Corona Horse, Corona Rider - Covid #9

Fragile Bird

49 minutes ago, rotting sea cow said:

WHO few days ago.

Virus is NOT airbone

But the droplets can travel through the air. If this report is accurate, it sounds like you can spread this by simply wiping some spit off of you lip and then touching stuff before you wash your hands.

7 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

But the droplets can travel through the air. If this report is accurate, it sounds like you can spread this by simply wiping some spit off of you lip and then touching stuff before you wash your hands.

Er, wasn’t that always clearly the case?

19 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

As for the numbers the recovered are only partitually true as well, in the sense they are recovered because they were tested befire and after. But there have been many more cases, recovered and having dead all of them not counted

Ah true, sure. 

Also the number of tests is not the number of people tested for the same reason. One person is tested at least 3 times.

29 minutes ago, Toth said:

Ah, I should have seen that one coming. XD

But what else are you supposed to do? And I noticed recently that people for some reason haven't hoarded frozen food yet

XD

Well for us it's easier because we have a lot of pizza delivery services here. But right now a lot of people is making pizza homemade, and we look for yeast like we would look for Atlantis. I'm lucky, I have it. Actually  I'm making pan loaf right now.

16 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

Er, wasn’t that always clearly the case?

Well yes, but I put it those terms to underscore how dirty our mouths are, and it’s made worse by reports that 25%-50% of infected people don’t feel any symptoms.

I fear oral sex will never recover from this. :P

37 minutes ago, Toth said:

But what else are you supposed to do? And I noticed recently that people for some reason haven't hoarded frozen food yet.

I don't know about you, but my freezer is full.

2 hours ago, Toth said:

Next time how about buying frozen pizza margherita and then adding your own toppings? Might not be as fun as making one from scratch, but gives you a similar amount of freedom.

Not as much fun, definitely not as tasty! Then I prefer to cook something else. And if I brought frozen pizza home instead of separate ingredients, my family would probably crucify me. :D 

51 minutes ago, Cridefea said:

:crying: Toth........ this is blasphemy..... 

:lol:

I agree. :D 

38 minutes ago, Toth said:

But what else are you supposed to do? And I noticed recently that people for some reason haven't hoarded frozen food yet.

That probably depends on everybody's storage capacity. We are a family of 4 adults and  don't have a big freezer "trough", and our fridge is not particularly big either. We mostly put meat in the freezer. Frozen pizzas, for example, would take way too much space (besides, as noted, be not that tasty as home-made ones ;) ).

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

We’re getting the you’re fired/laid off/furloughed meeting in t-minus 77 minutes.

Liver, just know I do care about you, even if our already abusive relationship is about to get a lot worse.

Put the vodka in the freezer.

To continue a theme.

Holy shit, I was talking with yet another doctor today (a friend of mine) and he said to absolutely avoid anxiolytics if you're experiencing respiratory problems (they may slow down your breathing and can thus worsen the problem). Paradoxically, these are only a good idea once you're in the clear from Covid-19 itself, which is why my doctor prescribed them to me.
@Zorral This (among other things) is why I wasn't too sure about using my experience... unless you're a doctor yourself it's impossible to know what should or shouldn't be done. Rule of thumb is to double-check everything you hear.

19 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

We’re getting the you’re fired/laid off/furloughed meeting in t-minus 77 minutes.

Liver, just know I do care about you, even if our already abusive relationship is about to get a lot worse.

Sorry to hear that man, good luck.  I'll be unemployed by the end of the month - and unfortunately it's not technically due to coronavirus (my contract was always going to expire then).  

And hey, at least you're not in the only state in the country that's closed all liquor stores.  They opened up online sales yesterday, but I've tried Fine Wine & Good Spirits website dozens of times since midnight and I still can't get access.

26 minutes ago, Hereward said:

I read this as a response to the last line of Tywin's post. :leaving:

Outstanding.

1 hour ago, Cridefea said:

XD

Well for us it's easier because we have a lot of pizza delivery services here. But right now a lot of people is making pizza homemade, and we look for yeast like we would look for Atlantis. I'm lucky, I have it. Actually  I'm making pan loaf right now.

That's actually not at all different to anywhere else in terms of delivery services (with likely only the quality being much better for you) and the lack of yeast.

What is it with the yeast? I can't believe all Germans have turned into bakers all of a sudden just because there is a pandemic going on...

