite male character comes from this section. 

1 minute ago, Elegant Woes said:

@Lady Fevre Dream Actually no. The majority of the Sansa crack ship primarily comes from the books only fandom. Certain people have been enthusiastically shipping Sansa with men who are her father's age and other people, primarily the haters, assumed it was normal and responded to that by shipping her with other adult men: Stannis, Davos, Jaime etc. By no means am I excusing the abomination only fandom, they are quite sick too, but the way Sansa has been looked at as a object to validate the feelings of their favorite male character comes from this section. 

I will admit, I don't keep up much with every idea written around here lately.  I've been here since 2012, and I honestly cannot recall ever having seen the idea of Jon and Sansa before the show's maybe.......5th season?  Granted, I'd seen many ideas thrown out over the years, but for an idea that has traction with more than a few people, like the Jonsa one, it's hard not to think that it comes from combo fans, not just book fans. 

There are many here who have been around longer than me, I'd be interested in their ideas, as I cannot recall how far back the search function for threads even goes.  I'm honestly not certain I'd really ever seen the idea of Jonsa here on the book side before a certain period in the show. 

19 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Am I the only one that thinks half of these Sansa crack ship ideas (including Jonsa) really are thanks to the unmentionable abomination? 

Nope, you are not alone. :cheers:

There were always weird ships everywhere, but Jonsa was dialled up to 11 thanks to the abomination. I blame mostly the abomination and Tumblr...

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

Nope, you are not alone. :cheers:

There were always weird ships everywhere, but Jonsa was dialled up to 11 thanks to the abomination. I blame mostly the abomination and Tumblr...

LOL  And to you, too.  :cheers:

Yup, most every idea for a couple can come up with a person or two to agree, but yeah, the Jonsa #SUPERCRACKSHIP seemed to materialize with show story lines, I mean scenes, as we knownot much story on that show after all.  

1 minute ago, Elegant Woes said:

@Lady Fevre Dream There were some book Jonsa fans before season 6 of the abomination came out. There is even a meta analysis about Jon and Sansa that was created back in 2013. However majority of the fans came because of the abomination. 

Where?  I'm talking about here.  I'm honestly curious to know if there were serious Jonsa fans here, on this forum posting such ideas on the book side before Sophie hit a certain age and Sansa's story went to WinterHELL, I mean Winterfell.   Well, sorta curious, LOL, not enough to run a search in all honesty.  Back then, seasons 5 to 6, I was around both sides of the forum a lot of the time and..........I'm not recalling a book side Jonsa presence.

Anyway, I don't want to derail the thread:  It's for Crack Ships in General, right? 

So:  Weirdest Crack Ships

I still go with Jon and Satin.  After all, someone had to describe Satin's luxury locks, it doesn't mean Jon has designs on him. 

Archived