Highlander: Speculative questions on immortals and the modern world

Rhom

On 4/5/2020 at 1:48 AM, Heartofice said:

Firstly you’d have to be constantly moving around, anyone could recognise you and you’d be exposed. 

I've thought of this as well and I just wonder if this is really a danger at all.  Someone might recognize you and out you as an immortal?  I'm not sure you could even out yourself.

I can see that your never changing appearance would bring unwanted attention, though. 

I really dont see recognition being a problem. Rotating around with 5 years each in 10 cities around the world. Anyone you bumped into after 50 years isnt going to recognise you anyway. 

I lived in London for 15 years and maybe bumped into people I knew in the city I lived in 10 times in total. 

A really dark 3 season highlander arc would be epic. 

14 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

A really dark 3 season highlander arc would be epic. 

The John Wick team has been trying to get a Highlander reboot going for years, either on TV or in film. The last word was a year ago and they were looking at a TV show, but hadn't ruled out a movie.

1 minute ago, Werthead said:

The John Wick team has been trying to get a Highlander reboot going for years, either on TV or in film.

Since they've worked with Keanu a lot hopefully they can at least get him to do a cameo as an immortal.

On 4/4/2020 at 10:20 AM, Werthead said:

Yeah, the movie was good but the TV show (around Seasons 2-4) was probably even better. The way it ended (setting up a spin-off no-one really wanted and then two awful films) was poor though.

I mean sure, it got weird there at the end, but

Richie’s death is my favorite moment in TV history

Speaking of...

Spoiler

Killing Tessa and Richie in the 4th episode of the 2nd season was so shocking, and then the confirmation of the suspicion that Richie's actually an immortal waiting to reborn... amazing. One of the most memorable things I've ever seen on TV. Introducing me to Kansas and "Dust in the Wind" didn't hurt, either. They were very bold.

• 4 weeks later...

I watched the show in syndication on USA channel.  I don’t know that I ever saw it in order.  Is the complete series available for streaming somewhere?

3 hours ago, Rhom said:

I watched the show in syndication on USA channel.  I don’t know that I ever saw it in order.  Is the complete series available for streaming somewhere?

Amazon Prime

7 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Everything with Methos was amazing. That was the spin-off we really needed.

Yeah, Highlander: The Raven was pretty much DOA -- no real chemistry between Gracen and the guy playing Nick, writing was mostly uninspired -- so one could wish they tried something different. They even were noodling with it -- there's an episode that was basically a back-door pilot in the later seasons -- but I guess they felt a female lead was more important.

I liked Amanda well-enough as a character, but of the backdoor pilots they did in S6, I recall my favorite was the one featuring Claudia Christian. May be my B5 fandom speaking, though. But I recall she had great chemistry with the male lead played by, Steven O'Shea (who, Google tells me, was also a cop named Nick -- they basically copy-and-pasted the pairing to The Raven).

Archived