Daenerys is Azor Ahai Reborn

Those who saw the comet thought it was for them.  This is an echo of Rhaegar who thought he was the prince who was promised.  The comet is the sign of the real Azor Ahai, Daenerys.  Rhaegar and Viserys were the 1st and 2nd tempering of Lightbringer.  Daenerys is the third child and it worked for her.  She drew dragons from "stone" and her rebirth into Azor Ahai is complete.  

4 hours ago, Rondo said:

Those who saw the comet thought it was for them.  This is an echo of Rhaegar who thought he was the prince who was promised.

As you say, the whole prophecy is one huge case of confirmation bias. You can make a case for almost anyone twisting the words this way and that and cherry picking facts.

Is it time for me to spin my "theory" about Hot Pie being Azor Ahai Reborn again? 

Prophecies and legends are intriguing things. Many people will understand them differently and with time, they might be twisted and changed.  Many people could see themselves as part of these prophecies if they truly desire to and I believe that is the case here.

Daenerys has the dragons and the prophecies, but do I think she is Azor Ahai? No. Why? Because it would be too simple and too predictable. ASOIAf is the story of many characters and arguably is a story about Westeros itself (and Essos also, but to a lesser extent).  In such a story, a single hero that fulfills a grand, world-saving prophecy would feel out of place. 

I do think that the prophecy will be fulfilled, but I do not think Azor Ahai will be a single person.  The obvious note here is that the dragon has three heads/there are three dragons in the world/ Aegon the Conquerer had 2 sisters and 3 dragons. I personally think that the term Azor Ahai is wider and more complex in this case (Azor Ahai could even be the entire population of Westeros that comes together and defeats the threat from beyond the Wall).

I could be wrong, of course, and these are just my thoughts.  But if Dany ends up following the "chosen one" trope and be Azor Ahai (or Jon and Tyrion) I will be disappointed. 

Daenerys is the prince who was promised.  The root of this prophecy predates the Targaryens in Westeros.  She is the prince/princess who was promised because she is the one person who can finally set the planet in balance.  All the previous Azor Ahai were male.  A female Azor Ahai is needed to bring back the fire and the light.  Take careful notice of the visions of the kings with flaming swords.  It is obvious their swords did not cure the climate imbalance.  They were dressed in rags and for all appearances were miserable.  They were waiting for Daenerys to become Azor Ahai. 

Look back at the history of the Great Empire.  A male murdered his sister to usurp the empire.  It only makes sense that to right that wrong, the female will murder the male in turn.  Thus bringing everything back in harmony.   The third liar in Dany's prophecy is the reincarnation of the brother.  She will need to execute this male pretender in order to correct the wrongs of the past.  The original post may be right about the red and blue being families.  Whatever.  An ancient wrong will need to be corrected in order to bring harmony. 

2 hours ago, Mordred said:

Look back at the history of the Great Empire.  A male murdered his sister to usurp the empire.  It only makes sense that to right that wrong, the female will murder the male in turn.  Thus bringing everything back in harmony.

Do you really think this is the message GRRM is trying to get across to readers?  Are you saying two wrongs make a right?

Armeria maritima 'Bloodstone' is a flower known as the "Sea Thrift". https://www.gardenia.net/plant/armeria-maritima-bloodstone

https://www.plantlife.org.uk/uk/discover-wild-plants-nature/plant-fungi-species/sea-aster

While Sea Aster's are also a flower that is purple (Aster means Star in Greek). They are located near the coast. Another name for a Star is German "Stern" which is also a word for the back part of a ship. It can also mean serious and unrelenting. (Like 7 unrelenting Storm's hitting Storm's End?)

The Amethyst Flower is a tropical flowering herbaceous perennial that has purplish-blue flowers with white centers and medium green ovate-shaped leaves.

Starfall. Even Star of Even Fall and they live on the Island of Tarth.

I would venture that there is a theme here. Idk. Can't put my thumb on it. 

Maybe, a connection between Daenerys, the Sea peoples like Tarth and Iron born. Shooting Stars and flowers. Which House Gardener of who everyone comes from would link everyone by flowers. Like Jonquil and Florian, both of which are flowers. Jonquil being yellow, while Florian is also a generally yellow flower. Jamie and Cersei incest? Idk. They are not purple flowers though. The Purple flowers seem to be linked to the Sea, Purple, Bloodstones, Starfall, Maybe magic swords as Azor Ahai had. I think its safe to say that one way or another, Dany is tied to the Azor Ahai legend.

The Iron Born connection I find interesting though and wonder about her making an alliances with Euron, or if she'll oppose him.

https://www.worldofroses.com/product/7570/the-stella-maris-centenary-rose-potted-giftwrapped

Stella Maris is also a flower. A Rose.

