Daenerys is Azor Ahai Reborn

On 2/19/2021 at 6:26 PM, Skahaz mo Kandaq said:

Dany is Azor Ahai

This Is Known 

On 2/19/2021 at 6:26 PM, Skahaz mo Kandaq said:

:agree:

Yup. The gemstones are family symbols.  Which land is said to have gemstones aplenty?  Asshai. 

The empire either included the city or traded with them.  Perhaps each of the families ruled a territory and each specialized in a particular gem found locally. 

1 hour ago, Aline de Gavrillac said:

Bran is not a leader but Daenerys is the best of the leaders.  Jon was a poor leader at the wall.  He is not the one to lead the forces of the living against the white walkers.  Jon will come back wightified by the white walkers.  Man will never follow him. 

She is so full of life and vigour.

9 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Much like her dragons. All this life and vigor is a clear sign that she is in fact Azor Ahai. All hail!

Full of life and vigor and most importantly clean pureblooded Targaryen. You can't beat that.

4 minutes ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

Full of life and vigor and most importantly clean pureblooded Targaryen. You can't beat that.

Of course, half bloods like Jon the Wolf or the Usurper Aegon cannot be Azor Ahai. Only a pureblooded member of the ValARYAN master race with the purest Blackwood Dayne Martell Rogare Arryn Velaryon Targaryen blood could be Azor Ahai.

1 minute ago, Nathan Stark said:

And the best dragons. Nobody has dragons like D.T. does, believe me!

D. T. - "I know dragons, I have a lot of experience with dragons. Nobody has dragons like I do. My dragons are just the best, they have so much life and vigor... It's incredible. Some say they burned a little girl, but trust me, they didn't, that's just fake news."

On 4/5/2020 at 12:14 PM, Wm Portnoy said:

I see a gender reversal going on with the kings in the hallway and Daenerys.  Dragons are not bound by gender.  That may be the advantage for Daenerys. 

"He told me the moon was an egg, Khaleesi.  Once there were two moons in the sky, but one wandered too close to the sun and cracked from the heat.  A thousand thousand dragons poured forth and drank the fire of the sun.  That is why dragons breathe flame.  One day, the other moon will kiss the sun too, and it will crack and the dragons will return."  [Doreah]

"Moon is no egg.  Moon is god, woman wife of the sun." [Irri]

In this case, Khal Drogo was the one who got too close to Daenerys and got burned.  Fire consumes after all.  His death brought Drogon, Viserion, and Rhaegal.  Daenerys represent the Sun, the Maiden Made Of Light.  Khal Drogo was the Moon.  It is easy to see why Qaithe wants her to go to Asshai.  She can bring the sun back to that darkened city. 

Doreah's words were soon proven true.  The poor woman died soon after the birth of the dragons but at least she had the privilege and the honor of being there for the miracle.  She lived long enough to see her Khaleesi become Azor Ahai. 

On 4/4/2020 at 10:47 PM, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:

I pulled up an old topic from long ago.  I thought it worth the effort to widen the scope of this discussion. 

We started off talking about the "ghosts" in the hallway and their swords.  I want to bring in additional materials that may help in the discussion, for those who would care to talk about this old topic.

From Pate:

There are at least four of these "candles."  Valyria is the accepted origin.

From Armen:

Why would a candle have sharp edges?  Only weapons have sharp edges.  Knowledge can be dangerous but not as dangerous as ignorance.  I don't agree with this part of Armen's opinion.

From Leo:

The source of light is obviously not a flame. 

From Armen:

No it does not.  Marwyn thinks it's obsidian though. 

From Samwell:

So what kind of light makes whites look like that?  Something that has ultra-violet.  The perfect light to use against creatures who live at night.  They burn instead of getting a sun tan. 

From Will:

So once again, we have swords that glow in the dark.  This one gives off blue light. 

From Ned:

Arthur's sword glows in the dark?  It is described as glass-like.

From Daenerys:

We assumed in the first discussion that these men were not the Targaryen kings of Westeros.  The Targaryens do not name themselves or their reign in terms of gem stones.  These men were older, from a long time ago.  These men were Azor Ahai of his time.  Their clothes were ragged because they were living through the long night.  So why is Daenerys important to them?  I believe it is because she is Azor Ahai for this time.  She is the one who can "wake the dragon."  The dragon represents fire and light. 

From Quaithe:

It is my opinion that the death of Khal Drogo lit the candles.  Khal Drogo is Nissa Nissa. 

From The World of Ice & Fire:

So it is believed the Blood Betrayal caused the Long Night.  I'm doubtful, but let's continue.  It is obvious to me, Maiden-Made-of-Light is the Sun.  Lion of Night is the Moon.

From Old Nan:

This looks like a climate change to me.  Change the environment and it favors another species.  The definition of who is fittest can change.  Darkness and cold favor the white walkers.

This is clear evidence.  The threat existed long before the blood betrayal took place.  Why else would the effort to build and guard these fortresses be sensible.  The size of the defense is equal to the seriousness of the threat.  The blood betrayal did not create the threat.

The "ghosts" must have failed.  They are hailed as heroes in the records but I think the climate changed on its own.  The long night ended but the empire remained broken.  I believe this is important, but more on this later.  Parts of the old ruling families still exists and rule fractions of what was the old empire. 

