R.I.P. Thread: A Celebration Of Lives Well Lived

Mr. Chatywin et al.

Hell, Nightmare at 20,000 Feet (starring William Shatner) is probably the best-known episode of The Twilight Zone, or at least right up there. Ladyhawke is an underrated entry in the "inexplicably large 1980s fantasy movie boom" as well.

He also directed most of Superman II, in a situation that remains weird and contentious to this day.

4 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

William Smith, often an antagonist in films and TV, has died at 88. https://deadline.com/2021/07/william-smith-dead-actor-clint-eastwood-kimo-on-hawaii-five-o-1234789592/

I remember him from playing Conan's father in Conan the Barbarian and he was in original Red Dawn

For a second I almost thought it was Will! 

Condolences 

Spoiler

Though never heard of him 

Seen the helms worth red dawn only 

Rest in peace, Jackie Mason. He was a fixture on TV and in films when I was a kid. I gather form obits I've seen now that he went from staunch Republican to Trumpist, but it doesn't change how funny he was. He won an Emmy for voicing Krusty's father, Rabbi Hyman Krustofski:

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

RIP Dieter Brummer. For people of a certain age in the UK, Home and Away was awesome around that time. He was also excellent as a corrupt cop in underbelly Season 2&3. 

Never watched Home and Away, despite being an Aussie of a certain age, but I remember him very well from other things like Underbelly. Sadly, it looks like it may be suicide as the ABC is listing mental health and suicide prevention info with their report. Only 45.

• 2 weeks later...

Trevor Moore, co-founder of The Whitest Kids U' Know sketch group and host of The Trevor Moore Show on Comedy Central, passed away due to an accident, according to statements from his manager and family. Only 41-years-old. No details about the accident. He livestreamed regularly on the official Twitch for the show, looks like he was due to stream yesterday but didn't happen. 

One of the old classic sketches from WKUK featuring Trevor:

2 hours ago, Ran said:

Trevor Moore, co-founder of The Whitest Kids U' Know sketch group and host of The Trevor Moore Show on Comedy Central, passed away due to an accident, according to statements from his manager and family. Only 41-years-old. No details about the accident. He livestreamed regularly on the official Twitch for the show, looks like he was due to stream yesterday but didn't happen. 

One of the old classic sketches from WKUK featuring Trevor:

That's terrible news. So sad. I always liked WKUK and Trevor Moore was a really funny guy.

RIP

Oh man, Markie Post has passed away from cancer at the age of 70, less than a month after Charles Robinson. I remember her best from Night Court as well, but she had a lot of TV roles over the year -- The Fall Guy, played Elliot's mother on Scrubs...

Not many actors left from Night Court. Harry Anderson died in 2018 (RIP). There's John Larroquette, Richard Moll, Marsha Warfield (who I see has her first TV credits in years from 9-1-1)... and Brent Spiner, never a regular but a recurring actor who did some of the funniest bits on the show.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived