Been inactive for 10 years, give me a summary of what happened

denstorebog

1 minute ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Has there been a “Bakkercon”?

Well, yes, but no.

There was a fan meet up with Bakker a couple years ago.  But, like all things, Bakker related here, what you want to make of it depends on what narrative you subscribe to.

On 4/14/2020 at 12:17 PM, .H. said:

Well, yes, but no.

There was a fan meet up with Bakker a couple years ago.  But, like all things, Bakker related here, what you want to make of it depends on what narrative you subscribe to.

Did he attend and pretend not to be himself for awhile to talk himself up before revealing he was Bakker?

1 hour ago, Fury Resurrected said:

Did he attend and pretend not to be himself for awhile to talk himself up before revealing he was Bakker?

Could there be any other way to Be?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2020 at 3:23 PM, denstorebog said:

Been gone from the forum for most of the 2010s. Someone give me a bulletpoint list of the memorable events in General Chatter that I missed, preferably chronological.

Thanks in advance.

There was this really bad show on HBO ... 

Welcome back, sir. 

On 4/27/2020 at 3:56 AM, Reny of Storms End said:

Don't leave us hanging for days like this, please elaborate. 

Oh I just saw this. I’d need a long long post but the short good parts where when the final book landed with a thud and didn’t win the Nobel prize and the head of the Bakker board/fan community decided me and kalbear where somehow personally responsible for holding back Bakkers career and started sending death threats under his own name using his work email. That eventually stopped either due to police involvement and/or someone finally informing Bakker what his #1 fan was doing. He may have targeted others too but me and kal AFIAK are the only ones who have mentioned it in public. And that’s just the short version of the tip of the iceberg.

41 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Oh I just saw this. I’d need a long long post but the short good parts where when the final book landed with a thud and didn’t win the Nobel prize and the head of the Bakker board/fan community decided me and kalbear where somehow personally responsible for holding back Bakkers career and started sending death threats under his own name using his work email. That eventually stopped either due to police involvement and/or someone finally informing Bakker what his #1 fan was doing. He may have targeted others too but me and kal AFIAK are the only ones who have mentioned it in public. And that’s just the short version of the tip of the iceberg.

Wow, this is bonkers, what a loon. Thanks for relaying the goods!

Archived