R.I.P. Thread: A Celebration Of Lives Well Lived

Mr. Chatywin et al.

On 4/11/2021 at 9:24 PM, DireWolfSpirit said:

To those that were active in the anti-war protests during the Bush years you may remember former Attorney General Ramsey Clark.

Clark passed recently .

OK, it seems odd to me that somehow the RIP thread in "Entertainment" has become an RIP thread for anyone with any sort of fame. I really do not think that Ramsey Clark was any sort of Entertainment figure and I think there should be an RIP thread in General Chatter where political figures are normally discussed if one wants to discuss his death. 

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

OK, it seems odd to me that somehow the RIP thread in "Entertainment" has become an RIP thread for anyone with any sort of fame. I really do not think that Ramsey Clark was any sort of Entertainment figure and I think there should be an RIP thread in General Chatter where political figures are normally discussed if one wants to discuss his death. 

Interesting point to raise considering the death of Prince Philip and how it has partially overtaken the U.K. Politics thread while also being discussed here.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Interesting point to raise considering the death of Prince Philip and how it has partially overtaken the U.K. Politics thread while also being discussed here.

Agreed,

I've grown so accustomed to posting about people that have passed here, that I've for a long while, not stopped to consider whether they were in entertainment or just famous in general. :wacko:

5 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

Bernie Madoff... played by Robert DeNiro in the movie... so not a celebrity, per se'... but I thought I'd brighten everyone's day by posting that this scumbag has met his demise. 

Damn! They already made a movie on it!? 

And here I am having delusions of grandeur, titling my debut film 'Ponzi

2 minutes ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

I just saw it on Twitter. Peaky blinders and Harry Potter actress Helen McCrory died at 52 from cancer earlier today. Amazing actress and amazing person.

Very sad, incredible actress in everything I've ever seen her in. So many amazing roles. Anyone who is familiar with me on this board will know my favourite.

Said before but never changes, fuck cancer.

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Very sad, incredible actress in everything I've ever seen her in. So many amazing roles. Anyone who is familiar with me on this board will know my favourite.

Said before but never changes, fuck cancer.

Awful :(

Was watching her in Penny Dreadful last night.

Was really sad to see this. I first noticed her when I was sixteen, and she was in a not-amazing role in an unremarkable TV drama. Her presence was stunning. She stole every scene she was in. 

Later, I was lucky enough to see her play Medea live on stage. 

Her early death must be a terrible blow for her family. I wish very much she'd lived to play through the repertoire of roles available to charismatic older women (not enough, but they are there) and take on new challenges. That future's gone now : ( 

I just learned the news.  Far too soon to lose her talent.  She had that undefinable quality, which I am guessing comes from a personality that gives everything in which she's involved, while never taking herself too seriously  Whatever that quality is, made her portrayals of characters unforgettable.

PB can't be PB without her, anymore than Tommy Shelby can function effectively without Polly, as one astute character told her in either season 4 or 5.

That sucks, PB won't be the same without her, she owned every scene she was in. Wonder how the show will handle it. With the type of show it is they could definitely tie it in to  storyline. 

8 hours ago, dbunting said:

That sucks, PB won't be the same without her, she owned every scene she was in. Wonder how the show will handle it. With the type of show it is they could definitely tie it in to  storyline. 

I believe they are currently filming the next season so I guess they knew she wasn't going to be able to film. I'm not certain on that but I think I read it somewhere.

Archived