Daenerys is Azor Ahai Reborn

12 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Not sure what you wanted me to reply to? It was just your opinion on where you think the book is heading and not based on anything actually written in the text.. I think I have made it clear that I disagree with that opinion and nothing I say will change your mind and vice/versa.

It was based on the text tho, it involved Jon's arc, as well as the many times in which prophecy and war are depicted as 'evil', which should make us think that a prophecy about war should be the evilest.

It also involved George's writing style and his writing history, which are important when trying to unravel where a story is heading too. For example, if you had the theory that a JK Rowling series will end with a huge pro-trans anti-terf mesage, I wouldn't need any textual evidence to know you are wrong. And @Alyn Oakenfist's post here was about the same.

Also, I don't care if you reply or not, tho, after reacting to my original comment like it was completely crazy and being utterly sure about your opinion without providing any reasoning for your thinking, and after I reply showing that I have a lot of 'evidence' it would at least be polite.

But then, all I was saying is that you ask Alyn to provide something I already did, and you ignored, so why should he? aren't you gonna ignore it again? And then you act like there are no reasons, despite the fact that I provided many. os yeah, that was the point.

21 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

It was based on the text tho, it involved Jon's arc, as well as the many times in which prophecy and war are depicted as 'evil', which should make us think that a prophecy about war should be the evilest.

It also involved George's writing style and his writing history, which are important when trying to unravel where a story is heading too. For example, if you had the theory that a JK Rowling series will end with a huge pro-trans anti-terf mesage, I wouldn't need any textual evidence to know you are wrong. And @Alyn Oakenfist's post here was about the same.

Also, I don't care if you reply or not, tho, after reacting to my original comment like it was completely crazy and being utterly sure about your opinion without providing any reasoning for your thinking, and after I reply showing that I have a lot of 'evidence' it would at least be polite.

But then, all I was saying is that you ask Alyn to provide something I already did, and you ignored, so why should he? aren't you gonna ignore it again? And then you act like there are no reasons, despite the fact that I provided many. os yeah, that was the point.

Just because George has written previous stories with that type of ending doesn't mean he is going to end this series the same way. Sure it is possible but I'd rather focus on what he is actually writing in ASOIF. And I see nothing to tell me it is heading that way. I will concede though that bringing up Jon's arc is using the text and I apologize for overlooking that. I still don't agree with your conclusion but you are using the text to back it up. So I apologize for that.

Just now, El Guapo said:

Just because George has written previous stories with that type of ending doesn't mean he is going to end this series the same way. Sure it is possible but I'd rather focus on what he is actually writing in ASOIF. And I see nothing to tell me it is heading that way. I will concede though that bringing up Jon's arc is using the text and I apologize for overlooking that. I still don't agree with your conclusion but you are using the text to back it up. So I apologize for that.

t'sall good.

43 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Not sure what you wanted me to reply to? It was just your opinion on where you think the book is heading and not based on anything actually written in the text.. I think I have made it clear that I disagree with that opinion and nothing I say will change your mind and vice/versa.

When will you provide us any shred of proof that Dany is Azor Ahai ?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that is it impossible but as Alyn said: if you claim something, the burden of proof is on you. 

1 minute ago, CamiloRP said:

And controvertial statement, but since we are waring here: BCS>BrBa

Hard to say. I think they're kinda similar in many ways

- Both have incredible characters

- Both have incredible dynamics and believable growth

- Both stall horribly at times

Right now, I think BrBa edges out just a little bit due to how incredible the finale was, but I will withhold judgement until we get the last season of BCS. However I can easily see myself liking BCS more then, it's just that now BrBa has a nice conclusion and a beyond satisfying ending.

Also I will admit BCS has way better villains (Better fuck Chuck indeed), and is very often incredibly funny. The part in the last season where Saul is stalling on the house is absolutely hilarious especially.

1 minute ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Hard to say. I think they're kinda similar in many ways

- Both have incredible characters

- Both have incredible dynamics and believable growth

- Both stall horribly at times

Right now, I think BrBa edges out just a little bit due to how incredible the finale was, but I will withhold judgement until we get the last season of BCS. However I can easily see myself liking BCS more then, it's just that now BrBa has a nice conclusion and a beyond satisfying ending.

Also I will admit BCS has way better villains (Better fuck Chuck indeed), and is very often incredibly funny. The part in the last season where Saul is stalling on the house is absolutely hilarious especially.

