Tywin et al.

R.I.P. Thread: A Celebration Of Lives Well Lived

Dusty Hill...man as a teen I loved ZZ Top videos! Hot rods, long legged women and rock the holy trinity of teen male!

Posted (edited)

Trevor Moore, co-founder of The Whitest Kids U' Know sketch group and host of The Trevor Moore Show on Comedy Central, passed away due to an accident, according to statements from his manager and family. Only 41-years-old. No details about the accident. He livestreamed regularly on the official Twitch for the show, looks like he was due to stream yesterday but didn't happen. 

One of the old classic sketches from WKUK featuring Trevor:

Edited by Ran
Given Internet speculation, different sketch seemed appropriate.

2 hours ago, Ran said:

Trevor Moore, co-founder of The Whitest Kids U' Know sketch group and host of The Trevor Moore Show on Comedy Central, passed away due to an accident, according to statements from his manager and family. Only 41-years-old. No details about the accident. He livestreamed regularly on the official Twitch for the show, looks like he was due to stream yesterday but didn't happen. 

One of the old classic sketches from WKUK featuring Trevor:

That's terrible news. So sad. I always liked WKUK and Trevor Moore was a really funny guy.

RIP

Oh man, Markie Post has passed away from cancer at the age of 70, less than a month after Charles Robinson. I remember her best from Night Court as well, but she had a lot of TV roles over the year -- The Fall Guy, played Elliot's mother on Scrubs...

Not many actors left from Night Court. Harry Anderson died in 2018 (RIP). There's John Larroquette, Richard Moll, Marsha Warfield (who I see has her first TV credits in years from 9-1-1)... and Brent Spiner, never a regular but a recurring actor who did some of the funniest bits on the show.

Damn, 41 is way too young. This short scene always cracks me up:

Sean Lock, a stand up comedian and panel show regular has died aged 58. Looked ill recently on TV but hadn't heard it was this serious. A very very funny man. 

Ouch, he was one of the best tv comedians, guaranteed quality on panel shows.

That is really sad. I suspected something as he looked pretty frail on Cats does Countdown. I would often piss myself laughing at his segments, he was a genuinely funny guy. Very sad

Posted (edited)

The great Sonny Chiba has passed away at 82, due to COVID-19 complications. A venerable career in martial arts films beginning in the 60s, his most famous role in that genre was probably as Terry Tsuguri in The Street Fighter:

But for those who grew up long after his heyday, it's his appearance in Kill Bill, Vol. 1 -- as Hattori Hanzo, legendary swordsmith -- that will ring bells:

Edited by Ran

6 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Is Watts is the first Stone to fall? Sad day for Stones fans everywhere.

Stones don't fall, they just fade away.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Is Watts is the first Stone to fall? Sad day for Stones fans everywhere.

First since Brian Jones and Ian Stewart.*

Loved Charlie, played some deceptively groovy stuff.  RIP dude

Edited by larrytheimp
*spelling matters, apparently there's some white supremacist musician who spells it differently, yikes

Watts maintained an effortless cool until the end.  Great drummer.  RIP.

2 hours ago, JEORDHl said:

Rest in peace, Ed Asner. Loved that guy :(

Ditto. Such a character and presence. He reprised his role voicing Carl for Pixar's Dug Days shorts, for fans who want to see some of his last work.