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Not as much fun, definitely not as tasty! Then I prefer to cook something else. And if I brought frozen pizza home instead of separate ingredients, my family would probably crucify me. :D

That doesn't seem very fair from you family. Also I must admit I have yet to find a pizza dough that doesn't decide to blow itself up to the thickness of a godawful American style pizza while there have been a few frozen pizza variants lately that actually succeed in mimicking the stone oven thinness and taste of restaurant pizza. Therefore...

That probably depends on everybody's storage capacity. We are a family of 4 adults and  don't have a big freezer "trough", and our fridge is not particularly big either. We mostly put meat in the freezer. Frozen pizzas, for example, would take way too much space (besides, as noted, be not that tasty as home-made ones ;) ). 

Mmh... I only have the fridge freezer as well, so only a tiny amount of room that is currently mostly filled with frozen bread (because with only two people it tends to attract mould quite fast and we therefore opt to only take out what we need).

And my comment was less about the storage capacity of people (as if I'd talk to anyone right now XD) and more about the fact that I have found the supermarkets still surprisingly well stocked even when the stuff is on sale. I guess you could be right in that most people can't store too much frozen stuff and therefore rather go for cans and pasta.

1 hour ago, Cridefea said:

Wait, are food delivery services still operating in Italy? Here, they cancelled them the same time all the sit-down restaurants and cafés were closed.

13 minutes ago, Toth said:

What is it with the yeast? I can't believe all Germans have turned into bakers all of a sudden just because there is a pandemic going on...

No idea. My friend from Austria commented about the same thing on Facebook.

That doesn't seem very fair from you family. Also I must admit I have yet to find a pizza dough that doesn't decide to blow itself up to the thickness of a godawful American style pizza while there have been a few frozen pizza variants lately that actually succeed in mimicking the stone oven thinness and taste of restaurant pizza. Therefore...

No, it was a joke. :D My family is great. We just like to make home-cooked meals when we have the time. For example, when all of us are stuck at home.

Mmh... I only have the fridge freezer as well, so only a tiny amount of room that is currently mostly filled with frozen bread (because with only two people it tends to attract mould quite fast and we therefore opt to only take out what we need).

And my comment was less about the storage capacity of people (as if I'd talk to anyone right now XD) and more about the fact that I have found the supermarkets still surprisingly well stocked even when the stuff is on sale. I guess you could be right in that most people can't store too much frozen stuff and therefore rather go for cans and pasta.

I can see that as well. All I can say, there was no shortage of frozen food or anything else in our local small supermarket today. Well, except for yeast, obviously.

Just now, Buckwheat said:

Wait, are food delivery services still operating in Italy? Here, they cancelled them the same time all the sit-down restaurants and cafés were closed.

They're operating normally in Spain as well. Not sure if it's better or worse at this point.

Delivery in general as well, Amazon Spain is turning over a lot... this latter makes me feel anxious.

21 minutes ago, Toth said:

Apparently sth similar is hppening in Catalonia with the yeast. And I can confirm that on instagram people are showing their bakery creations all day! :)

4 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

“Tiptoes in, on the lookout for freezers”

Well, we, the world, have crossed the million mark. I started using Worldometers when the number was 172,000, about March 16th.

:leaving:

Worldometers has been my goto site for a long time too now. 

On March 16th, the US had fewer than 5,000 confirmed cases.  We'll be over 250,000 tomorrow, an increase of over 50 times in less than 3 weeks.  It's crazy how fast this has spread, and it's not clear whether we've bent the curve yet.  The good news is that this rate can't continue forever.  Herd immunity will kick in soon if things continue as is for another month or so.  

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

3 hours ago, Zorral said:

But it does go in the air via the droplets of sneezing and coughing -- and when full out using the respiratory system, as in singing and running.

My apologies. I wanted to sound sarcastic but now I see that wasn't conveyed in my little post.

Be as it may. Yes there is still scientific discussion whether the virus is indeed airborne. I tend to doubt it otherwise, the mess will be already orders of magnitude worse, but infection may happen that way in some cases. Nevertheless, the WHO assured the World that the virus IS NOT airborne, many outlets picked up the story and somehow deduced that wearing masks was unnecessary, creating unnecessary confusion in these very uncertain times and undermining containment efforts by several governments.

Archived