Been inactive for 10 years, give me a summary of what happened

denstorebog

6 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Ro murdered someone?? I’ve never actually left the board (even if I post less due to being on my phone mostly) but that’s gone over my head.

She shot and killed an ex boyfriend (who I don’t remember but was apparently on the board briefly many years ago), allegedly with understandable reasons which I don’t know enough about to believe or disbelieve. I live in the same state she does and she was one of my tattoo clients. We had booked a tattoo appointment for her before her arrest, but after the crime (which I obviously did not know about until her arrest hit the news), she was considerate enough to call me before her arrest and let me know she would need to postpone her appointment- which in her position I would definitely not be worried about.

34 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

She shot and killed an ex boyfriend (who I don’t remember but was apparently on the board briefly many years ago), allegedly with understandable reasons which I don’t know enough about to believe or disbelieve. I live in the same state she does and she was one of my tattoo clients. We had booked a tattoo appointment for her before her arrest, but after the crime (which I obviously did not know about until her arrest hit the news), she was considerate enough to call me before her arrest and let me know she would need to postpone her appointment- which in her position I would definitely not be worried about.

Shit :(

was hoping it was a board in-joke I’d missed.

thanks

13 hours ago, Zoë Sumra said:

Hi, all. I also decided that The End Of The World As We Know It would be a good time to reactivate here. Lost a few years to APD and PPD here and there but we are good, considering. *waves*

Welcome back :)

Sadly the board cricket thread is likely to be a bit short of material for the foreseeable future.

2 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Shit :(

was hoping it was a board in-joke I’d missed.

thanks

Same.  I was even chuckling at it being a good throwaway joke line, but it’s actually true!? (Still hoping it’s just a joke, or my faith in dark humor might be the second victim here)

Seems like we need to resurrect the board ticker thread to keep up to speed on stuff like this. 

It's OK to love Sansa now.

It's not OK to love Jon Snow :D

I joined the board and I learned a lot about online conversation... Counting five years without warning :D

Eighties are cool. Two Russian spies who had children and pretended to be Americans, escaped to Russia, leaving kids behind.

And yes, politics sucks. Regardless where you are.

I was so inactive, I lost my account password and with that my cool joining date and number (somewhere in the System there's a Alarich still around). Missed the murder thing too, the old guard has thinned out a lot.

The US politics threads have in due course assumed total domination of GC. GC has been purged of most, if not all nsfw stuff (like NHAW), although purge is probably not the right word, most of us just became old and tame and the new blood from the floob doesn't know any other days. In Literature, the Goodkind threads are actually over (thank god) and since Happy Ent stopped posting, the Bakker-threads are effectively over as well, only living on in a few satirical remarks in GC.

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

In all sincerity how does:

Reveal hidden contents

a dark ending to the series

mean it is a “long troll job”?

Spoilers for Bakker's TUC:

Spoiler

It's not that the series ended on a dark note, it's that all of the foreshadowing and themes that were being explored and teased in the earlier books ended up being more or less abandoned.  The Consult turned out to be bumbling fools who succeed through dumb luck.  The nonmen have their epic civil war only to show up and be slaughtered in like half a page.  Cnauir survived with the Consult for decades only to reappear and do...nothing?  Achamian and Mimara slog across the entire continent to reach the final battle and then...run away.  The Judging Eye is meaningless window dressing.  Honestly I can barely even remember all of the many disappointments in that final book, but there were a lot of them. 

NOTE:  This is not off topic.  The Bakker threads are an essential part of "what happened" in the past ten years. 

Spoiler

Basically, yeah. I believe Bakkers statement was something along the line of making the reader look for/think there is meaning when there is none. So all the hints and foreshadowing and works building everyone obsessed over for a decade turned out to be Bakker fucking with us. 

@Kalbearcan elaborate more im

sure.

Spoiler

e hints and foreshadowing and works building everyone obsessed over for a decade turned out to be Bakker fucking with us. 

am okay with that; no need to endorse every fan desire--the story can work itself out as it does.  i kinda dig the seventh volume, though i am not over it yet.  we'll need to see how it works out in the unwritten installments.

that said, we need an RSB sanctuary to raise walls against what will be forgotten.

Archived