Maris the Maid?

Maris Piper potato flowers are also Purple.

Edited by AlaskanSandman

On 4/4/2020 at 10:47 PM, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:

I pulled up an old topic from long ago.  I thought it worth the effort to widen the scope of this discussion. 

We started off talking about the "ghosts" in the hallway and their swords.  I want to bring in additional materials that may help in the discussion, for those who would care to talk about this old topic.

From Pate:

There are at least four of these "candles."  Valyria is the accepted origin.

From Armen:

Why would a candle have sharp edges?  Only weapons have sharp edges.  Knowledge can be dangerous but not as dangerous as ignorance.  I don't agree with this part of Armen's opinion.

From Leo:

The source of light is obviously not a flame. 

From Armen:

No it does not.  Marwyn thinks it's obsidian though. 

From Samwell:

So what kind of light makes whites look like that?  Something that has ultra-violet.  The perfect light to use against creatures who live at night.  They burn instead of getting a sun tan. 

From Will:

So once again, we have swords that glow in the dark.  This one gives off blue light. 

From Ned:

Arthur's sword glows in the dark?  It is described as glass-like.

From Daenerys:

We assumed in the first discussion that these men were not the Targaryen kings of Westeros.  The Targaryens do not name themselves or their reign in terms of gem stones.  These men were older, from a long time ago.  These men were Azor Ahai of his time.  Their clothes were ragged because they were living through the long night.  So why is Daenerys important to them?  I believe it is because she is Azor Ahai for this time.  She is the one who can "wake the dragon."  The dragon represents fire and light. 

From Quaithe:

It is my opinion that the death of Khal Drogo lit the candles.  Khal Drogo is Nissa Nissa. 

From The World of Ice & Fire:

So it is believed the Blood Betrayal caused the Long Night.  I'm doubtful, but let's continue.  It is obvious to me, Maiden-Made-of-Light is the Sun.  Lion of Night is the Moon.

From Old Nan:

This looks like a climate change to me.  Change the environment and it favors another species.  The definition of who is fittest can change.  Darkness and cold favor the white walkers.

This is clear evidence.  The threat existed long before the blood betrayal took place.  Why else would the effort to build and guard these fortresses be sensible.  The size of the defense is equal to the seriousness of the threat.  The blood betrayal did not create the threat.

The "ghosts" must have failed.  They are hailed as heroes in the records but I think the climate changed on its own.  The long night ended but the empire remained broken.  I believe this is important, but more on this later.  Parts of the old ruling families still exists and rule fractions of what was the old empire. 

Amethyst is a purple-blue color.  This guy, Bu Gai, must have descended from the Amethyst Empress (family) of old. 

From George Martin: (not an exact quote)

From Quaithe:

From Daenerys and Quaithe:

No people in their right mind would build with this stone in a place like this.  Unless it wasn't like this when it was built.  Asshai must have been normal in the past.  Something happened to corrupt the very stone of the city itself and contaminate the land around it.  Perhaps this is the after effects of the long night.

I know.  Whew that was long.  But I hope you will agree with me.  It is important for Daenerys Targaryen to learn this truth to avoid a repeat of what happened in this part of the world.  The Amethyst Empress was not an individual but a political faction and family branch.  The Red was also a political faction.  Much like the Tigers and the Elephants in the free cities today.  The blood betrayal caused a political and social divide.  The empire could no longer properly defend its borders because they were divided.  Daenerys assumed Asshai but Quaithe probably meant Yin.  Lightbringer's role is to restore and to rebuild after the end of the long night.  It is easier to accept Lightbringer being glass lanterns to light the world through the long night.  It may even be a weapon because it is sharp.  At least some enable communication.  I don't rule out that there is an actual sword called Lightbringer but an object with multiple uses, weapon, lantern, and telephone, is much more useful.  The Valyrians perhaps didn't know what it was and repurposed the glass objects into communication devices.  The phrase "to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow" mean the long night cannot be stopped nor avoided.  Daenerys will have to live through the darkness before she can again enjoy light and warmth.  Which is fitting because the last title will be A Dream of Spring.  Knowing this truth will help her prepare herself and her people to live through the long night and rebuild afterwards.  The last part is something the previous Azor Ahai was never able to do.

It is pretty much confirmed.  The hatching of her dragons confirmed Dany as Azor Ahai. 

On 1/23/2022 at 11:47 AM, Lord Lannister said:

Is it time for me to spin my "theory" about Hot Pie being Azor Ahai Reborn again? 

