Must do emergency travel

Ormond

Sending hugs Ormond - you were there for her which in this day and age is somewhat of a miracle.  It's clear how much love there is in your family and the bond between you all.  Look after yourself,

Sophie

Sorry for your loss, Ormond. I didn't get to be with my mother before she died. I hope having been there will be a comfort for you in the tough days ahead. Good luck with the arrangements (which can be really stressful even without a pandemic) and future travel.

Thanks to everyone for your condolences. I am doing pretty well emotionally at the moment but I am sure it will hit me at times over the next few months. But we were incredibly blessed to have had her for so long.

I am back in Omaha now. I had to go through Houston to find a connection from Nashville to Omaha today. It seemed to me that a lot more passengers on the airplanes were wearing masks today than were just on Tuesday when I went to Nashville. I am sure over half of those on my flights were. However, almost none of the airport or airline workers were wearing masks. I wore both mask and latex gloves all during today's trip myself, though I wondered if washing my hands with the latex gloves on, as I did several times, was really the right thing to do.

I am really tired right now. 

You are exhausted of course.  The death of someone near is exhausting in itself; the emotional distress is so great in so many ways.  Then you had to deal with added stressors of trying to travel in this time to where she was, and then home.  You are just wrung out.  Be very gentle with yourself for some days.

Washing your hands with gloves on seems the right thing to me (what do I really know beyond trying to read what looks relevant and worth paying attention to), It sure did not do any harm to you or anyone else.

Archived