Tywin et al.

R.I.P. Thread: A Celebration Of Lives Well Lived

I just saw she was on Columbo, Babylon 5 (and AD) - quite an accomplishment.

One of my favorite pictures I've ever taken is of a sign in South America. It was at the same national park where the waterfall scene from the last Indiana Jones movie was filmed. Correctly translated from Spanish to English I believe it was suppose to read "Please don't pollute the national park." Someone made an error, because it said "Please don't bluth the national park." 

Posted (edited)

RIP, Larry McMurtry. Never read any of his novels, I admit, but The Last Picture Show is one of the great films of American cinema. Sam the Lion's wistful recollection as performed by Ben Johnson is, as I understand it, loosely adapted from McMurty's novel:

Edited by Ran

RIP, Prince Philip. A relic of a bygone era, who had his good and bad parts, as all people do. I recently saw an interview from the 80s which moved the man past the caricature he was often depicted as in media:

DMX has died. A heart attack, not surprising after a life of substance abuse and 15 (wtf) kids. 

They say celebrity deaths come in threes, but Prince Philip and DMX being part of a triad is pretty amazing.

Damn DMX had heavy rotation in my middle and high school days. Gonna throw on some classics of his tonight. Legend in rap for sure

Get ready for the explosion of tabloidish stories over the Royal burial and Harry/Meghan stories over if they attend/get snubbed/boycott etc,etc, ad nauseum.

Not being from the US and not being too much into Rap or Hip Hop, I couldn't name one DMX song. Only knew him from that Jet Li movie. Cradle 2 Grave, it was called in the US I think.

2 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Not being from the US and not being too much into Rap or Hip Hop, I couldn't name one DMX song. Only knew him from that Jet Li movie. Cradle 2 Grave, it was called in the US I think.

Weirdly he was also in a Steven Seagal action movie called Exit Wounds that I loved growing up. He was one of the most famous names in entertainment in the late 90s, early 00s for sure.

2 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Weirdly he was also in a Steven Seagal action movie called Exit Wounds that I loved growing up. He was one of the most famous names in entertainment in the late 90s, early 00s for sure.

That's one with Jill Hennessy, right?

9 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Not being from the US and not being too much into Rap or Hip Hop, I couldn't name one DMX song.

If you're even vaguely familiar with Rap, I imagine you've heard this one

DMX was one of the biggest rappers in the world when I first got into hip hop and in a way will always remain so in my mind. He was not the most eloquent rapper but more than made up for it with power and aggressiveness,  plus his first three albums are straight classics.

RIP

2 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

If you've see Deadpool, probably his most well-known song is used in the movie's climax:

That song is also used in about a billion other things because it's amazing in a so bad it's good way.