All hail the one true king, King Hot of House Pie, King of the Andals, Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Flea Bottom, Hero of the Pelennor Fields, King of Numenor under the sea, Gondor and all its domains, Fist of Bread, Azor Ahai, Slayer of the Others, Victor of Winterfell, Harrenhal and Helm's Gate, Breaker of Chains, Khal of the Great Brown Shitheap, new King of Angmar, Allegiant General of the First Order (virgins), Grand Moff of the Empire (chads), husband of Daenerys, the Merciful, the Compassionate, Champion of the Smallfolk, and hundreds of other titles. 

• 11 months later...
On 4/4/2020 at 10:47 PM, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:

I pulled up an old topic from long ago.  I thought it worth the effort to widen the scope of this discussion. 

We started off talking about the "ghosts" in the hallway and their swords.  I want to bring in additional materials that may help in the discussion, for those who would care to talk about this old topic.

From Pate:

There are at least four of these "candles."  Valyria is the accepted origin.

From Armen:

Why would a candle have sharp edges?  Only weapons have sharp edges.  Knowledge can be dangerous but not as dangerous as ignorance.  I don't agree with this part of Armen's opinion.

From Leo:

The source of light is obviously not a flame. 

From Armen:

No it does not.  Marwyn thinks it's obsidian though. 

From Samwell:

So what kind of light makes whites look like that?  Something that has ultra-violet.  The perfect light to use against creatures who live at night.  They burn instead of getting a sun tan. 

From Will:

So once again, we have swords that glow in the dark.  This one gives off blue light. 

From Ned:

Arthur's sword glows in the dark?  It is described as glass-like.

From Daenerys:

We assumed in the first discussion that these men were not the Targaryen kings of Westeros.  The Targaryens do not name themselves or their reign in terms of gem stones.  These men were older, from a long time ago.  These men were Azor Ahai of his time.  Their clothes were ragged because they were living through the long night.  So why is Daenerys important to them?  I believe it is because she is Azor Ahai for this time.  She is the one who can "wake the dragon."  The dragon represents fire and light. 

From Quaithe:

It is my opinion that the death of Khal Drogo lit the candles.  Khal Drogo is Nissa Nissa. 

So it is believed the Blood Betrayal caused the Long Night.  I'm doubtful, but let's continue.  It is obvious to me, Maiden-Made-of-Light is the Sun.  Lion of Night is the Moon.

From Old Nan:

This looks like a climate change to me.  Change the environment and it favors another species.  The definition of who is fittest can change.  Darkness and cold favor the white walkers.

This is clear evidence.  The threat existed long before the blood betrayal took place.  Why else would the effort to build and guard these fortresses be sensible.  The size of the defense is equal to the seriousness of the threat.  The blood betrayal did not create the threat.

The "ghosts" must have failed.  They are hailed as heroes in the records but I think the climate changed on its own.  The long night ended but the empire remained broken.  I believe this is important, but more on this later.  Parts of the old ruling families still exists and rule fractions of what was the old empire. 

Amethyst is a purple-blue color.  This guy, Bu Gai, must have descended from the Amethyst Empress (family) of old. 

From George Martin: (not an exact quote)

From Quaithe:

From Daenerys and Quaithe:

No people in their right mind would build with this stone in a place like this.  Unless it wasn't like this when it was built.  Asshai must have been normal in the past.  Something happened to corrupt the very stone of the city itself and contaminate the land around it.  Perhaps this is the after effects of the long night.

I know.  Whew that was long.  But I hope you will agree with me.  It is important for Daenerys Targaryen to learn this truth to avoid a repeat of what happened in this part of the world.  The Amethyst Empress was not an individual but a political faction and family branch.  The Red was also a political faction.  Much like the Tigers and the Elephants in the free cities today.  The blood betrayal caused a political and social divide.  The empire could no longer properly defend its borders because they were divided.  Daenerys assumed Asshai but Quaithe probably meant Yin.  Lightbringer's role is to restore and to rebuild after the end of the long night.  It is easier to accept Lightbringer being glass lanterns to light the world through the long night.  It may even be a weapon because it is sharp.  At least some enable communication.  I don't rule out that there is an actual sword called Lightbringer but an object with multiple uses, weapon, lantern, and telephone, is much more useful.  The Valyrians perhaps didn't know what it was and repurposed the glass objects into communication devices.  The phrase "to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow" mean the long night cannot be stopped nor avoided.  Daenerys will have to live through the darkness before she can again enjoy light and warmth.  Which is fitting because the last title will be A Dream of Spring.  Knowing this truth will help her prepare herself and her people to live through the long night and rebuild afterwards.  The last part is something the previous Azor Ahai was never able to do.

