Sign in to follow this  
Tywin et al.

R.I.P. Thread: A Celebration Of Lives Well Lived

I distinctly remember his one season with the Niners in the twilight of his career, always seemed like quite the colorful character and a lot of fun.  RIP.

Alto Reed, saxman of Bob Segers Silver Bullet Band, has taken his final bow, may he rest in peace.

Alto is a Midwest icon that will be familiar as the Saxophone player on Seger classics like "Turn the Page, Down on Main Street and the Live Bullet LP".

https://amp.detroitnews.com/amp/4088650001

Motown has lost another legend

3 hours ago, PyroclasticFlow said:

WTF??? We only learn this now?

He was the favorite rapper of a whole mess of other rappers, for his flow and for the complexity of his rhyme schemes.

RIP, DOOM. I hope you're back with your brother...

Tanya Roberts passed at 65. Loved her on That 70's show and always appreciated seeing her!

7 hours ago, dbunting said:

Tanya Roberts passed at 65. Loved her on That 70's show and always appreciated seeing her!

Apparently these reports were greatly exaggerated:

Get well soon, Midge!

I had no idea she was a Bond girl. That's good news, though. 

11 hours ago, dbunting said:

4 hours ago, DMC said:

Apparently these reports were greatly exaggerated:

Get well soon, Midge!

Confusing... :blink:

Ok, lets hope this one isn't a screw up also. Tanya Roberts has passed, per her husband.  They said the confusion yesterday was that he told her publicist that he he had just left from an end of life visit and was blubbering. The publicist took that as she had passed and put out the statement.

9 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Being reported that LA Dodgers manager Tommy Lasorda passed away

Rest in peace, Coach. Thus goes the oldest living Hall of Famer. Willie Mays now has that honor.

Last time I saw him was spring training back in the mid-90s, when the Dodgers were still part of the Grapefruit League. Fairly sure we got a ball signed by him at that game.

His leading the Dodgers to World Series victory over my beloved A’s back in 1988 is seared into my memory.

1 hour ago, Ran said:

Rest in peace, Coach. Thus goes the oldest living Hall of Famer. Willie Mays now has that honor.

Last time I saw him was spring training back in the mid-90s, when the Dodgers were still part of the Grapefruit League. Fairly sure we got a ball signed by him at that game.

His leading the Dodgers to World Series victory over my beloved A’s back in 1988 is seared into my memory.

Me too but, I liked those A's teams, but loved Gibby since I am a Tigers fan so it was ok for me whoever won.

Tom Perrota, journalist and author, passed away yesterday due to a brain tumor. If you were a fan of HBO's The Leftovers, his name may ring a bell because it was based on his novel and he was very involved in the series.

(Fuck cancer, man...)