Amethyst is a purple-blue color.  This guy, Bu Gai, must have descended from the Amethyst Empress (family) of old. 

From George Martin: (not an exact quote)

From Quaithe:

From Daenerys and Quaithe:

No people in their right mind would build with this stone in a place like this.  Unless it wasn't like this when it was built.  Asshai must have been normal in the past.  Something happened to corrupt the very stone of the city itself and contaminate the land around it.  Perhaps this is the after effects of the long night.

I know.  Whew that was long.  But I hope you will agree with me.  It is important for Daenerys Targaryen to learn this truth to avoid a repeat of what happened in this part of the world.  The Amethyst Empress was not an individual but a political faction and family branch.  The Red was also a political faction.  Much like the Tigers and the Elephants in the free cities today.  The blood betrayal caused a political and social divide.  The empire could no longer properly defend its borders because they were divided.  Daenerys assumed Asshai but Quaithe probably meant Yin.  Lightbringer's role is to restore and to rebuild after the end of the long night.  It is easier to accept Lightbringer being glass lanterns to light the world through the long night.  It may even be a weapon because it is sharp.  At least some enable communication.  I don't rule out that there is an actual sword called Lightbringer but an object with multiple uses, weapon, lantern, and telephone, is much more useful.  The Valyrians perhaps didn't know what it was and repurposed the glass objects into communication devices.  The phrase "to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow" mean the long night cannot be stopped nor avoided.  Daenerys will have to live through the darkness before she can again enjoy light and warmth.  Which is fitting because the last title will be A Dream of Spring.  Knowing this truth will help her prepare herself and her people to live through the long night and rebuild afterwards.  The last part is something the previous Azor Ahai was never able to do.

Dany is Azor Ahai.  I am more curious about Bu Gai.  A physical description would be helpful.  I would like for these two to meet.  

4 minutes ago, Springwatch said:

Can you prove she isn't?

That's not how it works.

You're the one claiming she is, so the burden of proof is on you.

You cannot just make stuff up and then ask the other party to prove that you're not right, otherwise I could just claim you're part of a Dany worshipping cult and ask you to prove that you're not. I'm not saying you, are I'm just pointing out the kind of random stuff you can spew out without providing any proof.

Obviously I'm not doing that. Similarly you cannot claim Dany is Azor Ahai and then just ask us to prove that she isn't.

Your are the one that needs to prove that she is.

Edited by Alyn Oakenfist

2 minutes ago, Springwatch said:

There's a bunch of evidence in favour of Dany. I'm not going to bring it up, because you know it already, and I think you're just fooling around here, arguing for the fun of it.

I mean let's be honest all of us here on this forum are just arguing for the fun of it, why else would we be here if not to debate and argue?

Now as for the evidence, the only pieces of evidence are the the dragons and Azor Ahai's thing about waking the stone dragons.

There are at least three options for the savior mythos, there's the Last Hero, there's Azor Ahai and there's the Rhoynar story. Only one of them features dragons.

But even with the dragons, just MMD giving her dragons is not really a good basis for becoming Azor Ahai or even worse Queen.

I mean supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical desert ceremony. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some Lazareen tart threw some lizards at you. I mean if I went around saying I was an King just because some desert bink had lobbed a lizard at me they'd put me away.

Jokes aside, the dragons are I think the greatest arguments against Dany being Azor Ahai.

Two of the savior story we know are about making peace to fight a greater enemy, only the Rhallo version being about the savior riding dragons and wielding Lightbringer saving the day.

Therefore I think the hero will be the one to bring the forces against the Others through peace and compromise. That will be either Stannis giving up his kingship for the greater good, or Jon rallying everything and everyone against the Others.

And like really think about it from GRRM's POV. How should the hero save the world? Through peace and compromise or through nukes?

Finally, there's also the fact that Dany's plot is not tied to the WW in any way shape or form. Her being Azor Ahai makes as much sense as Arya being the one to end the Long Night.

On 2/25/2021 at 11:43 AM, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

I do think that Viserys broke the law and was abusive but I still blame Dany for not even trying to help him. He should have been banished instead of killed or she could have even tried to help him. Not that it makes her an outright kinslayer but the next best thing. My original comment was designed to be as pointless as the majority of the comments we see here.

I imagine that when a young mother has just been threatened with disembowellment, pleading for the life of her assailant will be the last thing on her mind.  Not that Drogo would have done any differently.

We should not expect any woman in this tale to be Patient Griselda.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griselda_(folklore)

Edited by SeanF

3 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I imagine that when a young mother has just been threatened with disembowellment, pleading for the life of her assailant will be the last thing on her mind.  Not that Drogo would have done any differently.

We should not expect any woman in this tale to be Patient Griselda.

I mean yeah. When faced with a threat against her children, any normal mom would disregard anything and everything to keep her children safe.

It'd be more weird if Dany didn't agree with Viserys's death tbh.

5 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I mean yeah. When faced with a threat against her children, any normal mom would disregard anything and everything to keep her children safe.

It'd be more weird if Dany didn't agree with Viserys's death tbh.

Even the most unenlightened of people in this world would take the view that Dany's duty is to protect the unborn child of her lord husband, and to accept his judgements.