I think each stone is the House sigils of families. The families of Westeros have sigils and banners.  The ruling class making up the old Empire of the Dawn used gemstones as family symbols.  Dany's dawn family were not called Targaryen.  They were simply referred by the color of their family stone.  Think of the stones like birthstones except they were familystones. 

There are heroes, villains, and in betweens.  The Amethyst clan are the protagonists.  This clan became the Targaryen family of our Dany.  The Velaryons and Celtigars are also heroes who serve the Amethyst House.  Most of the clans are in between. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2023 at 10:41 PM, Targaryen Restoration said:

I think each stone is the House sigils of families. The families of Westeros have sigils and banners.  The ruling class making up the old Empire of the Dawn used gemstones as family symbols.  Dany's dawn family were not called Targaryen.  They were simply referred by the color of their family stone.  Think of the stones like birthstones except they were familystones. 

There are heroes, villains, and in betweens.  The Amethyst clan are the protagonists.  This clan became the Targaryen family of our Dany.  The Velaryons and Celtigars are also heroes who serve the Amethyst House.  Most of the clans are in between. 

The people of the great empire had technology which they could use to give a specific eye color to each family.  The eye color may be the physical sign of which family a noble belonged to.  The family tree branched off and some way to identify where each belonged was needed.  

• 1 month later...

@H Wadsworth Longfellow

The gem color is a unique physical trait of each individual because the world was young.  Take the Christian biblical story of the first family.  Adam and Eve had children.  And those children had to have mated with each other.  The gene pool was understandably small.  The first family would look alike for several generations.  The eye color in Martinworld differentiated the individuals from each other.  Martin said there will be no interference from the gods but that is not saying there are no gods.  The monarchs of The Great Empire of the Dawn were the children of the Gods made in their own image.  They were the early generation and as close to the Gods as anybody can be.  They were the earliest of their kind and were given the right to rule over the other humans on the planet.  Daenerys has instinctive knowledge of the information she needed to begin the ritual.  She also has the right magic power because of her ancestry.  Dany's magic migrated the spirits of Khal Drogo, King Rhaego I, and King Viserys III into the stone dragon eggs.  Three kings became her three dragons.  I would like to think they each had their own gemstone color in their past lives when all four (including Dany) were living during the time of The Great Empire of the Dawn.  Like Drogo was the Opal Emperor.   I would also like to believe Dany is the reincarnation of the Great Amethyst Empress.  They failed to protect her long ago but they will get their redemption and protect her this time around.  The male ghosts with swords in the hall are them in their past lives. 

2 minutes ago, Kierria said:

@H Wadsworth Longfellow

The gem color is a unique physical trait of each individual because the world was young.  Take the Christian biblical story of the first family.  Adam and Eve had children.  And those children had to have mated with each other.  The gene pool was understandably small.  The first family would look alike for several generations.  The eye color in Martinworld differentiated the individuals from each other.  Martin said there will be no interference from the gods but that is not saying there are no gods.  The monarchs of The Great Empire of the Dawn were the children of the Gods made in their own image.  They were the early generation and as close to the Gods as anybody can be.  They were the earliest of their kind and were given the right to rule over the other humans on the planet.  Daenerys has instinctive knowledge of the information she needed to begin the ritual.  She also has the right magic power because of her ancestry.  Dany's magic migrated the spirits of Khal Drogo, King Rhaego I, and King Viserys III into the stone dragon eggs.  Three kings became her three dragons.  I would like to think they each had their own gemstone color in their past lives when all four (including Dany) were living during the time of The Great Empire of the Dawn.  Like Drogo was the Opal Emperor.   I would also like to believe Dany is the reincarnation of the Great Amethyst Empress.  They failed to protect her long ago but they will get their redemption and protect her this time around.  The male ghosts with swords in the hall are them in their past lives. 

https://media.tenor.com/5c2nXn2pt-wAAAAC/supernatural-castiel.gif

21 hours ago, Kierria said:

@H Wadsworth Longfellow

Anything long and sharp would be mistaken for swords.  The swords are glass candles.  Blades do not drive away the darkness.  Only light can drive away the dark. 

Azor Ahai is a myth, and I don't think we can fairly attribute characterization or how things truly unfolded if he were real untold millennia later.

Regardless, there are ways to fit each criterion without getting into the "yikes" territory that puts me off as well. Both Dany and Jon have already fulfilled multiple criteria of being AA without being a jerkface.

On 2/18/2023 at 7:08 PM, Kierria said:

@H Wadsworth Longfellow

The gemstones is the birthstone of each person in the family.  I think they are brothers and sisters and the children of the gods.  The stones may indicate birth order.  Since Amethyst was in charge it meant she was not the youngest.  Daenerys is the youngest of the Targaryens.  What is relevant today is she is Azor Ahai and the rightful ruler of Westeros.