Agree to all, yet for some reason I enjoy BCS way more, tho of course, to have a definitive choice we'll have to wait for the finally.

1 minute ago, CamiloRP said:

Agree to all, yet for some reason I enjoy BCS way more

Yes in terms of enjoyment I too prefer BCS, mainly due to the comedy. When BrBa stalled hard I had to take 2 days off my binge run. When BCS stalled I just laughed at the still funny jokes.

'Also I think it needs to be said that BCS has a far more likable protagonist. Walter White was always an ego driven unfulfilled genius, he just hasn't unleashed on the world yet, where as with Saul, we can see him being a good guy, and slowly get torn down by the shittiness of the world. The scene with the scholarship hearing in particular is just great in that regard.

Walter was almost always like that deep down, I think that's why the ending of Granite State is the best scene ever, because that's when both Walter and we as the audience see that and how it all goes back to Gretchen and Elliot (tbf we also see this in the "empire business" thing)

4 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

tho of course, to have a definitive choice we'll have to wait for the finally.

Indeed. BrBa had probably the best ending it could have, so BCS clearly has a hard landing to stick, and also it suffers from several constraints, like figuring out how to dispose of Kim.

18 minutes ago, Willam Stark said:

When will you provide us any shred of proof that Dany is Azor Ahai ?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that is it impossible but as Alyn said: if you claim something, the burden of proof is on you. 

The OP already did that.  Daenerys Targaryen is Azor Ahai.  The prophecy was clear. Azor Ahai will wake dragons from stone.  She did that.  She is the only person to have done that.  Drogo was her Nissa Nissa.  

'Also I think it needs to be said that BCS has a far more likable protagonist. Walter White was always an ego driven unfulfilled genius, he just hasn't unleashed on the world yet, where as with Saul, we can see him being a good guy, and slowly get torn down by the shittiness of the world. The scene with the scholarship hearing in particular is just great in that regard.

Mel Blanc once said he wished he was Bugg Bunny, but he was stuck being Wile E. Coyote. What I love about Jimmy is that he's both.

Just now, CamiloRP said:

Mel Blanc once said he wished he was Bugg Bunny, but he was stuck being Wile E. Coyote. What I love about Jimmy is that he's both.

Exactly, and it makes for fascinating character, seeing him struggle and slowly lose the goodness (seriously though, fuck Chuck!), where as in Breaking Bad, you get a sense that the dangerous ego maniac was always there, just waiting to be unleashed. It makes for a great catharsis at the end of Season 5, but it makes him a far less interesting protagonist than Saul.

10 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

The OP already did that.  Daenerys Targaryen is Azor Ahai.  The prophecy was clear. Azor Ahai will wake dragons from stone.  She did that.  She is the only person to have done that.  Drogo was her Nissa Nissa.  

If Dany is Azor Ahai, how come five books have passed and her relation to the White Walker plot has been fuck all? You'd expect the hero to have some actual connection to the villain plot.

8 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Exactly, and it makes for fascinating character, seeing him struggle and slowly lose the goodness (seriously though, fuck Chuck!), where as in Breaking Bad, you get a sense that the dangerous ego maniac was always there, just waiting to be unleashed. It makes for a great catharsis at the end of Season 5, but it makes him a far less interesting protagonist than Saul.

Then of course, there’s Kim Wexler, who may well be the Daenerys of BSC.  Concern for the downtrodden is in danger of becoming a desire to hand down reward and punishment as she sees fit.

Edited by SeanF

If Dany is Azor Ahai, how come five books have passed and her relation to the White Walker plot has been fuck all? You'd expect the hero to have some actual connection to the villain plot.

Because the war with the Others hasn't started yet? 

1 minute ago, SeanF said:

Then of course, there’s Kim Wexler, who may well be the Daenerys of BSC.  

I mean I hope not, because unlike Daenerys I actually like Kim, and really hope she pulls out of the whole madness in time (it would also help explain why she isn't in BrBa)

Tell that to Great ranging. Also the people at Hardhome. Also Sam.

You are right. Through 5 books There has been 1 skirmish with the Others at the Fist and a one on one fight between Sam and an Other.  

Like I said the war hasn't really started yet

Just now, El Guapo said:

You are right. Through 5 books There has been 1 skirmish with the Others at the Fist and a one on one fight between Sam and an Other.  

Like I said the war hasn't really started yet

No, but still, the fight against the others is the main driving force behind Jon's and Stannis's plot in ADWD, and yet for Dany, she doesn't even know the Others are real.