Must do emergency travel

Ormond

I was debating whether or not to post this but decided there are a few people on the board who would want to know --

I got a call at 12:30 central today that my 98 year old mother has been moved into hospice care at her assisted living facility in Mt. Juliet, Tennessee just east of Nashville. (She does not have COVID, her body has just decided to stop working at this time -- all the tests for several different things are negative but she is obviously in the final dying process to the medical professionals.) I am leaving for the Omaha airport within the next few minutes to fly to Nashville to try and get there in time. It is of course very frightening to have to travel at this moment in history, especially to a city which seems to be having it worse than Omaha in terms of the pandemic at the moment, but I must do this. As my pastor said, I should do what I would regret less, and I decided since I could get a flight out today instead of tomorrow that I should try to be there for her, as she has always been there for me (and countless others) throughout her life. 

So if you pray please do that for me and my sister and the rest of our family. Otherwise send kind thoughts. 

Thanks.

You and your family, especially your mom, are in my prayers, Ormond! A friend’s mom died last Sunday and he just called me this morning. So sad, no friends around to share the grief. This is an extra difficult time for such a sad event. Be careful, wash your hands, wear a scarf around your face if you have no mask.

Wanted you all to know I made it to Mt. Juliet OK. Almost everyone in all three airports (Omaha, Chicago O'Hare, Nashville) were doing good social distancing. The taxi driver from the Nashville airport to my motel squirted sanitizer on my hands when I got out of the cab. I did not have any time to find mask or gloves before leaving Omaha but I certainly am washing, washing, washing.

Archived